Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Growler

NZrFL 15 - NAGT World Tour!

Post by Growler » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:49 pm

NZrFL 15 - NAGT World Tour

Mod and templates here:
http://www.thepits.us/?page_id=8

League Start:
17th August 2010 (This will allow an additional 2 weeks practice after the Legends fun league).

League Format:
The NAGT World Tour is a series of races at different tracks around the world spread over 7 weeks.
There a will be two 30 minute races per night with one endurance round.
The second race will be a reverse grid based on the finish order of the first race.
Maximum drivers: 42. If we have more than 42 drivers sign up, drivers who competed in 50% of any of the last three leagues will have first preference.

Cars:
All cars will be available however if one model is dominant over the rest in practice that car may be dropped (Based on majority vote).

Tracks:
Ohio – USA (Mid Ohio) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... r%20Course
Imola – Italy (Imola) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... ola%201994
Derbyshire – England (Essington) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Essington
Bruneck – North Italy (Old Ring - Sports Car layout) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=OLDRing
California – USA (Laguna Seca) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... una%20Seca
Somewhere in New Zealand….. TBA
Spielberg – Austria (A1-Ring) http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=A1%2DRing

Track Patch - http://files.ksr.net.nz/users/HughJarse ... pdates.rar

Aus vs. NZ Enduro
24 hours of Spa (Cut down to 2.0 hours) Details yet to be confirmed

Skins:
Skins to be sent to Rasmo care off ksrskins@gmail.com. Cut off date for these is the 6th August.
Rasmo will do the window banners etc. KSR must be on the rear wing
Low Res: http://www.mediafire.com/?aifgn54jnunogaa
High Res: http://www.mediafire.com/?dc8sbh2jd2c4udu

Weight Penalties:
There are no weight penalties for this league, however the organisers, at their discretion, can add weight to any specific driver where it deems necessary to even up the field.

Practice Night:
We will be having a couple of practice nights before the league starts.

Teamspeak:
It would be appreciated if all drivers could at least be in listen mode on Teamspeak, for the safety of all.
Abusive Teamspeak or post race forum behavior will not be tolerated. What you do on TS after the race is the problem of the TS admin, but during qualifying and the race will be monitored and can be acted upon by the Race Committee. This is supposed to be enjoyable, let’s keep it that way. No warnings before ban from TS maybe acted upon.
Before 8:30pm NZDT (20:30) please watch your language, not everyone is quite yet over the hill. Baiting and deliberately trying to aggravate anyone will result in dismissal from the league. These people are here to race as well.

There will be NO talking on TS during qualifying. Failure to adhere will ensure your loss of qualification position (moved to back of grid or start from pit.). There will be no warnings.

Qualifying:
For the first race only. Qualifying will be 10mins long and open.

Warmup:
Yes. This will allow everyone a few minutes to cope with anything unforeseen. If drivers are ready warm-up will be by-passed.

Starts:
Standing start

Aids:
Traction Control: No
ABS: No
Auto Clutch: Yes

Damage:
Damage will be set to 60%

Cockpit:
Open

Setups:
Open

Penalties:
Penalties will be issued out in a form of loss of race points based on the severity of the offence.

rFactor In-Car Chat:
Using rF incar chat during closed qualifying will result in loss of qualification position. There will be no warnings.

Driver Etiquette

Passing
A passing manoeuvre is deemed to have begun when two Cars overlap each other by approximately 50% or more. It is the passing cars responsibility to make the pass cleanly and without contact. The car being passed must give a much room as is realistic, as it is their best interests. A driver may defend his/her position by moving off their line in the straights, but in one direction only and once committed to an alternative line, must remain there. If you feel your race has been severely compromised due to the actions of another driver feel free to protest, AFTER the race. The responsibility for the decision to pass another car rests with the overtaking driver. However, this will not relieve the overtaken driver from the responsibility for the safe passing of the other car. The overtaken driver shall not block. Any driver who fails to make use of his rear view mirror, or who appears to be blocking another car seeking to pass, may be penalised.
All competitors have a right to “racing room” on the marked racing surface. “Racing room” is defined as sufficient space to allow a competitor to maintain control of his car in close quarters under racing conditions. It shall be incumbent on all drivers to preserve the right of their fellow competitors to “racing room” on the track. Abrupt changes in direction to impede, or affect, the path of a car attempting to pass may be interpreted by Crash Committee Officials as an attempt to deprive a fellow competitor of his right to “racing room.”
Drivers must keep Two Wheels on the racing surface at all times. The racing surface shall be defined as the marked, paved race track only. Pit lanes, their entries and exits, runoffs, additional paving, grass verges, etc. are expressly excluded from the racing surface. A competitor may not improve his position by using non racing surfaces and should redress immediately should this occur.

