Teams League Next Year Ideas/suggestions/discussion

Moved to http://www.nzstockcarheat.co.nz/
Heatadmin

Teams League Next Year Ideas/suggestions/discussion

Post by Heatadmin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:54 pm

The Heatadmin team have over the past while discussed that the teams rules and penalties need to be revised for the new round in the new year.

This is where you the community can have your say on what you think will enhance the teams racing, format, rules and penalties, points etc

Thanks Heatadmin

note. all rubbish posts or banter will be removed
- Heatadmin

uturn

Re: Teams League Next Year Ideas/suggestions/discussion

Post by uturn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:05 pm

It would be good if teams were held on a night where the servers could be reserved for heat teams racing only. The last teams round was, at times, a waste of time with server lag and people being kicked or dropped in the middle of a heat.

uy >_<

ford ill do

Post by ford ill do » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:21 am

}8D only my veiw but if a team has connection issues,said team should be dropped from the nights raceing to save the hassle of protests,also is it possible to have a defended hearing on protest issues }8D

Zeduck

Post by Zeduck » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:54 am

ford ill do wrote:also is it possible to have a defended hearing on protest issues }8D
A "defended hearing" would extend making a decision on protests much longer, plus what you see is what you get for racing indiscretions, if you break a rule you break a rule - my opinion anyway

I would like to see a complete overhaul of the penalty system, so a driver doesn't get banned from both leagues just because they broke 3 rules in a single night. (a must)

And maybe a reintroduction of putting up 50 points per protest

Also improved servers for the racing would be good
Zeduck - 34B Hawkeyes

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:15 am

i think the ponitts system is ok but i would like to see the next round as first across the line . for qualifying and the finals.. :D
2011 KSS Teams League 114a Team Green
2011 KSS Individual League 4a Custom

brad816

Post by brad816 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:11 am

a different track again meeanee _b and only 10 teams instead of having some teams with only 3 drivers on the night
1st Ultimate teams champs 2011
2nd Legends event wanganui 2011,Indi league 2011
3rd South KSS Champs 2010
4th World 240s 2010,Legends Event Stratford 2010,Indi league 2010, South Island KSS champs 2011

Mini41a

Post by Mini41a » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:24 am

I agree with the 50points a protest saves bluehats alot of time because captains will really have to look at what they are protesting hence less protests in the end of the night (IMO). Also hopfully points will get up alot quicker and save admin team some stress due to it.
Image removed by admin - see Forum Signature Rules

J.R 420p

Post by J.R 420p » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:32 am

maybe have bluehats watching the races so that minor rule breaking can be delt with there and then they won't see every little indescretion but what they do see might be resolved before the two teams finish racing that would save alot of time with protests.

also the rule where if you get pushed onto the grass that you MUST come ack on the track behind the car that pushed you on there needs to go as I never seen a single team follow that rule last round.

kieren

Post by kieren » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:38 am

need a diff track. that track last round isnt a teams track
55crew
43c streetstock driver
47c indi league
*Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing*

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:58 am

kieren wrote:need a diff track. that track last round isnt a teams track
Waikaraka??? they have teams nationals there every year.
"Now its personal"

Crazy_asian

Post by Crazy_asian » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:00 am

Snake wrote:
kieren wrote:need a diff track. that track last round isnt a teams track
Waikaraka??? they have teams nationals there every year.
I liked Waikaraka! I didn't get dogged....as much.
JR420p wrote:also the rule where if you get pushed onto the grass that you MUST come back on the track behind the car that pushed you on there needs to go as I never seen a single team follow that rule last round.
I think people didn't follow that rule because the way the grass is it takes too long to turn around etc. I agree that it should go.
Individual League 14P
Teams League 8a
2010 Teams League Season 2 Champs Stratford Scrappers
2011 Farmer Jones Teams Champs Winners Stratford Scrappers
4a 1073p 6a Aaza 7a Stumpy 8a Crazy_asian 9a Hotwheels

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:48 am

Crazy_asian wrote:
JR420p wrote:also the rule where if you get pushed onto the grass that you MUST come back on the track behind the car that pushed you on there needs to go as I never seen a single team follow that rule last round.
I think people didn't follow that rule because the way the grass is it takes too long to turn around etc. I agree that it should go.
I did not see that as to much of a problem really. It is more a new driver education problem more then the older ones. The only time thats a problem is if the car putting them on the grass stops in front of them to carry on blocking them but the car blocking can not block them on the grass and if the car on the grass returns forward of the block car then thats an advantage for the car that was put on the infield and possibly a grass cut to pass.

