deleting posts

Moved to http://www.nzstockcarheat.co.nz/
ministock8n

deleting posts

Post by ministock8n » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:31 am

could i please be sent a pm by the admin or admins that have deleted afew of my posts and tell me what rules i have broken in the post or what i have done to get them deleted as it seems to be a comen thing and i want to no how i can avoid it.
cheers
Ministock8n

Cricketfan

Re: deleting posts

Post by Cricketfan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 am

They need to be positive - I think that may be where you are going wrong.

CF

Heatadmin

Post by Heatadmin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Bull wrote: However, unfortunately it looks like the Heatadmin team isn't interested in what the community thinks any more, and anything constructive, whether PM'd to them or posted on the forum, simply gets ignored. I'm still waiting to hear back from my PM's to the Heatadmin team, or even recieve a "warning" from them for posting on this forum.
We arnt interested in you bull & others who have nothing to do with heat anymore but just post to stir things up.
Its quite easy GO AWAY :buttkick:
- Heatadmin

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:09 pm

But I WANT to have something to do with Heat still - I thought I had made that clear.

The last 4-6 weeks I have been racing, when Ive had time, to the rules, and picking up many wins and top 3 positions. I have been following the rules and yet I still get admin and PW drives teaming up on me, then accusing me of the exact same thing when they fail to block me. :larf: Or even when I've had enough and decide to block - legally, for a race or so, and get my name taken through the mud, and painted up like a villian.

I thought my Application to join the Heat admin team would have been a pretty clear indicator that I want to help see out the end of Heat, as its the game I started with here, and I personally want to end it on a high note after I pretty much had an ultimatum which forced me to hang up my helmet early.

I try to keep my posts positive and constructive. I try to keep my attitude positive on the server and respect other drivers but it gets increasingly harder to do so when the very team running the server has no respect for me and others who have been around before they even knew about Heat. The funny thing about all this is that you think you are doing the community the better thing, but when it comes down to it the current team drove the game into the state it is currently in. Skin Packs don't keep the game running - support and a community keeps it going.

At the end of the day though, if you choose to keep some of the longtime, committed campaigners away from the game for your newer sheep, then I guess thats the path you choose to take. At the end of the day you only have something like 5 months remaining, and when, if, you make the move to rFactor, I hope like hell for you're sake you all have a massive attitude adjustment cause you will not make it far at all. Its quite funny when 16 year old teenagers on rFactor act more mature then the older generation of people that is left here on Heat.

I expect this post will get deleted fairly soon, but no doubt will be put in the Heatadmin forum for you admin's to read. I hope you do read it and have a good think about what is being said here. I am not the only one who sees it this way - a lot of people were more or less driven away from Heat to rFactor nowadays and just completely disregard the Heat forum. Maybe I should too, but in reality I want to be a part of this community one last time before it is gone for good.

uturn

Post by uturn » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Interesting that you refer to "newer sheep" bull. Does this imply that you consider yourself to be an older sheep or... perhaps mutton? Are you experiencing a mild case of multiple personality disorder or just hungry like me?

:clown:

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Bull wrote:But I WANT to have something to do with Heat still - I thought I had made that clear.

The last 4-6 weeks I have been racing, when Ive had time, to the rules, and picking up many wins and top 3 positions. I have been following the rules and yet I still get admin and PW drives teaming up on me, then accusing me of the exact same thing when they fail to block me. :larf: Or even when I've had enough and decide to block - legally, for a race or so, and get my name taken through the mud, and painted up like a villian.

I thought my Application to join the Heat admin team would have been a pretty clear indicator that I want to help see out the end of Heat, as its the game I started with here, and I personally want to end it on a high note after I pretty much had an ultimatum which forced me to hang up my helmet early.

I try to keep my posts positive and constructive. I try to keep my attitude positive on the server and respect other drivers but it gets increasingly harder to do so when the very team running the server has no respect for me and others who have been around before they even knew about Heat. The funny thing about all this is that you think you are doing the community the better thing, but when it comes down to it the current team drove the game into the state it is currently in. Skin Packs don't keep the game running - support and a community keeps it going.

At the end of the day though, if you choose to keep some of the longtime, committed campaigners away from the game for your newer sheep, then I guess thats the path you choose to take. At the end of the day you only have something like 5 months remaining, and when, if, you make the move to rFactor, I hope like hell for you're sake you all have a massive attitude adjustment cause you will not make it far at all. Its quite funny when 16 year old teenagers on rFactor act more mature then the older generation of people that is left here on Heat.

I expect this post will get deleted fairly soon, but no doubt will be put in the Heatadmin forum for you admin's to read. I hope you do read it and have a good think about what is being said here. I am not the only one who sees it this way - a lot of people were more or less driven away from Heat to rFactor nowadays and just completely disregard the Heat forum. Maybe I should too, but in reality I want to be a part of this community one last time before it is gone for good.
Well said bull, It's good to see that you have changed into a better person. _b
http://www.kiwicaptureit.co.nz
Never pick an argument with cf, its like picking an argument with a chick

Rocketship

Post by Rocketship » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Bull wrote:The last 4-6 weeks I have been racing, when Ive had time, to the rules, and picking up many wins and top 3 positions.
I too have been poping on from time to time having a bit of a run on heat..thought i should see what it was like on the server before it's time was up, and to be honest, the racing there is pretty good (from what ive seen). Also picking up a few wins here and there _b
Bull wrote:Its quite funny when 16 year old teenagers on rFactor act more mature then the older generation of people that is left here on Heat.
:D ha.

Bull wrote:At the end of the day though, if you choose to keep some of the longtime, committed campaigners away from the game for your newer sheep
:larf: admin that havent even posted on the forum..haha

Sorry just found it funny.

Come to think of it, i dont realy know why i posted here..LOL.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:47 pm

uturn wrote:Interesting that you refer to "newer sheep" bull. Does this imply that you consider yourself to be an older sheep or... perhaps mutton? Are you experiencing a mild case of multiple personality disorder or just hungry like me?

Good to see that sense of humour again uye! Should see more of those kind of posts on this forum. Makes reading enjoyable.

This is one of those one off cases where I actually agree with quite a bit of what Bull has said. Quite a few people's posts that have been deleted on a common basis on the heat forum are posted by people who have more experience in running leagues, events and running a community than the current heat admin team. So when these people (Cricketfan, Aaza, Bull, myself to name a few) say something is a problem, and we are all saying it. Then there is most likely a problem. Saying we don't know what we are talking about and that we should bugger off to rfactor isn't a suitable solution. We don't post to "cause a stir" as some of you may think. It's because pm's are ignored the only way we can attempt to get a point across is to post into the public forum. As I said some people say we do that to "cause a stir". Sit back for a moment. Why would we waste our limited time (Not speaking of Bull he's a bum) writing up a post that will be deleted within a few minutes? For laughs? I don't think so. It is because we care for heat as Bull clearly outlined.

No one wishes heat itself to fade away, it's a great game. But this package deal that comes with heat these days. Not many want that unfortunately.
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Heatadmin

Post by Heatadmin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:05 am

Harding Jr wrote:
uturn wrote:Interesting that you refer to "newer sheep" bull. Does this imply that you consider yourself to be an older sheep or... perhaps mutton? Are you experiencing a mild case of multiple personality disorder or just hungry like me?

Good to see that sense of humour again uye! Should see more of those kind of posts on this forum. Makes reading enjoyable.

This is one of those one off cases where I actually agree with quite a bit of what Bull has said. Quite a few people's posts that have been deleted on a common basis on the heat forum are posted by people who have more experience in running leagues, events and running a community than the current heat admin team. So when these people (Cricketfan, Aaza, Bull, myself to name a few) say something is a problem, and we are all saying it. Then there is most likely a problem. Saying we don't know what we are talking about and that we should bugger off to rfactor isn't a suitable solution. We don't post to "cause a stir" as some of you may think. It's because pm's are ignored the only way we can attempt to get a point across is to post into the public forum. As I said some people say we do that to "cause a stir". Sit back for a moment. Why would we waste our limited time (Not speaking of Bull he's a bum) writing up a post that will be deleted within a few minutes? For laughs? I don't think so. It is because we care for heat as Bull clearly outlined.

No one wishes heat itself to fade away, it's a great game. But this package deal that comes with heat these days. Not many want that unfortunately.
Any SH*^ stirring posts will be deleted harding and that happens here and on rfactor. If they were left on there would be a huge S*%$ fight so the best way to stop the fire is to put it out before it happens. I take it that you had read all the posts before they were deleted? I Guess not and i dont know why guys like you should even have a say to what happens to heat because your have nothing to do with it.
A lot of the posts that have been deleted are from the same group who just post to get a bite and nit pick about anything & 90% of the time its about themselfs.
Your right this is a public forum, but it needs to be controlled because of our Sponsors and any joe blog who pops in for a look.

