CoD4

There’s a soldier in all of us
ShaneNZ

CoD4

Post by ShaneNZ » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:40 pm

hey guys.

well yesterday i went and got my self a copy of COD4.
WOW great game is all i can say. i have played games like this like CS 1.5, CSS
but this feels so real, iv been playing offline for a bit to get use to it as aaza advised me to :D
easy game to learn at first gets harder as you move on in the game.

all i need to know now its online play (getting in the server (ip 203.114.130.1 ??) i would not have a clue) i have been looking around, there is probably something for this and i didn't look harder enough.

any help

aaza gave me some last night on updates patch's i got 1.6
0 5 EHT KCUF
:bluesbro:

Bull

Re: CoD4

Post by Bull » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:47 pm

You will need patch 1.7

Also download the program Xfire - http://www.xfire.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And once your registered, add me - my gamer tag is bullnz

Once you have Xfire and a few peoples Xfire contacts you will be able to search for games, join your friends games, etc etc

Cheers

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:03 pm

Bull wrote:You will need patch 1.7

Also download the program Xfire - http://www.xfire.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And once your registered, add me - my gamer tag is bullnz

Once you have Xfire and a few peoples Xfire contacts you will be able to search for games, join your friends games, etc etc

Cheers
i signed up to all that, d/l 1.7 now
0 5 EHT KCUF

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:24 pm

i this sounds dumb but how do i get online?
0 5 EHT KCUF

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:57 pm

You need to run the multiplayer icon that the game would have installed. Or select multiplayer in your game options if you've run single player. Join server and away you go.
YouTube videos

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Logon to Xfire
Click the 'Servers' tab
Under > All click 'Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer'
On the right choose to limit the servers to 'My Continent' (this will be only NZ and Australia servers) and click refresh (I refresh twice)
Then select a server, Right Click -> Join.

You can also join servers that others are in if they are on your friends list.
Friends tab
Right click their name -> Join Game.
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:46 pm

thank you guys _b

is there a server use all go on? or just what ever is on

what name do use so i can see what servers uses use
0 5 EHT KCUF

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Most of us use our forum name and our clan tag in front of it.

We are also usually on Teamspeak when we play too :)

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:27 pm

Bull wrote:Most of us use our forum name and our clan tag in front of it.

We are also usually on Teamspeak when we play too :)
Ohk.
i see some people im there with [KSR] in front of there name, now i can't do that can i?

teamstpeak would help out alot with my gaming at the moment as i have started COD4 and R factor i know with R factor you get TS when you get on Individual League, but i wouldn't have a clue when i can sign up
0 5 EHT KCUF

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:23 pm

you dont need TS for cod

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:11 pm

as long as you are admin ratman ill never have TS :I
0 5 EHT KCUF

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:45 pm

Read this (suprisingly enough the topic Game Info, Links & Forum Announcements is there for people to read and help themselves) and jump on the public server, once you've got an account on the private TS server then carry on from there

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:44 pm

i am looking at putting together another scu vs ksr 3 game scrimmage on Thursday nights.

NO RINGERS jetboy :> none of your MI5 tards that aren't part of KSR regular racing shouldn't join :cute:
Admire the fur

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:15 pm

Sasquatch wrote:i am looking at putting together another scu vs ksr 3 game scrimmage on Thursday nights.

NO RINGERS jetboy :> none of your MI5 tards that aren't part of KSR regular racing shouldn't join :cute:
Cool!
I'll be in for sure. (Now where did Bazz put that hax...)

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:23 pm

Sasquatch wrote:i am looking at putting together another scu vs ksr 3 game scrimmage on Thursday nights.

