help building a car in auckland

Moved to http://www.nzstockcarheat.co.nz/
swing

help building a car in auckland

Post by swing » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:22 pm

HI guys/girls
i am looking at building a stockcar to race in auckland but i dont have a shed or some of the tools to do it and i need some help doing it. and would be looking for crew once the car is done. just pm me thanks heapz swing.
.P.S snake do you know anyone?

pink64c

Re: help building a car in auckland

Post by pink64c » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:43 pm

ya be much more better off getting all the tools and a garage of your own first then think about building or buying one at least you will have your own set up and will be able to maintain it and not rely on others _b
3rd New Zealand superstock champs 2010
1st North Island Superstock champs 2010
1st Auckland Superstock champs 2010
2nd Sint maartan Superstock stomp2010
3rd xmas Superstock bash 2009

Murdock

Post by Murdock » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:12 pm

pink64c wrote:ya be much more better off getting all the tools and a garage of your own first then think about building or buying one at least you will have your own set up and will be able to maintain it and not rely on others _b
and maybe if you build one get some kind of sponser i.e some kind of engineering place.to sponser you some steel but if i was you i would get a new one _b _b
Osama Bin laden world hide and seek champion 99-2011

.....⌐¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¬.....
._//__R3223R__\\_.
/O¤O\ ______ /O¤O\
\¯¯¯¯| RB..RB |¯¯¯¯/
/_/OO\______/OO\_\

evil89

Post by evil89 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 pm

usually best to buy a reasonably good car and learn from it,then maybe look at building one.
theres alot of work involved in building one and if you get it wrong you will have a heap of trouble
with handling etc.but if you kno wot you doin its all good.iI've just cut the front off mine to change and lighten it a little and its no easy task.
glen eagles driver 74c

tuf_tef_jnr

Post by tuf_tef_jnr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:56 am

evil89 wrote:usually best to buy a reasonably good car and learn from it,then maybe look at building one.
theres alot of work involved in building one and if you get it wrong you will have a heap of trouble
with handling etc.but if you kno wot you doin its all good.iI've just cut the front off mine to change and lighten it a little and its no easy task.
I agree Evil, Iam in my first season and already racing is expensive and to build a car from scratch would be way way way over my budget, what if you build the car say over 10 months spend all that time and all that money on it, have one race in it and decide that stockcars arnt for you?!

I have started with my dad's old flatty and its something for me to learn in ive spent $2000 on it not to mention repairs and racing costs each week, I was lucky the car was there for me to race basically had to update it a little and build a new roof plate along with new bits and pieces for the car.

Agree with evil mate would be better off just buying a car or finding one to lease and go from there have a season to learn about it and go from there
Stratford Scrappers Team member 31s
22r Indi League
Stratford Scrappers (C)

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:01 am

Believe me, it is worth buying first off, than building. Im building at the moment, and mine came as a rolling chassis. Talk bout alot of work!
NZ STOCKCAR MODELS
"Closed mouths gather no feet"

evil89

Post by evil89 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 pm

also are you on macgors under a different name as someone is asking the same questions on there also.
If you lived down this way we may have been able to help out with a loan car, possibly one of mine even, cos if i cant get the super goin im gonna pull it down and turn it into a stockcar and hope to contract both cars out of wanganui next season. The spacey will be teams raced and the flatty will be used for championships etc so would of been spare at times for someone to pilot as i can only drive one car at a time lol........... :smokin:
glen eagles driver 74c