help with controller setup

Moved to http://www.nzstockcarheat.co.nz/
9saldana

help with controller setup

Post by 9saldana » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:22 pm

hey guys just need some advice. just been given a logitec dual action controller and am having trouble getting to grips with it have downloaded uys setups but am still slower than wat i am on keys eg palmy on keys 17.5 but with controller 17.9. maybe i just need some time to adjust
any help
cheers 9saldana
Stratford Scrappers 37s
52a indy league
2nd 2010 SCH East Coast Champs

lil-Casper

Re: help with controller setup

Post by lil-Casper » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:04 pm

only thing i can think of is have a play around with the set ups so that they feel better for you
YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD GHOST

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:26 pm

I run the same Controller, It has helped heaps and only took me a week to jump below the 17.4 mark on palmy. I run a 2 Gear Maunel Set up and i half turn around the corner's like just hold it there instead of turning left and right round corner if you know what i mean, The thing i learnt is Key setup's don't quite work with controllers. First i was gutted with a new controller and now i will never go back. Good Luck on Improving 9salanda.

Churr R_Hart
http://www.kiwicaptureit.co.nz
Never pick an argument with cf, its like picking an argument with a chick

ksr_SPEED

Post by ksr_SPEED » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:13 pm

do you guys race a ps2 controller because if you do saldana i might chuck you my set if you want???

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:23 pm

ksr_SPEED wrote:do you guys race a ps2 controller because if you do saldana i might chuck you my set if you want???
9saldana wrote: just been given a logitec dual action controller 9saldana
???

9saldana

Post by 9saldana » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:19 pm

sweet speed that mite help but i have started to get faster now thanx to racing harts advice
Stratford Scrappers 37s
52a indy league

MiniStock_55n

Post by MiniStock_55n » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Racing_Hart wrote:
ksr_SPEED wrote:do you guys race a ps2 controller because if you do saldana i might chuck you my set if you want???
9saldana wrote: just been given a logitec dual action controller 9saldana
???

Some just do not no how or learn to read other post do they??

Any way you wont always be as fast as you were when you change different things i.e controller i know i was getting ready to go back to keys when i 1st went to a controller like most people do but its just practice and youll be faster in no time at all..
Just have a play with setups and that kinder thing eh?
No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge

Ministock 55n Purple People Eater Jr

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:59 am

9saldana wrote:sweet speed that mite help but i have started to get faster now thanx to racing harts advice
Np mate, If you get to fast you can push me around the track _b ;)

9saldana

Post by 9saldana » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:11 pm

still not that fast on doing 17.5 only palmy put will keep practising. also wat is the optimum wheel lock 4 controllers and wat brake and throttle speed is best
Stratford Scrappers 37s
52a indy league

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 pm

9saldana wrote:still not that fast on doing 17.5 only palmy put will keep practising. also wat is the optimum wheel lock 4 controllers and wat brake and throttle speed is best
i use 18 wheel lock but thats just me, um i use half throttle and half brake i think lol not on that pc so don't no 100% , ask uturn he knows everything.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:46 pm

My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

uturn

Post by uturn » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:21 pm

use whatever lock you feel comfortable with. It really depends on how sensitive your controller is. I find with 30% I can control the direction the wheels are pointing quite well (until I break one[ usually lap 2])... If I drop to 20% or jump to 35% I have to work too hard :crazy:

The biggest difference between a controller or wheel and keys is you now have full control over the throttle, instead of letting the game decide when you get power, you do. So be gentle with it. Get used to driving 1/4 to 1/2 throttle round the entire track and notice how much more grip you have at lower revs. Grip = speed. Then notice how you can turn much better when you don't have the back wheels burning out... 80-90% of steering the car is through throttle control... not the steering wheel. Finally, not many people can jump from one type of controller to another... eg wheel to keys or keys to controller... it takes time and practise. Keep going, you will make it _b _b _b

MiniStock_55n

Post by MiniStock_55n » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Last edited by MiniStock_55n on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge

MiniStock_55n

Post by MiniStock_55n » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Hey a bit Off Topic but whats the best camber rate??

Sorry about the double post the computers being weird at the moment?

9saldana

Post by 9saldana » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:37 pm

thanx 4 advice uturn will try it out
Stratford Scrappers 37s
52a indy league

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:51 pm

although I barely play anymore I have done exactly this when I played (going from keys to controller), it took me about 2 weeks to get sussed with the workings of it and barely changed my setup (which is round here somewhere). As some have said you have quite a bit more control with the controller. Everyone is different in their preferences etc wheel lock brake bias and such things are more what feels right to you. So just have a play around with the wheel lock and other settings etc to find what suits, it shouldn't take too long to find the areas of the settings that 'feel' right to you. :)

Mini41a

Post by Mini41a » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:09 pm

I have My wheel lock on 9 or 10% i personaly like the challenge and i feel it makes traffic alot eaiser to dodge.
Everyone looks at it diffrent though

Oh and i feel if i raise my wheel lock any higher then 12 when i press the right directional key the car will take a mean dive to the wall. i use ps2 BTW.

:D 1nz
Image removed by admin - see Forum Signature Rules

Tyrone

Post by Tyrone » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Mini41a wrote:I have My wheel lock on 9 or 10% i personaly like the challenge and i feel it makes traffic alot eaiser to dodge.
Everyone looks at it diffrent though

Oh and i feel if i raise my wheel lock any higher then 12 when i press the right directional key the car will take a mean dive to the wall. i use ps2 BTW.

:D 1nz
yeah allday dox.

lil-Casper

Post by lil-Casper » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Aaron wrote:although I barely play anymore I have done exactly this when I played (going from keys to controller), it took me about 2 weeks to get sussed with the workings of it and barely changed my setup (which is round here somewhere). As some have said you have quite a bit more control with the controller. Everyone is different in their preferences etc wheel lock brake bias and such things are more what feels right to you. So just have a play around with the wheel lock and other settings etc to find what suits, it shouldn't take too long to find the areas of the settings that 'feel' right to you. :)
didnt you use the controller diffrent to normal people aaron?

like both anolog sticks or something?

MiniStock_55n

Post by MiniStock_55n » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:45 pm

lil-Casper wrote:
Aaron wrote:although I barely play anymore I have done exactly this when I played (going from keys to controller), it took me about 2 weeks to get sussed with the workings of it and barely changed my setup (which is round here somewhere). As some have said you have quite a bit more control with the controller. Everyone is different in their preferences etc wheel lock brake bias and such things are more what feels right to you. So just have a play around with the wheel lock and other settings etc to find what suits, it shouldn't take too long to find the areas of the settings that 'feel' right to you. :)

I dont know about Aaron but thats how i do it and you get better throttle control with doing it that way then say with the triggers or buttons _b _b ;) ;)

BOPPA818

Post by BOPPA818 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:44 am

speed is not everything as you still gota go around certain people ;p

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:13 am

Yeah all my speed mean's nothing when i come round and see Boppa is on the blocking mode.
_b _b

You need some skill to :)

lil-Casper

Post by lil-Casper » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 pm

BOPPA818 wrote:speed is not everything as you still gota go around certain people ;p
you got the speed isnt everything right.

just look at the sparky and lil-casper vs the nanna and boppa invitational :P

what was it 3 nill bops? haha

that was a good day

ministock6n

Post by ministock6n » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:40 pm

lil-Casper wrote:

i use both analog sticks since if you are using say the x button for your throdle you stil have no control over it.
another thing is the less steering you do the better aswell but that all depends on how you like your steering lock
ministock6n

RC

Post by RC » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:35 pm

i use x as throttle it works fine