PS. Skinstad, Ratman isnt doing these posts so butt out.
- Heatadmin

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:24 am

Your right, but when a valid point and a problem is outlined. That isn't shit stirring. It seems when reading a post the first thing admin look at is who wrote it. Not what the content is. Compared to the heat forum bugger all is deleted from the rfactor forum. In rfactor when someone think their is a problem they post up then an admin or senior member comes along and posts a reply as to why something has happened. Rather than deleting the posts hoping the problem will go away. The problem gets sorted then and there everyone is happy because they have had their say.

Examples:
Rfactor: Recently it was brought up about the Tigers receiving 0 points in the last round due to the Wildcats absence. Anyone who wanted a say on the matter had their say. The admin came along and said they are going to have a meeting about it and discuss what the best option will be and will let the community know as soon as they have came to a result. Everyone was quite happy with that. Problem solved.

Heat: Hawkeyes get dropped from the heat league with no explanation. Upon asking about this Cricketfan got told to go away, accept whats happened and stop causing shit by an admin. The post was locked then later deleted. Problem solved? Nope.

If the forum can be a place where opinion is not only aloud but encouraged (because there is quite a few people around here with a few bright idea's). Then it will only lead to a better place. People will feel more involved as they have contributed. It will start to be more of a community again.

I don't know why I bother. None of this is going to get through.
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Heatadmin

Post by Heatadmin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:34 am

Harding Jr wrote:
Heat: Hawkeyes get dropped from the heat league with no explanation. Upon asking about this Cricketfan got told to go away, accept whats happened and stop causing shit by an admin. The post was locked then later deleted. Problem solved? Nope..
And you know all the facts how again? How do you know that another member of that team wasnt told?
The reason the post got locked was the same person/s was posting the same post over & over again because he wasnt happy but that doesnt matter in your eyes does it harding, just as long as your friends get there way.
Anyway enough said on this topic everyone has had there say.
- Heatadmin

Heatadmin

Post by Heatadmin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:40 am

Heatadmin wrote:
Harding Jr wrote:
Heat: Hawkeyes get dropped from the heat league with no explanation. Upon asking about this Cricketfan got told to go away, accept whats happened and stop causing shit by an admin. The post was locked then later deleted. Problem solved? Nope..
And you know all the facts how again? How do you know that another member of that team wasnt told?
The reason the post got locked was the same person/s was posting the same post over & over again because he wasnt happy but that doesnt matter in your eyes does it harding, just as long as your friends get there way.
Cricketfan wrote:They need to be positive - I think that may be where you are going wrong.

CF
Cricketfan sumed it it _b even if they are disputing something. Just like the team thing you brought up in Rf
- Heatadmin

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Heatadmin wrote: but that doesnt matter in your eyes does it harding, just as long as your friends get there way.
Harding's a straight up person, He will even disagree with some things his friends say so to speak, so i believe that comment against him isn't correct.

Just My Opinion... ;)
http://www.kiwicaptureit.co.nz
Never pick an argument with cf, its like picking an argument with a chick

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Racing_Hart wrote:
Heatadmin wrote: but that doesnt matter in your eyes does it harding, just as long as your friends get there way.
Harding's a straight up person, He will even disagree with some things his friends say so to speak, so i believe that comment against him isn't correct.

Just My Opinion... ;)
He quite often disagrees with me as well. Although Im still not sure if Im one of his friends or not :larf:

BOPPA818

Post by BOPPA818 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:45 pm

all you guys need to give heat admin a break,it is not 1 person it is a group who decide all things.now some decisions you will not agree with i dont too but that is life and you dont see me posting having a :cry: ,you just have to accept it and move on as no amount of posting this and that will change it.i left admin as i was sick of the crap that comes with the job and just prefer to race but in saying that the group that the bosses(no not ratty) have got there are a top bunch and deserve the chance to run heat without all the negitivity that is about latly.

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:49 pm

So when our government makes decisions the country doesn't like we should just not say anything and let it be?

Is this a dictatorship Boppa, is that what you are trying to say?

ministock8n

Post by ministock8n » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:59 pm

Heatadmin wrote:
Heatadmin wrote:
Harding Jr wrote:
Cricketfan wrote:They need to be positive - I think that may be where you are going wrong.

