Its not about Heat vs Rfactor......is it?

Moved to http://www.nzstockcarheat.co.nz/
skinstad77

Re: Its not about Heat vs Rfactor......is it?

Post by skinstad77 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 am

and me oi ;(
CANTERBURY SUPERSTOCK CHALLENGE-WINNER
WAIKATO SUPERSTOCK CHAMPIONSHIP-WINNER
NEW ZEALAND GRAND PRIX CHAMPIONSHIP-3rd
2010 INDIVIDUAL LEAGUE ROUND 1 OVERALL-3rd

godfather

Post by godfather » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:37 am

Once again a thread has drifted off line......

Some really good stuff was coming from this, good posts by Bull and co with an aim to getting into a situation to sort some of the issues, but once again we now have people lining up to put names forward for a non-pw team and/or league.

When will some people learn to just stop being full of themselves.

Remember the old saying....

"Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool......than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

I thought we may have been making some headway, but obviously some folks dont want to head in that direction.....shame.

If some people just swallowed a little bit of pride, half the issues would disappear.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:59 pm

godfather wrote:If some people just swallowed a little bit of pride, half the issues would disappear.
That is the single most intelligent thing that has been written in any discussion of late. I have bolded what I think to be the most important part of it.
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

BOPPA818

Post by BOPPA818 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 pm

the ones i missed out come under etc etc etc ;p i couldnt name everyone,wouldnt miss you out my chrome dome mate elmo :D
and sorry godfather for drifting of topic,your points are very good _b

BRI Mediadog

Post by BRI Mediadog » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:03 pm

Godfather....it was always about rFactor vs Heat from the time rFactor was being readied for release until now.

People will say it wasn't or isn't, but I was there way back when in Heat, and one of the first people to spin tyre's in anger on rFactor, and been involved in from admin to rule writer, league organiser, teamblue hats and drivers rep etc, to drop kick, hated member by some, blah blah blah, so Ive been at the top and fallen to the bottom, so feel I have a very varied but well rounded perspective within this community.

I was sold on rFactor as a game that was going to be out of reach for the trouble makers and dropkicks of heat (see price and computer specs).....but, it wasn't long before they started to make their way across the gaming bridge so to speak.

The very nature of Superstock racing, means there are forever going to big rivalries, big egos, paybacks, bitcher's and moaner's, those who are selfish and have political agenda's and clicks.This will never change, and a part of racing within this particular faction of KSR, and really does mimic the real life dramas we see unfold in the real life version. Im not saying either is good or bad, but in my eyes that's the reality of it......On the other hand there are the racer's who turn up to have fun, and leave to avoid loosing interest in the game etcetc.

Its individual choice as to where you race and for how long you stay around or how much you immerse yourself into the racing and politics of the game.......but each racer has the power to make either game as enjoyable or as political as they like....the choice is always yours.

Both games have pro's and cons....but in a few months there will only be one choice....my advice is find the level where can just enjoy the racing!
Former competitor - former crew member - former commentator - former photographer - former News and Sports Journalist/Network Radio Newsreader

wanttobe

Post by wanttobe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:20 pm

[quote="BRI Mediadog"][/quote]

:thumb: Hey Media

BRI Mediadog

Post by BRI Mediadog » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:25 pm

wanttobe wrote:
BRI Mediadog wrote:
:thumb: Hey Media
Hey me Old Captain hehe
Former competitor - former crew member - former commentator - former photographer - former News and Sports Journalist/Network Radio Newsreader

godfather

Post by godfather » Mon May 10, 2010 10:37 am

Interesting that since a new forum has become available to discuss the future of heat that no-one has made much comment.

http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/v ... m.php?f=46

FERG 41e

Post by FERG 41e » Mon May 10, 2010 12:02 pm

its interesting that when the post to inform us that heat was closing
down the 11 an 15 server turned to poo`s
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
meow im a pussy cat
smash the P

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon May 10, 2010 4:46 pm

The servers have been on/off/Turned to 'poos' since I was last racing over a year ago ... its barely a new problem.

uturn

Post by uturn » Mon May 10, 2010 4:47 pm

I think they've been pretty awesome for the last month or so... :clown: