just my observation

Moved to http://www.nzstockcarheat.co.nz/
ford ill do

just my observation

Post by ford ill do » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:09 pm

as we all no, the server got locked down on the weekend,this was not to my liking as not being on pw list i couldnt enjoy some racing,i observed alot of what went on to cause this and as ive been guilty of the same sort of stuff in the past feel i have the right to comment,no names will be mentioned but those involved will no who its about,ive had run ins with the admin team and reverted to doing the same things you guys did on saturday,you may not like this admin member but in actual fact he is only 1 of a group involved in making desicions ,some things dont always go our way on here and ive learnt threw past actions to let it go and just leave it be,you guys spoilt the weekends racing for many which in my book sucks,as ive learnt, if you have a gripe with admin members here there are others your able to voice your concerns to and they will look into it and come back with a solution 9 out of 10 times,or be the man in the situation and approach this person ether threw pm or ts and see if you cant talk about things instead of reverting to doing what you did,1 on 1 attacking is fine but to revert to pack racing, yes you guys did team up and pack race,,is in my books weak,then when the abuse and accusations of cheating and downloading stuff while on server started, (hear say is a vicious thing )you got way out of control,these accusations have no proof behind them and yes i was also guilty of useing them against him previously so know what im saying to be true,ffs grow up and think before you act as you spoilt things for alot of other people acting the way you did.Also when the server did get reopened i was amazed to see that everyone carried on as if nothing had happened, ie the drop kick style of racing and abuse was still going on, .lets all try to sort this kind of crap out and keep it out of the game from now on for the sake of all who play,,and to make the admin guys jobs alot easier so they to can enjoy some racing

pimpin9639

Re: just my observation

Post by pimpin9639 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:22 pm

agreed pack racing is weak. and also agreed that there is better ways of doing thing then some actions people may take i had acouple of problems with admin this weekend but instead of loosing it i left the server had a breather came back and actually recieved an apology so admin here are not as bad as some might think give them a break they are only doing there job and as i have seen they can admit when they are wrong.

Tipsta

Post by Tipsta » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:19 am

im new to stockcar heat, and raced online for the 1st time on the weekend, i was keen to attempt to keep out of peoples way(unsuccessfully at times i must admit), and just have a crack at racing. was a pretty enjoyable experience.

i wasnt around while the server got shut down, but i did get kicked a couple of times over the weekend (as my internet kept playing up). so i dont understand why the people causing problems couldnt have just been kicked too??

also i got attacked a few times while i was trying to race, (and at the moment im not good enough to successfully attack back haha), but i have absolutely no problem with that. nor do i have any real problem with pack racing. its like speedway in actual reality, suck it up and toughen up. ive witnessed it, one particular case, someone was attacked by a pack for a whole meeting, ended up with 1000s dollars of car damage and one very sore body, but as he said 'thats speedway'

some people seem to have very thin skin in the 'online world'.

but thats just my two cents, il look forward to hopefully racing online again soon

cheers

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Tipsta wrote:also i got attacked a few times while i was trying to race, (and at the moment im not good enough to successfully attack back haha), but i have absolutely no problem with that. nor do i have any real problem with pack racing. its like speedway in actual reality, suck it up and toughen up. ive witnessed it, one particular case, someone was attacked by a pack for a whole meeting, ended up with 1000s dollars of car damage and one very sore body, but as he said 'thats speedway'

some people seem to have very thin skin in the 'online world'.

but thats just my two cents, il look forward to hopefully racing online again soon

cheers
Main difference with online and real life. If someone/some people start ganging up on you and you fly off the axe and smash them in real life. You will not only hurt their bank account but you will hurt them! Online, you get neither of that. So rules do have to get put in place because unlike real life they don't resolve themselves.

I had a few laps in the weekend. It was pretty fun good getting back to were I started getting back a few years now. I cant get over the pace of drivers now how much it has increased. it's like everyone is a top driver. Still popped off a few 17.4s for old times sake _b . I must say I don't like racing when admin are on though, feel like every god damn thing I do is being watched and scrutinized. I think admin's need to realize that they don't need to be a bully to be in control of the server. But likewise that's just my two cents. Heat's still living, and still is good fun regardless _b .
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

ford ill do

Post by ford ill do » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:30 pm

suggest that as your a new driver tipsta you go back and read the rules and understand them before you comment in the way you have,

Tipsta

Post by Tipsta » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Im not sure in what part of my post implied breaking the rules, other than the pack racing comment ? ?

As for that, i have not, and wouldnt participate in that style of racing. I was only implying i wouldnt get torn up about it if i was the recipient.

I have no problems with any of the rules and intend to do my best to abide by them.

but just for you ford il go re-read the rules ;)

Will be great when the 24/7 server situation is resolved so i can have another go at racing online as it was surprisingly addictive haha