Chasing
The following vehicle must be mindful that different vehicles may brake sooner or take different lines into corners. Braking without contact between the lead and the following vehicles is the responsibility of the following vehicle, unless the lead vehicle is deemed to be out of control and inadvertently causes contact.

Disabled Cars
If, for any reason, a driver is forced to stop his car on the course during an event, it should be his first duty to place his car in such a manner as not to cause danger, or obstruction, to other competitors. This includes finishing of a qualifying run during an open qualifying session.

Dangerous Driving
Dangerous driving charges will be issued by the Crash Committee at their discretion. Two upheld charges in one event will force the offender to sit out the following meeting. Typical offences are, poor rejoins causing accidents, aggressive line changes without reason, charging, reversing into traffic, dive bombing etc. These are offences of different nature to the usual racing incidents (late braking, spinning in front of traffic, etc).
If a driver is forced to sit out a second event, any further offences will see the offender dismissed from the league. Competitors may be removed from the event at the race director’s discretion at any time. They will also be removed from Teamspeak at this time to allow other competitors to continue unimpeded.

Headlights
Headlights are permitted to be used to flash (single on/off) as a means of communication. Drivers who constantly flash their lights (or drive with them on, unless otherwise specified) will be penalized. CC members can penalize without protest if noticed.

Protests
Protests will be looked at. Please feel free to make them in an adult manner.
Submit the lap and time that the incident occurred on. Crash Committee members will decide who was at fault. You are not to lay blame if you wish your penalty to have effect. Offensive behaviour by other drivers that does not have a direct effect on you can still be submitted. Please remember, if it does not show up on the replay or a video is not available, it is almost impossible for the Crash Committee to make a ruling.
Protests must be submitted by 8PM the Thursday after the races.
Drivers who feel they have been unfairly penalised have the right to request to an appeal.
Protests will be ignored if not submitted via PM to the race organisers.
When lodging protests please keep the protest detail to a minimum. Track, Race #, time, and who is involved are all that is required. Please do not submit a detailed story as the CC will be able to determine the cause. Please use your forum/driver name when submitting protests.

Race night format:
Racing will be held on Tuesday nights, official practice begins at 8pm and the server will be rolled at this time. Drivers joining the server later than 15mins prior to qualifying start and seen to be causing problems may be removed from the server at any time by the Race Controller.

Qualifying:
Qualifying will depend on the type of event, so check the race thread for details. It is the driver’s responsibility to be on track, on time. If you drop during qualifying, you may be able to rejoin during warmup. While there is no guarantee of this, you do stand a better chance if you are on Teamspeak (as you should be in listen mode at least).
- do not announce you have dropped.
- wait until it is announced that the Qualifying session has finished and advise that you are either rejoining or having issues.

Reversed Grid:
R1 finishing results will be used for R2 reversed grid placements.

Warmup:
Can be shortened at the race controller’s discretion, but will normally be 5 minutes to let dropped entrants back on to the server, and do grid adjustments. Please be patient and keep listening.
Races will not be restarted but is at the discretion of the organisers. If you can not make it onto the server for the event, you will not receive any points.

Disconnections:
If 30 percent of the field or more is dropped, the race will be Red flagged and restarted or abandoned. If you are disconnected, equal last place points will be awarded.

Flags:
All in-game flags will be adhered too.

Blue - Displayed when a driver does not yield to a car that is lapping him. 1st time is a
warning, 2nd time indicates the driver must yield immediately, and the 3rd time earns a stop and go penalty.
Should you be shown the blue, you will yield to the following vehicle at the next safest point. But it is still up the passing car to make the pass Hold your line. A slight lift on the throttle once the passing vehicle has moved out to pass is all that is required.

Red/Green - Shown in game as a green with a red under it. The driver has been penalized for cutting corners or other race infractions. A stop and go penalty must be taken within 2 laps.

Yellow - Slow down and prepare to stop. There is a dangerous condition on the circuit.
Do not pass under a waved yellow flag, you risk a penalty.

Red with two arrows – Drive thru penalty. Make sure you don't speed in the pit lane while serving this and keep an eye out for drivers leaving their pit stalls. It will not be your fault if you are hit, but you may be damaged.

Most of all have fun!!!

(This post will be updated as we get closer to the start date)

Growler

Re: NZrFL 15 - NAGT World Tour!

Post by Growler » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Additional Info...

With the testing Rifty and I did we are both concerned with the advantage the Skyline (And the Volvo to a degree) has over everything else. The aim is to set up a server so we can all practice with different cars at the same time to test this further.

There will be a new track that no one has driven on. More later.

I have also been liasing with OldFart about having a one off NZ vs AUS 2 hour race for the Enduro at the end of the league. There are a few Aussies that a keen for this. Again maximum number of drivers will be 42 (21 per country). Drivers who compete in 6 or more rounds have automatic entry, with the remaining spaces to be filled on a first in first served basis. (This is more directed at the NZ drivers as I don't want someone who signs up for the league but never races [as per the AE86 league] to take the space of a regular league driver)

04/07/10 - Track list and race length updated. Links to follow.

06/07/10 - Practise server is up. There will be several of us on tonight so join up as it would be good to test all vehicles in a race condition.
- After tonights testing all cars will be available.

11/07/10 - Points site is up (http://points.kiwisimracing.net.nz/inde ... 5Bdest%5D=).
- Skin cut off date and address etc updated.

13/07/10 - Links to tracks added

11/08/10 - High and Low res skins added

15/08/10 - Track Patch added: http://files.ksr.net.nz/users/HughJarse ... pdates.rar

4/09/10 - Replay Patch Added
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WMS-Old Frt

Post by WMS-Old Frt » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:17 pm

I'm in... this will be fun.

My car is ready.. just got it back from the paintshop yesterday...

Last edited by WMS-Old Frt on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dementia... isn't a Hollywood fantasy movie starring Mickey Mouse, apparently.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Growler wrote:Additional Info...

With the testing Rifty and I did we are both concerned with the advantage the Skyline (And the Volvo to a degree) has over everything else. The aim is to set up a server so we can all practise with different cars at the same time to test this further.
To add to this. If we were looking at running one 50 min race per night, then there would be no concern as the increased tyre wear of the 4WD's would come into play. However, at KSR race night usually consist of two short races.

ORA-Quasi

Post by ORA-Quasi » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Well, as soon as a decision is made I can decide whether to enter this or not....

The Ikea sponsored MDR Volvo S-60R

I love how the grilles and doorhandles came up 3D, and the exhaust appears to be actually sticking out from the body :D

We held an NAGT event at 'Road America' last Thursday night, and to be honest, I don't see how the Volvo could be considered dominant. The Camaro and Nissan led the way in all three races I believe.
Last edited by ORA-Quasi on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WMS-Old Frt

Post by WMS-Old Frt » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:53 pm

We saw some advantage Wednesday night with the Nissan in those sprint races, althought they started to feel the burn near the end too. I don't know about the Motorcylist Killers .. ask Quasi lol. As said, a judicious use of weight penalties will fix any problems.

Great track selection guys, they will make for some really good racing.... can I suggest maybe for the New Zealand circuit:- Taupo A1GP or maybe Manfield Long ?

Growler

Post by Growler » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:58 pm

WMS-Old Frt wrote:Great track selection guys, they will make for some really good racing.... can I suggest maybe for the New Zealand circuit:- Taupo A1GP or maybe Manfield Long ?
Taupo isn't finished and we have done Manfield. I guess you will all have to wait and see....

WMS-Old Frt

Post by WMS-Old Frt » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Growler wrote:Taupo isn't finished and we have done Manfield. I guess you will all have to wait and see....
Ok, I like surprises

ORA-Quasi

Post by ORA-Quasi » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 pm

So, what you're saying is that the Volvo could get a weight penalty for being dominant against cars like the Camaro, Nissan, DB9R, etc.

I ran 7th in the one race I did, having blown an engine in race 1 and switching to a Caddy for race three. In fact, I took the Volvo for it's handling, despite being underpowered. I'll be interested in the decision.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:38 am

What we're looking to do Quasi is offer a league with an even playing field based on the format run at KSR.

It's been proven that in a longer 50+ min race the grip advantage the 4WD cars offer is voided after a while due to faster tyre wear on the fronts, however with the shorter sprint races this possibly won't happen.

A decision won't be far off :)

ORA-Quasi

Post by ORA-Quasi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:19 am

Riftcreator wrote:What we're looking to do Quasi is offer a league with an even playing field based on the format run at KSR.
That's all any of us can do mate. I'm just questioning the the dominance issue with the Volvo, is all.
Riftcreator wrote:It's been proven that in a longer 50+ min race the grip advantage the 4WD cars offer is voided after a while due to faster tyre wear on the fronts, however with the shorter sprint races this possibly won't happen.
Keep in mind that the grip on the Volvo makes up for being underpowered. In fact, the two enduro engine options are both detuned in differing levels, to ensure engine life, and revving the sprint engine too hard will cause it to detonate (I did it on Thursday night).

If those in faster, more powerful vehicles can't set up their cars, and drive, in order to save tyres over an sprint race distance, why should the Volvo driver be penalised....after already giving away a power and speed advantage?
Riftcreator wrote:A decision won't be far off :)
That'll be good mate, I can then decide whether to commit to the series :D

StickyRubbers

Post by StickyRubbers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:57 am

G'day from Oz, just registered and keen to have a run in this series...and the Kiwi V OZ enduro.
currently race at ORA and Jff, and hopefuly KSR as well now too,
is there anything else i need to do? (couldnt see or find any race reg threads etc)

Cheers

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:20 am

ORA-Quasi wrote:If those in faster, more powerful vehicles can't set up their cars, and drive, in order to save tyres over an sprint race distance, why should the Volvo driver be penalised....after already giving away a power and speed advantage?
I think the main concern would be the Skyline. That has good handling and speed...

WMS-Old Frt

Post by WMS-Old Frt » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Hiya Stickyman, you made it across the Pond mate.. great to see.

Top right hand corner is the link for the Points Site.. tricky but necessary to get signed up on it to race.

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks to Riven and Inspire - Practise server now up and running...
There will be a few of us testing tonight so the more the merrier.

ORA-Quasi

Post by ORA-Quasi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Growler wrote:There are no weight penalties for this league, however the organisers, at their discretion, can add weight to any specific driver where it deems necessary to even up the field.
That's great to hear, as I've already done the registration on your SLS :D

Now I will wait and see if I get to run my 'Ikea Courtesy Car', or a default version :larf:

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:23 pm

If you're free tonight we'll be on testing, be from 6pm your time :)

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm on the server now if anyone wants to join.
Usual password.

ORA-Quasi

Post by ORA-Quasi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:42 pm

I'm looking for it now...I'm coming :D

ORA-Quasi

Post by ORA-Quasi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Nah, can't find the server password in any of the threads...juast keeps saying "It's the standard password". Also, Do I require the 'Relay' (anti-cheat) software to join that way?

ORA-Quasi

Post by ORA-Quasi » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:59 pm

cheers. Already in TS.

mrsinista

Post by mrsinista » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:59 am

It was my first try of this mod last night, im impressed. I tried 3 cars and all fealt great, these guys did a good job on the default setups.
Im looking forward to testing the other cars, but my hearts with the Aston....

OzMafia

Post by OzMafia » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey guys,
Was looking up the KSDR stockcar mod and stumbled across this, looks rather interesting :)

Am I correct in that your race night is Tuesday night?
And just wondering on starting times for races?

Looking forward to rubbin panels with some new and old foes :)

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:18 pm

OzMafia wrote:Am I correct in that your race night is Tuesday night?
And just wondering on starting times for races?

Looking forward to rubbin panels with some new and old foes :)
Welcome :)

Tuesday nights, usual race start at ~9pm, qualifying has tended to be a little bit earlier (8:45ish) as of late

WMS-Old Frt

Post by WMS-Old Frt » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Hiya Mafia, excellent timing there mate.

You're gunna love this racing, tough, no quarter given.. and early Tuesday nights (6pm) for us Aussies.