chch quake

Post by evil89 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 am

hope all you people down that way are all good. i just read news about
the quake down there....
glen eagles driver 74c

penguin

Re: chch quake

Post by penguin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:48 am

i heard about that a couple hours ago as well, hope all you guys down in Canterbury are OK.
---RC racer 532p---

brad816

Post by brad816 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:52 am

yip best wishes to everyone down in christchurch after a massive 7.4 quake hit this morning around 4.35am i think it was centered 30km west of chch
1st Ultimate teams champs 2011
2nd Legends event wanganui 2011,Indi league 2011
3rd South KSS Champs 2010
4th World 240s 2010,Legends Event Stratford 2010,Indi league 2010, South Island KSS champs 2011

evil89

Post by evil89 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:24 am

maybe ratty fell outta bed???
glen eagles driver 74c

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:27 am

evil89 wrote:maybe ratty fell outta bed???
smart s%$t

evil89

Post by evil89 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:47 am

lol least we now kno your algood ratty.
glen eagles driver 74c

the_tank

Post by the_tank » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Absolute tradgerty for canterbury.Can only imagine what most people are going through.Hope you guys are all ok;Good to hear your allright Ratty and anybody else there aswell.Tryed ringing but no coverage.So grateful this didnt occur at 6pm as the consequences would have been much worse.

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Like i posted here " http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/v ... =8&t=16328 "

Hope everyone is okay. _b
Good to see that heaps of people are. Quite lucky really.
Like you said TT, The timing was kind of lucky to. If it was mid day or something those buildings would of probably taken the people below it with it.

I have been watching tv1 this morning with live updates on things and the damage looks pretty intense in some parts of the city.

Insurance Claims for Eqc or whatever would be so much, The towns huge with a lot of old buildings. and i think the Gisborne one got up to 30 million dollars so this one here would be just crazy.
http://www.kiwicaptureit.co.nz
Never pick an argument with cf, its like picking an argument with a chick

Tyrone

Post by Tyrone » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeap , the timing is what saved this from being a tragic disaster. Hope everyone is algoods , ialso have fams in chch , just heard from them not long ago :)

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:49 pm

a few pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:50 pm

a relations house which I would say will have to be leveled and rebuilt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Thanks for the pictures Rat. I like looking at pictures instead of reading lol
http://www.kiwicaptureit.co.nz
Never pick an argument with cf, its like picking an argument with a chick

stoodlee15b

Post by stoodlee15b » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:02 pm

feel for you guys down ther very sad to see, all the best
Stoods

Corey43C

Post by Corey43C » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:47 pm

That was one hell of a creppy quake.
I Went to bed at 4 :00 and then woke up 20 mins later with everyhing broken on the ground and a big shake.
So thanks i only got 20 mins sleep. but im algood.
atleast its a hot day down here today :larf:
(:

Corey43C
Pitcrew 43c Streetstock

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Yeah I reckon Corey, I got up like 5 minutes before it cause I left my friggin electric blanket on so was sweating like a mofo, took a piss jumped back in bed and it started shaking! I figured if I ignored it long enough it would stop and it did! Still getting small aftershocks now.

Had a drive around town cause with no power there was fk all else to do, and the only stereo which I could blast some Metallica out on was in my car. A bit of damage in town, some roads were closed, some of the older brick buildings had lost quite a lot of bricks. Saw a house where the chimney had fallen on it self and left a nice hole in the roof. There doesn't seem to be anything major though like collapsed buildings, massive floods etc

Corey43C

Post by Corey43C » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Yip The shaking has just started again just then to. if you felt it.
(:

Corey43C
Pitcrew 43c Streetstock

kieren

Post by kieren » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:35 pm

just been to help out a mate, he got cracks 1m wide and 3m deep from his front lawn to other side of house, house is stuffed will get some pics up after. alarm clock went off abit early
55crew
43c streetstock driver
47c indi league
*Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing*

ford ill do

Post by ford ill do » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:24 pm

been in afew quakes myself in whakatane over the years so no what some of you are going threw,chins up and count ya blessings your still here to talk about it,insurance and alot of donations from them rich jaffas will see you threw lol, hope your all doing ok and remember there are alot of members of this community and others that are thinking of you all in these times of hard ship,best wishes from me, ford ill do