CF
Cricketfan sumed it it _b even if they are disputing something. Just like the team thing you brought up in Rf
so how come when i posted asking about how come there is a panthers team now as the last years team got dropd my post got deleted but when somebody eles askd it didnt and the post is still there now? is my name or signature not positive or my avatar?

BOPPA818

Post by BOPPA818 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:03 pm

no what I am saying if you read my post is all of us will not agree to a decision that has been made,just like in sport a ref makes a call and sticks to it and any amount of moaning from players will not change it,we just have to accept it and move on,it will not change just because a minority dont agree.admin have a discussion,vote and go with the majority.
p.s mini8n,maybe they prefer you pm them instead,just gueesin tho.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Heatadmin wrote:And you know all the facts how again? How do you know that another member of that team wasnt told?
I was merely using it as an example. I thought it would be something that would be announced publicy as it was quite a huge decision made by Heatadmin that left many scratching their heads.
Heatadmin wrote:but that doesnt matter in your eyes does it harding, just as long as your friends get there way.
This is a prime example, you (whoever you are behind the HeatAdmin mask) are taking a dig at me. What!? Why!? That acheives what? That creates a solution to this problem how? Heatadmin was not made for that purpose! I bring up a few points and all you can answer to is something that you can have a dig at me for? That is just bloody silly.

As for me saying stuff so that "my friends get their way" (btw you spelt their wrong) is crap. I'm posting to try and get a point across so that Heat can get the send off it deserves. To get KSR Heat back to the fun community it use to be.

ministock8n

Post by ministock8n » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:08 pm

p.s mini8n,maybe they prefer you pm them instead,just gueesin tho
thats what i thought at first to but then to have somebody eles post the same thing after i did and there post is still there now...

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:09 pm

No point in PMing Heatadmin, you won't get a reply.

So you're saying Heatadmin is more of a referee then a governing body so to speak Boppa?

I can understand that view on track. In the server. In teams, Indi. Admins have the right make a call if hte server is jumpy, someones connection is off, someone is breaking the rules etc. I agree with that, and can understand where you're coming from there.

But then theres everything off track as well. I was always under the presumption that the Admin groups for each forum were more of a governing body, ala SNZ, Nation/Labour, etc, where they take what the community has to say - their feedback - their opinion - and looks at what the community actually wants and bases their decisions on that. Maybe the issue here is that people don't understand/know the full back story, the history of whats happening here. Most people seem to think this has only started in the last week or so. It hasn't. It has been happening for far too long, and is ultimately what has lead to Heat being killed off.

We're not moaning. Well Im not anyway. Im posting Constructive Criticism/Suggestion/My Opinion on what is/has been happening. Theres a difference. Moaning is like when people have a cry that they lost teams because of a protest, or having a wah thread cause they got kicked off the server. Theres a difference, and people need to understand that.

BOPPA818

Post by BOPPA818 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm

ok you win :D ill just keep on racen and you just keep bangin ya head against the wall :blazze: ;p

ministock8n

Post by ministock8n » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:18 pm

BOPPA818 wrote:ok you win :D ill just keep on racen and you just keep bangin ya head against the wall :blazze: ;p
funny you say that maybe i should stop bangin my head against it and start talking to it at least when it come to replying it would be consistant :larf:

shawry7y

Post by shawry7y » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Bull wrote:No point in PMing Heatadmin, you won't get a reply.

So you're saying Heatadmin is more of a referee then a governing body so to speak Boppa?

I can understand that view on track. In the server. In teams, Indi. Admins have the right make a call if hte server is jumpy, someones connection is off, someone is breaking the rules etc. I agree with that, and can understand where you're coming from there.

But then theres everything off track as well. I was always under the presumption that the Admin groups for each forum were more of a governing body, ala SNZ, Nation/Labour, etc, where they take what the community has to say - their feedback - their opinion - and looks at what the community actually wants and bases their decisions on that. Maybe the issue here is that people don't understand/know the full back story, the history of whats happening here. Most people seem to think this has only started in the last week or so. It hasn't. It has been happening for far too long, and is ultimately what has lead to Heat being killed off.

We're not moaning. Well Im not anyway. Im posting Constructive Criticism/Suggestion/My Opinion on what is/has been happening. Theres a difference. Moaning is like when people have a cry that they lost teams because of a protest, or having a wah thread cause they got kicked off the server. Theres a difference, and people need to understand that.

_b _b _b _b
Shawry
streety in the build
Bro Racing