Stockcar Heat

Moved to http://www.nzstockcarheat.co.nz/
nolly

Stockcar Heat

Post by nolly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:46 pm

Whats happening with Stockcar Heat now??
I see the forum and the 24/7 server has been taken down?? :(
"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:44 pm

Long story short - the mod is going nowhere until the physics are fixed - the physics can't be fixed till Dirt sanctions it.

So no MOD - no need for a league - no league no need for a forum. The server and forum are run by senior members in the community and they don't want their names associated with people who can't spell, talk and act like little kids and worst of all cheat. Inspire Net put the 24/7 server in place based upon their good will and trust of the senior members of the gaming community. It is up to us to see that the server is admined in a responsible manner so that members of the public can play on their server.

We can no longer fulfil our side of the agreement based upon the actions of members of the stockcar community and until this can be resolved we do not wish to put our names behind it and do not wish Inspire reputation to be harmed by it either.

The more mature members of the stockcar community have moved to SimCentral and will continue to support the Stockcar Heat MOD when it's issues are resolved, hence why this sub forum has been created, and they are becoming involved in other games as well. Other members of the Stockcar community are welcome to come here but understand this.....

We are a Simulation community, we do not race with keyboards or controllers, and we do not race in an external view (bonnet view is acceptable) and we are here to have fun and play games together, help each other and be a community. Absolutely no shit will be put up with, especially in this forum and on Ventrilo. FULL STOP.
Inspector

---

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:57 pm

Inspector wrote:We are a Simulation community, we do not race with keyboards or controllers, and we do not race in an external view (bonnet view is acceptable) and we are here to have fun and play games together, help each other and be a community.
Does that mean I have to get inside the car and use my wheel if I want to race stocks and use the SimCentral boards? O_o
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:01 pm

When we do run a league from within the SimCentral forum there is a pretty good chance the server will be locked to in car view. You might as well start practicing now.....
Inspector

---

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:05 pm

Inspector wrote:When we do run a league from within the SimCentral forum there is a pretty good chance the server will be locked to in car view. You might as well start practicing now.....
I dont want this to become that war about in-car/out-car like we had on the last two boards but I remember alot of people saying "it's personal choice". So why force some who have raced outside the car for the whole time they've played the game and give them a slight disadvantage of having to re-learn how to drive them like they had previously and let those who currently race in-car have a advantage for a while? :ffs:

supastocknut

Post by supastocknut » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:12 pm

aaza when i race a stockie i use the outside veiw!! but if it means getting rid of all the idiots im all for it!! yes i will find it hard to get used to but im up for it.

so if you don't want to race this way go race somewhere else!!

i have always felt it should be adsl connections only as for the wheel thing well if you are looking for true simulation then that is what you should have.

like i said i find it hard to race incar as a big part of driving is feeling the car and on a computer it is all visual, but if i want to race here then i run under their rules, simple

nutter
someone stole my superstock!!! i woke up and it was gone!!!

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:20 pm

People within this forum are attemping the play their games, and in particular driving games, as near as they can get them to simulating the real thing. So we consider the in car view to be as close to simulating the real thing that this game allows so this will be how our league will be run. We are not try to disadvantage anyone, in fact we are trying to make the playing feild more even across the board. For those who struggle to do this you will obviously need to get in some practice, just like GTR and Nascar and for those who don't want to or can't drive in car, I imagine Painkiller and others who run open leagues and servers will welcome you to play with them.

Your are dead right Nut, and it is an attitude like yours and the other guys that have come here we are after. This is a Sim community, I and others struggle to play games like GTR with aids turned off or down to low, we either practice and practice till we can do it or we don't play at all. When you do suceed you will be better for it.

I think you have some great skills Aaza, and for a young person you have shown great potential and maturity that others much older in the Stockcar community have not. Do not give up and take the easy way out. Get some practice in, ask for help and keep trying, you will not regret it.
Inspector

---

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:46 pm

Inspector wrote:I think you have some great skills Aaza, and for a young person you have shown great potential and maturity that others much older in the Stockcar community have not.
Thank you Inspector! ;)

Ron - I know you have done lot for the community (and hopefully can continue) but why do you have an attitude like that? All you said in that post was along the lines of "If you don't want to race in-car, get f***ed!" :rolleyes:

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:52 pm

Agree entirely with everything Ron and Inspector have said. My hope that we can get a core group of racers together who share the same vision and values and have some fun SIMULATING a form of motorsport we all obviously love.

I started playing racing sims when Nascar 1 was released and I have always plyed everything from incar using a wheel and pedals (infact my first wheel was a Thrustmaster T1 and cost me $500 in 1995). I know to some it may seem a big leep to go to incar views when u have been used to something else but please give it a go and I mean a really good try to get on top of it. YOU WILL GET USED TO IT and once you do racing sims will take on whole new lease of life for you. It is true that in real life you rely on certain cues to control the car and that you don't necesarily feel those through a monitor but you will find that after a time and I'm sure Ron and Inspector will back me up on this....those missing cues just seem to be there and you will start to feel what the car is doing instictively. As for the DSL thing.......I think you are right Nutty, ADSL is a must. My suspicion is that if everyone is on a strong connection with the slower physics it may be possible to run the Kiwi Tracks ;)

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:13 pm

Seems I have missed a few things who tried to start leagues and was pinching stuff of rons site?
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:07 pm

lol
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

12m Kinghit

Post by 12m Kinghit » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:17 pm

This is all rather interesting and it seems to me some people just cant see past what they want for themselves I can agree with some things posted on this forum but as far as Dirts work with the physics being changed before the server and the forum get returned in my eyes is nothing short of blackmail and I know Dirt wont like being put in this situation and there is the danger he will still not allow his work to be modified and that may well be the end of Stockcar Heat online racing and I for one will back Dirt 100% with what he decides.
I consider Dirt a good mate and I know how much work Dirt has put into making this mod and believe me there was a hell of a lot of hours and the last thing he probably wants is people to change all his hard work, he created the mod the way he intended it to be made so it could be enjoyed by everyone.
As for cheating and so called new physics to stop cheating I have been quiet about this topic and was going to sit back and see what happened but now the server and forum have been removed so a select few can get their way I feel its a good time to voice my opinions.
As for the cheating yeah that sucks and it certainly did ruin the game for everyone and I was horrified that so many people were cheating but changing the physics to stop cheating is a bad idea and this make no sense to me whatso ever if anything it will be easier for idiots to cheat everyone has the current 'chassis' and im sure there will be people who will race with these if new 'chassis' are introduced it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out all you need to do is regear it to match any speeds new chassis will be doing.
So why the need for new physics? beats me just seems some people want to change things the way they want them and control more than they need to.
But at the end of the day like I said I consider Dirt a friend and I will back him 100% on any decission he makes and whatever direction he sees fit for the future of his Mod wether I like it or not it isnt my choice but his alone guess the only difference is im not one of the few trying to make it for him.

Cheers Kingy

Ps this is my opinions and I expect people to respect them without having to reply to them with garbage.

12m Kinghit

Post by 12m Kinghit » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:45 pm

I have just been filled into why the forum and Rons site was removed and I must apologise to Ron I didnt understand the full story but my opinion on the physics still stands.
I wish Ron all the best with resolving the issues with his site as what has happened to him was below the belt.

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:40 pm

Good on ya Kingy I've always found you to be level headed and I certainly can respect your opinion.

Theres nothing stopping anyone organising a league for Stockcar heat if they want to. I think I am now able to say that niether myself or Red are interested in running a league the same as we had before. The reasons are simple...it takes a hell of a lot of time and to tell you the truth with the way the last one went it just wasn't worth it. In the last league I was admin for Teams and standard stocks. This took up a lot of time every week and in the end I was having to take time away from work and all I seemed to be getting for my trouble was bitched at by a certain group of people that in some instances degenerated into personal abuse..........My decision has nothing to do with wanting to push my own barrow or the need to take the game in my own direction. I hope you can understand that. But if other ppl want to step up to the plate and start something again.I wish them luck.

As to the physics thing and the blow up that happened when we started looking at doing something different, well that was my fault really, I should have been the one to talk to Dirt about it. I got some betta physics going that a couple of ppl tested in secret which unfortunately was made public before I could talk to Dirt (which I fully intended to do as soon as I saw him on msn) . I apologised to Dirt as soon as it became apparent that he'd found out. It was my fault and I accepted responsibility then as I do now.

Last time I spoke to Dirt about possible new physics he seemed quite supportive and I even sent him through an early build to look at. I haven't heard from him since then although he did say he was moving and wasn't sure when he would be back online (or maybe he is just lying low.....and how could you blame him lol)

Personally and this is just an opinion and please don't take this as a decleration of intent or anything like that. I would love to do some racing with the physics set I have developed. Not only to stop the cheating cause I prob wouldn't be keen in running in an open league like last time anyway, but just because I find them to be better and more realistic. Lap times are nearly spot on rel life the cars are harder to drive but like someone with real life expereince told me after a quick blat in one of the modded cars "I find myself doing the same things I would do im my real car when i drive this" that to me says it all. I am a realism junkie when it comes to these sorts of things and this is exactly what I set out to achieve when James and I were workin on this mod 2 years ago. Plus the tactically element that the damage element brings to the game is way cool (especially when you take Reds wheel off in the first corner of a race)

Sorry about the rant..............I just wanted to get my side across once and for all