Pits

Post by Pits » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Well it has been pretty scary stuff at times, my wife and I woke up to no lights/water and freezing conditions that's after I was tossed out of bed. After finding two candles (our misplaced anti-earthquake kit) we saw a picture crooked on the lounge wall and after looking around we found both electric tooth brushes had fallen over but didn't actually land into the sink.
These aftershocks have been a bit disconcerting to say the least as others wives will testify too.
Town and around areas aren't looking the best and some major damage whenever you mention bricks, the 3 little pigs obviously didn't deal with earthquakes.
Gods own for sure, I'm told if this same quake happened in SanFran then the place would be flattened.

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:51 pm

yes the aftershocks are still going and some are over 5 and mos in the 4's so still good shakes...

It's a shame that the crooks are loving the earthquake taking all opertunities for a bit of gear at the misfortune of others.
J.Anderson and family were at my place last night as there street around the corner was in flood from broken water mains and sewage and some arseholes took the time to clean them out of there electronics and ramsacking the house... after calling the police they had to wait for 40 other burglaries to be attended before they could come out to them...

I have heard there has been quite a bit of looting of shops through out chch as well....

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:05 pm

An interesting point of view from my brother who was on holiday in ChCh and only got home late this arvo/early tonight. He said apart from the actual shake the comparison between this and the Gisborne earthquake damages are pretty similar. Apart from the looting. Old brick buildings break and some people seem to get hit hard while all of their neighbours are perfectly fine. Apart from the share amount of population which of course numbers will say it's much more larger with more insurance claims. More condemned buildings and the like. So an interesting point of view there. With that being said I can relate to what is happening down there as far as cleanup's go. I can imagine quite a lot of brackets and blue-tac being brought over the next few weeks as people earthquake proof their homes (a bit late but hey).

Great to hear no tragedies or anything. All this material stuff can be replaced as long as everybody is sweet. _b
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Pits

Post by Pits » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:07 pm

I think we are lucky that it's so close, we get a "whack and crack of the walls" and a quick shudder and it's gone, now if it was 50 miles further away and a bit deeper we would have had the long "rolls" that cause the major destruction, I remember the last quake a few years ago and standing at a mates driveway on the footpath and watching the waves in the tarseal going up to his garage and trying to stand up, now that was disconcerting.

Fireball45

Post by Fireball45 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:00 am

Well Not the best news to come back to real life.My thoughts are with those people that have been effected chin up and like ford said no body has passed away.Buildays can be fixed or replaced lives cannot.regards Terry
keep it mean and clean45a no1 pitcrew older and wiser thats why i own chrysler.

The_Terminator

Post by The_Terminator » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:19 am

Just a big thank you to all the people that have posted on here still gettin woken up at nite with aftershocks but at present r ok cheers :)

mopar

Post by mopar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:54 am

Yea a big chur to all the guys sending condolences.
She was a pretty scary experience going through that sort of shake rattle and roll. I was pretty well pissed off my nut only to be throwen out of bed onto the floor and waking up wondering what the F%&k was going on, by the time I realized that it was a quake and should be running under a door or outside it was all over.
Got a mate that stays out country ways his house in 2 peices, his pool is out of the ground as well as his septic tank and his land has got little sand geysers everywhere, you have to feel sorry for people that have to be in situation like that, especially everyone affected in Kaiapoi.
The Glen isn't that far from Kaiapoi so I haven't heard if the track there has been damaged.
Anyway good old kiwi hardcore fashion,we keep on trucking and deal with whats happened and move on as best we can.

Once again a big CHUR CHUR to everyone

[u]MOPAR[/u]