Sounds like they're scared already.... _b

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:52 am

ill keen if it still running after 11:00pm :larf: (time i finish work)
0 5 EHT KCUF

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:23 am

sounds good _b _b was good to put a cap in ya arse last night :larf: ..... even tho you were on my team.. :larf: :rolleyes:

I'm sure there can be a good group made up _b

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:54 am

Jetboy wrote:

Sounds like they're scared already.... _b
sounds like they shittin' themselves :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:50 pm

Sounds like SCU stole all the KSR players so they could have a chance at winning and now don't want KSR to recruit any more.
Inspector

---

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:41 pm

who's in the KSR team for cod?
0 5 EHT KCUF

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:15 pm

Inspector wrote:Sounds like SCU stole all the KSR players so they could have a chance at winning and now don't want KSR to recruit any more.
Hmmm not so Inspector... On a few occasions SCu members played on the KSR side when many of the KSR players were late or no showers. Players such as Hotdognz, CrazyRabbit, Spanky_NZ etc...They are our best players within SCu and (to the best of my knowledge) never took an active role within KSR, so SC never stole anyone or anything. If core KSR members can't organise regular FPS, RTS, or flying nights and the members go elsewhere to play those games, they certainly were not stolen from KSR. KSR simply didn't provide what those members wanted other than good, clean, and fun racing and decided to play and join other forums to occationally do something else other than just race vehicles.

We all know the lads over at MI5 are cool and extremely skilled. However, some of them that came over to help out KSR with numbers simply out skilled and gunned SCu when it was meant to be KSR vs SCu match only - not KSR/MI5 vs SCu. When SCu numbers were low i didn't go out and ask Sila,TEA, or VMA dudes to come play for SCu to insure a victory. KSR lent players to SCu and vice versa and it was an unwritten understanding. However, nothing was mentioned that KSR couldn't ask other players to help out either, so fair enough :)

Many active members of SC are also active members of KSR. In the beginning of the scrimmage nights they decided what side to play for on the night given numbers, or personal preference whom to play for. Without the MI5 guys (excluding regular KSR participants ie Jetho ;) ) the teams were evenly matched. In fact it was so evenly matched in skill that winning and loosing was determined by 1 map round or by a few deaths vs kills. The balance of play all changed when 'ringers' came into it. Boony and I tried counter balancing this effect by introducing custom maps and taking away the 'bunny hop' ability along with cross hairs and other things, but this back fired massively when bugs presented themselves on the KSR server but not on Boony's server during testing O_o . The close fun and competitive game ceased to exist and KSR simply walked all over SCu. If it had gone the other way I still would have either killed the scrimage night or tried to fix it.

During race two last night in the V8s my pc locked up >_< so i rebooted and noticed some guys on the KSR TS2 CoD4 channel. I found their game and jumped in. They where lots of fun to play with and against. Our skill levels were on the same level which made it enjoyable. It got me thinking again about organising another regular night of friendly riverly between KSR and SCu. I've learned a lot about how time consuming and difficult it can be to organise events. If I decide to run another scrimmage night I'll do it slightly differently but it will always be a learning curve for me.

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Admire the fur

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:36 pm

K before people start taking this a bit to seriously

-=Mi5=- Of the clan that used to play....Bazz, Happy and Myself are the only 3 that ever took part in the KSR matches, so I'm not to sure what all the ringer stuff is about...was taking it as Sas gettng cheeky....as he can rightfully do as hes an Americ.....Canadian and we need to make allowances for that :p

I fairly regularly played on the Scu side when they were down on numbers and found them to be alot more tactically proficient than KSR and actually had alot of fun with the matches as you never really knew who was going to take it out on the night...really looking forward to getting some more going in the near future :)

Would be most happy to lend a hand with the server stuff as well, Brad (Johnny2Coombs) has found and played with some very cool mods etc here at work that may well work well for KSR/Scu matches and I'm sure would be happy to lend some knowledge in that area

JB

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Sasquatch wrote:Boony and I tried counter balancing this effect by introducing custom maps and taking away the 'bunny hop' ability along with cross hairs and other things, but this back fired massively when bugs presented themselves on the KSR server but not on Boony's server during testing O_o
Welcome to the world of "officially unsupported" 3rd party produced linux servers for CoD

75% of online CoD4 servers are using *nix servers, yet the *nix server updates come along about 1 month after the client patchs.. WTG _b

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:52 pm

But what does this all mean Bazzil :look:

Looking forward to some knife kills :D

On a serious note KSr can have Mattly to help out ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Regardless of what guys were from MI5 etc (Whatever the hell MI5 was all about!) there were some KSR players that were really good as well. Growler is one of them that comes to mind. I do remember him killing Mattly and Sasquatch many times over.
I think he was the main reason KSR kept winning!