Physics Changes?

Moved to http://www.nzstockcarheat.co.nz/
Ford Prefect

Physics Changes?

Post by Ford Prefect » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:30 pm

OK guys

I've been workin on these new physics for a while now and a few of you have had a go with what I have doe so far. Personally the cars have always felt a bit lifeless to me ;(

The thing that has struck over the last 3-4 years is how crisp the engines sound in a modern Superstock and how hard they rev. By that I don't mean how many revs they can pull but how quickly the are able to build thos revs. The torque/hp curve that I put into my new physics files was based on a satndard Nissan VH41 engine with a bit of guestamation about where they may be once worked. However following a conversation I had at the Superstock GP with one of the drivers (someone who has achieved on the national stage) I realised that my guesses were not quite where they needed to be.

This afternoon I was finishing off the cahnges to the damage that u guys requested and I decided to have a play with the engine settings while I was in there (as you would) I'm pleased to say that I seem to have achieved what I originally set out to do. The cars now have less peak torque but the same hp the difference is that both peaks are higher in the rev range. I also have played with the engines inertia figures to make it rev up quicker. I have to say these things absolutely bleedin ROCK now. The car is no faster (in fact it maybe slightly slower) but it feels like it is goin a whole lot faster and u feel like u are really in control of a beast instead of a slug.

My question is do u guys wanna try these things like this or would u ratherjust have em as you already do with just the damage fix and nothing else done. I know some of you have been workin hard on setups and I don't think that the changed engine values would affect htat at all......u woulp poss only need to look at gearing to allow for the lower torque but that is all but I can absolutely assure you it would be worth it

Let me know what u think

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:10 pm

Go for it FordP!!! _b
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

painkiller

Post by painkiller » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:53 pm

i could imagine what it goes like . with that good on you for susing it out.
so when hit they would be likely to do more damage. with torque.with right gears. _b _b _b

supastocknut

Post by supastocknut » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:37 pm

:D :D go for it ford :D :D
someone stole my superstock!!! i woke up and it was gone!!!

Boosta36A

Post by Boosta36A » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:45 pm

sounds good ford

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:08 pm

_b :D
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

ET

Post by ET » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:07 pm

yea sweet Ford, i'l be happy to test..... _b
*2011 - KSS Individaul League - 5p

supastocknut

Post by supastocknut » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:25 pm

just wondering ford.... the more i play the new physics the more i feel maybe you've taken away just a tad to much grip? just a thought, not moaning as the cars just feel to loose :D :D

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:31 pm

I think the cars should be loose. Have a look at this incar to see how much time Scott Miers spends on the throttle around Rotovegas

http://www.thetank.co.nz/

Adding more grip just means that the lap times will go through the roof unfortunately. I have experimented with all sorts of grip levels and the current one seems to be the best compromise, and it is really a compromise. I know the point you are trying to make and I understand completely. I think you will find that the next betta is better lol. The cars don't have anymore grip but they seem to hook up a bit better and seem a little easier to drive and feel faster although they aren't.

I had hoped to have the next betta up for u guys last nite. But a trip to BP last nite to see Steve Williams demolish the field and a hectic day at work today mean my schedule is a bit behind. Will try and get it done tonite :)

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:00 pm

thats the best footage to date of the tank incar I was quite suprise how good his set up was though he was working hard comparing it to mine mine is way looser
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Ford Prefect

Post by Ford Prefect » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:11 pm

yeah Marty the way the Tank went at that meeting suprised me. Once they got it dialled in he was able to run one of the lowest lines of anybody. Suprising really considering the way Tanks usually sledge really badly

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:17 pm

Hes got a lot of power to play with wasnt using it all could have kept foot down for longer and leant on other cars more in the corners was a half hearted go at Darcy that spun him you have to keep your foot down in that situation or avoid contact
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

supastocknut

Post by supastocknut » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:48 pm

that race was run in wet conditions it had been spitting before 7 and continued untill being rained out

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:13 pm

ah that answers some things about the footage then
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL