Teams Results, Baypark, 22/12/05

Moved to http://www.nzstockcarheat.co.nz/
CarnaGe

Teams Results, Baypark, 22/12/05

Post by CarnaGe » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:08 am

Hawkeyes:
Mad Marty. Zeduck, Aaza, Cricketfan & Wraith.

Team Nua:
Wonder Stevie, Cool ET, Lancelot & DirtNZ

Carna's Select:
CarnaGe, Supastocknut, Chris56, Mediadog & Rikki6r

Round Race Results:
HB v Nua = HB
HB v select = HB
Nua v select = Nua
HB v Nua = HB
HB v select = Sel
Nua v select = Sel
HB v Nua = HB
HB v select = HB
Nua v select = Sel

FINAL
HB vs Select = Select

A great nights racing using the new physics.

Like anything new there comes teething problems and a couple of issues were evident last night with the new physics.

The damage at times appeared to be too low resulting in cars touching the poleline and blowing all tyres and taking the unfamiliar position of the extra high skycam view!

The new physics made the racing more interesting as racers had to think before hitting. One thing that was very noticable last night in all races, the lack of dive bombs to eliminate a car. Also cars being put up the wall and held there.

Thanks to all the guys that raced and especially to my victorious team mate, Nutter, Chris, Dog and Rikki. Could this be the making of a new team if the league gets started?

Lancealot

Post by Lancealot » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:15 am

Yeah good fun. You did have to be more tactical and aware of damage to ones own car.The new physics did make it some what of a lottery though, even though I do acknowledge we were all in the same boat and we came out the wrong end :( Well done to both the other teams. Hawkes bay I thought were outstanding and it was a huge upset when the rebels tipped them over in the final

Our tactics were to run two and then once we had stevie established in the lead 3 of us tried use the new damage to try and break the other teams chasing cars. This was working awesome until on three occasions Stevie thought he was a 747 and obtained an air traffic control clearance and went airborne for good with only 3 or 4 laps to run.

I don't think it is limited to just hitting or braking on the pole line. Once it occurred from a walling and once after a big hit. I think it has more to do with tyres blowing. When it happened to me I had damage tell me all 4 tyres were blown as I got closer and closer to the moon :D

I appreciate all the hard work ford and his team have put in and I think with a bit of ironing out the new physics could be the answer to many of the issues and problems we have seen in the past. But as they are I don't think they we can use them just yet.

Well done rebels and thanks Basil for the use of the server. It's a shame some of us take it for granted.

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:37 am

How right you are Lance. I clean forgot to thank Basil for the use of his server. Cheers Basil _b
Hawkes bay I thought were outstanding and it was a huge upset when the rebels tipped them over in the final
Huge upset O_o HB and Select raced 4 times with 2 wins each.

All three teams were very even I thought and it came down to who had the lucky break on not blowing all their tyres or getting caught out by a car that should have been parked on the infield but wondered onto the race track :D

All-in-all a good nights racing with guys that enjoy the racing :drive:

Lancealot

Post by Lancealot » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:53 am

Chomp, hook line and sinker Carnage :haha: .......thats for getting me to bite on vent last night ;)

It was close and it's bl**dy good fun when its like that

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:04 am

Damn

I thought I had had stopped that with the tyres blowing...................I tried everything I could to make it do that during testing and it didn't do it once

Sorry about that ppl may pay to go back to the originals or I can try and find a work around...................up to you guys really

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:53 am

errr I over wrote everything thought we wernt going back lol
was pretty good racing apart from twice getting bombed on the track by someone coming down fron the sky lol
points after the 9 rounds where each 3 teams raced each other twice were
Hawkeyes 5pts 5 wins 1 loss
Select Team 3pts 3wins 3 losses
Team Nua 1pts 1 win 5 losses
(Nua did race well with some nail biting finishes and were unlucky)
Select in the rabbles skins beat the Hawkeyes in the final
media dog and ss nut and their stink farts put us off

The teams were
Hawkeyes
------------
MadMarty
Azza
Cricketfan
Wraith
Zeduck
-----------
Nua
-----
Cool et
Wonder steve
Lancelot
DirtNZ
-----------
Select
-------
Carnage
Supastocknut
Chris56
Rikki6r
Media Pussy

well done to all involved things ran rather smoothly the physics are awesome but a couple of glitches need to be sorted i think we need a bug thread for ford to work off
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Wonder Stevie

Re: re

Post by Wonder Stevie » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:07 pm

MadMarty13 wrote:(Nua did race well with some nail biting finishes and were unlucky)
LOL, I didn't get to finish any races Marty (excluding one) as my car was launched 2km skywards with no wheels (from the inside and outside of the track), twice when leading with a couple of laps to go. :ffs:

Apart from the physics problem, some of the racing was really good, being able to immobilise cars adds to the realism.
Last edited by Wonder Stevie on Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:36 pm

the bouncing thing is caused by a bug in the heat physics engine. The engine hiccups sometimes with its gravity calculations and although this wasn't evident offline I would say when you factor in the the extra lag caused in calcs when you are online it's when this problem becomes apparent.