ministock6n

Post by ministock6n » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:48 am

I would like to see a complete overhaul of the penalty system, so a driver doesn't get banned from both leagues just because they broke 3 rules in a single night. (a must)[/b]

i think that is fine with them being banned for the two weeks. what ever the disition of the blue hats make as they did do somthing wrong and if there prepared to break 3 rules in a night in indy or teams they need to be prepared to be banned from both events or all events in them two weeks

ministock 6n
ministock6n

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:55 am

I'd like to see no replacement drivers to be used. In the past replacement drivers have been used but everyone knows in the team what dates they are running if they can not commit then should not be in that team for that round.
But in saying that if you have a act of god situation like a power cut that throws a few out from a team which is totally out of control of the racers hands then the race could be rescedualed or replacements filled in there at the discression of the affected captains and league directors...

ministock6n

Post by ministock6n » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:57 am

Ratman wrote:I'd like to see no replacement drivers to be used. In the past replacement drivers have been used but everyone knows in the team what dates they are running if they can not commit then should not be in that team for that round.
But in saying that if you have a act of god situation like a power cut that throws a few out from a team which is totally out of control of the racers hands then the race could be rescedualed or replacements filled in there at the discression of the affected captains and league directors...

or teams have a 6th driver and that 6th driver can only race for that team becouse i no a few that cant do teams every week may be keen
ministock6n

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:58 am

ministock6n wrote:
I would like to see a complete overhaul of the penalty system, so a driver doesn't get banned from both leagues just because they broke 3 rules in a single night. (a must)[/b]

i think that is fine with them being banned for the two weeks. what ever the disition of the blue hats make as they did do somthing wrong and if there prepared to break 3 rules in a night in indy or teams they need to be prepared to be banned from both events or all events in them two weeks

ministock 6n
The penality system that has been written in the rules now for so long and usually totally overlooked does need a revamp and has been and is in discussion within the heatadmin to try to make a fair penalty system.

ministock6n

Post by ministock6n » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Ratman wrote:
ministock6n wrote:

ministock 6n
The penality system that has been written in the rules now for so long and usually totally overlooked does need a revamp and has been and is in discussion within the heatadmin to try to make a fair penalty system.
oh right i see what you mean
ministock6n

pink64c

Post by pink64c » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:15 pm

can you disable the leader board and the postion header thing ?would be good if that was not there so people would actully have to read the race instead of using page up or down or looking at the board
3rd New Zealand superstock champs 2010
1st North Island Superstock champs 2010
1st Auckland Superstock champs 2010
2nd Sint maartan Superstock stomp2010
3rd xmas Superstock bash 2009

wanttobe

Post by wanttobe » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:17 pm

pink64c wrote:can you disable the leader board and the postion header thing ?would be good if that was not there so people would actully have to read the race instead of using page up or down or looking at the board
I dont know if that could be done but i like it _b

ministock6n

Post by ministock6n » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:28 pm

that would be good but maybe to hard for the admins and i dont think it an easy thing to do
ministock6n

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:17 pm

thats a gd call pink id be up for that for sure.. _b _b
2011 KSS Teams League 114a Team Green
2011 KSS Individual League 4a Custom

Connor

Post by Connor » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:12 pm

I think we should move back to Palmy for teams. Most people would agree that this is the best track for teams and Palmy is where Superstock teams is held each year.

Cheers :D
Liam is a dud

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:32 pm

pink64c wrote:can you disable the leader board and the postion header thing ?would be good if that was not there so people would actully have to read the race instead of using page up or down or looking at the board
The leader board can't be disabled but parts of it may be able to be 'hidden'. But even so, people could easily replace files from the current MOD and quickly get the leader board back.

As far as I'm aware, Page Up & Page Down are hardcoded into the game itself (you can't change the keys) and cannot be removed.

Those with rFactor will know the same things are in place. A track map with positions at the bottom, a leader board to the bottom right and the ability to scroll through cars.
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:10 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:
The leader board can't be disabled but parts of it may be able to be 'hidden'. But even so, people could easily replace files from the current MOD and quickly get the leader board back.

As far as I'm aware, Page Up & Page Down are hardcoded into the game itself (you can't change the keys) and cannot be removed.

Those with rFactor will know the same things are in place. A track map with positions at the bottom, a leader board to the bottom right and the ability to scroll through cars.
yip pretty sure your 100% correct there aaza... that stuff is hard coded within the game engine

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 am

i think there should be a teams round at palmy an auckland like Snz _b
KSR-scooter kiwisuperstocks
Palmerston Panthers 5p heat