NZrFL:20- Round 1 - HIDDEN VALLEY - 15th May

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Riftcreator

NZrFL:20- Round 1 - HIDDEN VALLEY - 15th May

Post by Riftcreator » Sun May 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Hidden Valley Raceway is located five kilometres from Darwin Airport and 10km from the city's central business district. The Raceway supports
a state-of-the-art Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) track (2.87 kms) that features a 1.1km main straight and a challenging back section of curves and hairpin bends.

Night Format
7:30pm - Official practice begins
8:30pm - Round Qualifying
8:45pm - Race 1, 20mins No pit-stops
9:15pm - Race 2, 40mins with 1 Compulsory pit stop (You have to change all 4 tyres) The CP HAS to be taken between laps 7 and 25

Qualifying Format
This will be a 10 Minute open session, so other cars will be on track

However you are limited to 2 flying laps only, meaning 4 laps total. An out-lap, your 2 flying laps and your in-lap. If you exceed this limit you will be at the back of the grid, no excuses
Also with this type of qualifying, when someone is on a flying lap they are not obliged to get out of the way, so please judge the amount of room you will need to complete a fast lap cleanly

Other Info
Damage - 81%
Fuel & Tyres - Normal

There are ways to gain time by cutting the track here, the Crash Committee will look at this through the replay's and if they see blatent repeat offenders the Crash Committee will DQ you from that race . For simplicity, through all corners keep 2 wheels on the race track.
(The ripple strips/curbs are NOT the race track)

All needed files are in the first post of the main league thread.

Danman

Re: NZrFL:20- Round 1 - HIDDEN VALLEY - 15th May

Post by Danman » Sun May 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Appologies all, I won't be able to make this round, work calls.
Have fun, and roll on next week!

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Mon May 14, 2012 9:56 am

So after that very quick run last night it would appear that there is a huge difference in grip between the tires.
Anyone know roughly how long the sprint tires last?
Halo Racing

BK

Post by BK » Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 am

Well that's all in propotion to the how far down the jandel is to the angle of the wheels. :larf:

I'm doing a stint on the softs if that helps, then again I'm not doing low 5's either :crazy:

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Mon May 14, 2012 3:01 pm

I cant make it unfortunately.
Family dinner I cant get out of :cute:

Cya next week.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Mon May 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Scrunty wrote: Anyone know roughly how long the sprint tires last?
Running in the 1:04's, not long at all ;p

I'll be on tonight for some laps :)

lukey73

Post by lukey73 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 pm

So do we have to use both tyres? After doing laps last night im not going to be in the hunt for top spot but just interested to know if can stay on softs or do we have to use the hards as well.

bradc

Post by bradc » Tue May 15, 2012 12:09 am

I thought it was open slather Lukey, apologies for not running tonight.....fell asleep on the couch lol !!!!

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Tue May 15, 2012 12:35 am

Tyre choice is open Luke.

I'll be running softs myself, but will need to manage them as they do go off real fast if you start to punish them.

lukey73

Post by lukey73 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks Rifty,

Just wanted to make sure so that can be some strategy around the tyres you use and the pit stops for race 2 most importantly.

Cant wait to get back racing with you guys again.

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue May 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Bleh might not be able to make it tonight, have just been asked to do some extra work -_- will see how it goes

Hardman

Post by Hardman » Tue May 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Can't make it tonight guys, work sent me to Melbourne :) Looks like quite a few people can't make the first round which is a bummer. I will definitely be there next week.

HoldenVaughn

Post by HoldenVaughn » Tue May 15, 2012 6:07 pm

wont be able to make the first couple of rounds sorry!

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Tue May 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Race Day!!!! _b _b

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Tue May 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Points are up.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Tue May 15, 2012 11:55 pm

bradc

Post by bradc » Wed May 16, 2012 12:36 am

A good night of racing I think, really struggled to make it to the earlier start tonight, but made it just in time so all good! Had some good battles in the first race, but feel my strategy was rather lacking. _b to MMD for his sporting behaviour on track! Honestly mate I didn't think you touched me and sadly I couldn't hear what you were saying on Teamspeak, so I'll have to check a replay, but from the heat of the moment I felt you had done nothing wrong, I just ran out of talent!

Speaking of running out of talent, I must publicly apologise to Viking. We ran very close for several laps and I mucked up in the hairpin and locked the rears when we made contact. I know I wrecked your race and I'm glad you were able to race on afterwards, even if it was in a few spots lower. I felt in the 2nd race I was starting to get a feel for how to treat the tyres so hopefully I can improve on this for round 2. Driving errors aside, I felt it was a solid drive as it's feels like it's been months since the last time I raced here, but at least I know I won't have to wait that long until the next time. :D

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed May 16, 2012 7:05 am

Still gutted about Kyle stealing my pitstall! Cost me a good 12 seconds waiting for him to get his crappy Holden out of the way :larf: Had some of the best racing I've ever had in that first 20 minutes though, switching positions and going side by side round most parts of the track without taking each other out, was great fun.

Looking forward to next week :)

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Wed May 16, 2012 7:33 am

Was hoping to finally be mid pack after practicing offline with 6's and low 7's. But just couldn't replicate that on the night. Was doing ok in the first until I spun up the tires exiting the hairpin then it all went down hill.

The second saw me incure my first Stop Go penalty (exiting the pits before they had finished), then another for because I enjoyed the first one so much o_O (Duh to me). Parked up and watched the front runners, great driving guys you make it look easy.

Congrats Kyle nice driving

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed May 16, 2012 9:09 am

Hidden Valley race hot laps.
A overlay replay of the fastest laps from each driver.

Best to watch on Youtube in 1080p HD

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Wed May 16, 2012 12:36 pm

bradc wrote: _b to MMJ for his sporting behaviour on track! Honestly mate I didn't think you touched me and sadly I couldn't hear what you were saying on Teamspeak, so I'll have to check a replay, but from the heat of the moment I felt you had done nothing wrong, I just ran out of talent!
Wasnt to sure if i tapped you or not bud (IMHO we were so near eachother i thort i must've tapped ya), so thort its just better to give the spot back because it was such i fine battle at the time :). Having probs with sound/mic ATM (Running T/S off default realtek and all other sounds off sound blaster) but looking intoit

Yoda_NZ wrote:Was hoping to finally be mid pack after practicing offline with 6's and low 7's. But just couldn't replicate that on the night. Was doing ok in the first until I spun up the tires exiting the hairpin then it all went down hill.
The second saw me incure my first Stop Go penalty (exiting the pits before they had finished), then another for because I enjoyed the first one so much o_O (Duh to me). Parked up and watched the front runners, great driving guys you make it look easy.
Id say your doing really well mate _b keep up the good work, your improving everytime you hit the track Yoda. Goodstuff

Great battle race 2 Rifty, was looking to be a good ol contest there for abit forsure, Untill i went "to hot" into pit lane and got a drive thru but the cars coming into pit made me wait maybe 1/2 to 1 second and that was just enuf for yr crew to get u out infront of me goodstuff bud _b (well for yr crew anyway i fired all mine after race :ffs: ) lol. Sorry to the green car i bumped off @ turn 4 ( 90degress right up to hairpin) BK i think ( il look @ replay and put drivers name here) late in race 2, I was pushing to hard tryn get some spots back and ran out of skill

Great night indeed and well done to kyle on the wins mate

P.S good to see harding and hawkins again _b both still on the pace there I see :p

MMJ
Last edited by MadaMaoriJR on Wed May 16, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BK

Post by BK » Wed May 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Well I'm glad the first race is over and under the belt. :)

First race found me in 3rd at T1 as everyone went wide (so to speak) but I knew the faster guys would start coming through. My setup wasn't as good as I had a week agao. (I tweaked and went too far but forgot to save the better one!)
As the race went on the back became looser went I pushed it so was happy to finish and not drop off the track of take others out.

Race 2 was good with a few slow laps in the middle trying to get the pit crews orgainised. Add a notch on the rear wing and the car handled much better for the 2nd stint. I did come in a bit hot at T1 on the start and sorry to Foxman for the shunt. I think I may have scraped some red paint off Rift too! (Send the paint bill to Gordon - he's team leader :larf: ) Sorry.

Well done Kyle on the win.

@ Yoda: All I can say is keep with it. I was in your position 12 months ago and I know what it feels like! My attitude then was to have fun and be competitive, regardless of finishing position. It still is now and will be. Help is here when asked.

Roll on round 2!

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed May 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Mixed night for me -_-

Race 1 started with me making a complete ass of myself at T1. Went to deep and leaned on Gav and run him wide and onto the sand >_< Sorry man, pure dumbass on my part. Waited and got back on track in front of Scrunty who I assume was given a right old shunt at T1?

From there I pushed hard to get back up into 9th. Not a good start to the league for myself.

Race 2 was a lot better.

Spent the first stint with MMJ keeping me honest, just .400 between us for 90% of the first stint. MMJ made a great pass into T1 and pulled a .600 gap and had enough pace to keep it. We both pitted at the same time, but some how I was able to gain position on him in the pits.
Must be the redbull I feed the crew ;p

From there we resumed the battle for a few laps till MMJ had to serve a penalty. Real shame as it was going to be fun to the end :D

lukey73

Post by lukey73 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Well not a bad started to the season for me.

Race 1: Was surprised to start so far up the grid, got a good start and I think having switched to the G27 has helped due to having a clutch. Made a few spots at T1 ( thanks Rifty :larf: ) and managed to stay p6. Had a few Love taps from hugh near the end but still managed to stay ahead till the end of the race. Was good dicing with Hugh and BK, I simply dont have a setup that I can drive as fast as the guys at the front.

Race 2: Got a good start but got squeezed at T1 by Gazza and BK i think ( 2 green falcons anyway ) managed to stay around p10 still the pitstops started and dropped back to p12. Started to catch Bryce with about 7 mins to go but just didnt have the pace to get on his rear bumper.

Overall good night and bring on next race.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Thu May 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Riftcreator wrote:Points are up.

Results may change once the protests are reviewed.