An easy work around this would to be make the tyres almost indestructable but still make it possible to damage the suspension because it only seems to rear its head when you have all 4 tyres blow. No tyres blowing no problem :D

The question is really whether or not you guys want me to sort it or not. How did ppl find the handling of the cars and the ability to take opponents out?

Please give me some constructive feedback

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:43 pm

Good Idea Ford, crank up the tyre level as the suspension breaks pretty easy when a dive bomb or good hit is put in place.

Handling of the cars was fine. I made a set which I thought was okay, others didn't but it is the same old line, setups are not suitable to everyone as not one controller ir racer is of the same mould. The car got around Baypark stable. It will not break world records but it is a good base to work from.

Taking opponents out was a blast and it boils down to thinking before you attack. I tried the lunge method at Marty twice and both times came off second best. On the other hand a decent whack on an opposition bumper, keeping yourself square all the time, causes all sorts of problems for them, expecially close to the wall.

I would be inclined to tweak the tyres and then have another run with the new physics with 13 - 15 people on the server going hard at it to see what the results are.

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:02 pm

yeah m8 good idea

I can tweak the damage quite easily maybe we should try and put a teast together in the early New Year. Everyone has the car files to start putting together setups to suit them as the handling won't change. Without being there last nite my guess would be the Marty was fast with the new physics. Hint: the cars seem to be quite quick with setups based on real world settings ;)

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:26 pm

Marty blocked in all 7 teams races..... :rolleyes:

Afterwards he seemed quite fast, but alot of the others had learnt how to drive these things too :p
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Camshaft

Post by Camshaft » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:41 pm

Maybe you could make it that the tyres stay good and dont change but make it. if you get rolled you DNF and if you get taken in to the wall at over 30kph you DNF. I dont know how the physics engie work but just an idea.And when you DNF you just sit there. Not go boucning real high and skydiving back to earth as the highest of seen a stockcar go is just past the top of the fence(Craig Boote). Thanks everyone involved in getting the game up and running again.
Rusty( been good)

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:47 pm

Yes agree with carnage above ford its important to keep these physics and fix the trye isuue for a start off its a long time till r factor and there is a lot of life in this and fun to be had yet
and Aaza yes I could have run and quite effectively but I stuck to what i do best and look after your butts lol ....hmmm that sounded a bit gayish :static:
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Lancealot

Post by Lancealot » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:12 pm

Ford Prefect wrote:the bouncing thing is caused by a bug in the heat physics engine. The engine hiccups sometimes with its gravity calculations and although this wasn't evident offline
If it's any help Ford, I had this happen offline 3 times in three races whilst trying out things after the races last night. I also like the idea of making the tyres far stronger. All the issues stem from them blowing. I must admit at first I felt like the car was trying to drive through a swamp but after getting accustomed to the speed and not being able to kick the ass out in the corners as easily I found the physics really good. Like the guys have said, being able to immobilise cars through smart thinking rather than reckless arcade style dive bombing is very cool _b

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:26 pm

Yep rFactor is a way off..................................but it's gettin closer all the time :D

I just need to find a few hundred more hours to finish it off

Don't worry about the wheels those are just place holders to help with perspective

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:43 pm

That gordge model looks just about done FP!!! :>

Remember if you want me to map it and make the template just shout out to me on MSN as I can have it done in an hour or so! :)
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

BRI Mediadog

Post by BRI Mediadog » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:54 pm

Thankyou Mad Mary for your illustrious ( I know its a big word, but youll find it in the dictionary) comments.

Was good to see everybody come to grips with the new physics rather quickly, and proved that you had to seriously think about how and when you would attack an opponent.

Team Nua raced well all night and were unlucky not to make it to the finals, as they gave both other teams a good run for thier money.

Mad Mary found the other half of his engine, and made an estimated 13hp @ the flywheel, unfortunately not enough to take down the Rebels in the final.

Well done to the Rebels, who banded together and worked in unison for the first time, usually you would find uas on any other given night smashing the crap out of each other.

But Carnage pulled finger (rumour has it it didnt hurt too much) arranged the team and we gelled fully as a team after the third race....on race just carnage and I were left to do the business but we came up short........getting the mix right in the final.

Some good blocking by all...especially Marty in the last 2 Sparroweyes encounters, keeping me busy, and off Rikki's ass.

Very good nights racing in summary, and Carnage maybe this is the start of an indestructable team.

Thanks to all who raced, thanks to Dirt who fronted for Team Nua and gave me the oppurtunity to slap the tank around the track a few times.

The physics are great but as mentioned earlier, bugs need to be ironed (Marty will help with that, hes a good domesticated housewife) And a little more testing to tweak out those little gremlins.

See you on the track, and feel my steel!

Chris56

Post by Chris56 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:42 pm

just wannt say a good event

i was disappointed in 1 race where my Boss took me out lol :ffs: :buttkick: :wheelchair: :uhammer: lol all good carnage

_b

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:56 pm

Ummm, yea sorry about that Chris, I sort tried to get around under you without making contact but I screwed up..... I am sure you will remind if and when we hit the clay again :D