New Physics Here

Moved to http://www.nzstockcarheat.co.nz/
Ford Prefect

New Physics Here

Post by Ford Prefect » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:11 pm

OK guys here the contoversial new physics :)

Installation is easy. All you need to do is extract the .car files in the zip to your stockcar dir e.g C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\stockcar and let it overwrite the existing files in there. (please note: it may pay to back up all the existing .car files in there by renaming them to xyz.car.bak or something similar)

Grip levels have changed, inetia physics have changed, front axle has been changed to a beam axle, torque and hp curve has been altered and the damage level has been looked at plus a whole lot of other stuff so some adjustment in driving and racing style is gonna be neccesary. You may find the car harder to get into the corner (tip....little or no front swaybar will sort that) and looser in the middle but once you hit the sweet spot you will find them alot of fun.

Also the increased damage levels mean you will have to pick and time you hits a lot more carefully. You can't expect to start dive bombing everything and everyone anymore without finding yourself with a broken car

I would like to thank dirtnz for giving us this gr8 mod

[Edit = Inspector] - Thanks very much to Ford and all his team for their hard work and input into making these new physics. A change/improvement was needed and not only have these guys stepped up to the mark and done something about it, they have put hours and hours of effort and thought into making the new physics and have done so in a way that retains the real feel of NZ Stockcars that this MOD of Dirts is all about.

I believe that Ford and his team have helped to take this game to a new level and I would not hesitate to rank it with the other racing simulations I play. Thanks once again to DirtNZ for giving us this game and thank you also for your support of the creation and release of the new physics.

Download the new physics HERE - Download hosting free of charge thanks to InSPire Net.

:santa:

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:51 pm

Also remember to stick these into your other directories ie: Teams and Superstock.

Copy one set of the .car files and store them in a safe place so if you have to overwrite later it is just a simple process of dumping the copied files into the three directories.

Shane51

Post by Shane51 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:03 pm

today when i was playing i was racing on coventry i was stuk on the poleline and then my car just went flying up into the air like it was on a trampoline and had no tyres

Chris56

Post by Chris56 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:24 pm

Shane51 wrote:today when i was playing i was racing on coventry i was stuk on the poleline and then my car just went flying up into the air like it was on a trampoline and had no tyres
shouldnt be cutting the poleline :buttkick:

we who was in vent during the teams racing was talking about this

someone might be putting up a post or something latter on with all the problems we can work on

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:29 pm

The tyre damage is being looked at to be changed

keep of the pole line in the meantime :D
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:36 am

just let me get through the xmas break and then we can sort the tyre issue out. I don't think it will be a major it just needs a few ppl to act as testers :)

supastocknut

Post by supastocknut » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:13 pm

just been working on a set for the new physics and im buggered if i can get a hemi chassis to go in a straight line!!

yet i hopped in martys car and what a difference same set and all the car was more controllable and would acturely drive in a straight line so some thing up there no wonder marty is faster
someone stole my superstock!!! i woke up and it was gone!!!

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:27 pm

lol
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL