Help Please

There’s a soldier in all of us
CJRacing
Location: Dannevirke, Roberston Holden International Speedway

Help Please

Post by CJRacing » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:56 pm

Hey, i've Just got the game today. im downloading patche v1.6 as we speak. and going to download 1.7 after that?

is there anything else i need?

also how do you turn down your detail? it lags just a little bit

Aaron

Re: Help Please

Post by Aaron » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:50 pm

A lot of it is the textures. Just turn the texture settings down under the options,texture settings.
Also the model and water detail down under graphics. If you want to know all of them just ask and I will right them in here.
There are other things most people dont need for example Anti aliasing I have off, dynamic lights you dont really need (just all flashy bits), these are just off my top of my head others might be able to think of more, most is personal preference .. do you want smoother gameplay (will have less visual features etc) or more visual features (less smooth but it can be tweaked to be smoothish.

Also if some of you are getting frame hits on maps cap your frames a bit more (default 85 I think but I have mine at 75 but lower it on a few maps too)
It all depends on what frames you get (and map) But find an average of what frames your getting and set your max fps to roughly that.

To do this you use your console which is the ~ button next to 1 then type
e.g.

If you dont know what fps your getting you can bring it up in game by using console.

/cg_drawfps 1

This means in game it will show your fps. Run around on a map for a bit and find out what an average fps your getting and use the maxfps command.

After this you probably dont need to have the fps in game showing so in console type

/cg_drawfps 0 (this will put it back to normal)

Then
/com_maxfps 75 (or whatever you wish to cap your fps at) This helps only with the frame hits etc (from what I have found.)

Also you will still get slow frames and frame hits every now and again, no matter what but you can lower the effect it has.

I have had my game pretty much lock up once on a map. Mass smoke grenades and alsorts in one area on crossfire.

If you still have problems just ask :)

CJRacing

Post by CJRacing » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:05 pm

Tried all that.

but still laggs. ;(

My computer runs rfactor fine!. or does this game need better specs?

i've read the back of the case and all seems to be fine.

i done a test on some website. and it said my graphics is to bad to run it..

do any of you know if you can upgrade graphic cards in laptops.

I have a acer aspire 5920 if that helps

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:06 pm

What Frames do you normally get?

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:23 pm

This is the graphics that your laptop runs///
Graphics 256 MB nVidia 8600M-GT

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M, 256 MB GDDR2 VRAM, up to 1024 MB with TurboCache technology (up to 768 MB is allocated from system memory*), support for NVIDIA PureVideo (WMV HD, High Definition MPEG-2 Hardware Acceleration), Microsoft DirectX 9 and DirectX 10, OpenEXR High Dynamic Range (HDR) and PCI Express
You might want to go to the NVIDIA web site and see if you can update to the latest the drivers for it.... that may be the problem but I would of thought it would of worked

Another thing is some laptops dont install everything from new and you may have a disc that will install the software for the card to run properley instead of using the windows drivers to run the card

CJRacing

Post by CJRacing » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:41 pm

Hey Ratman. I think that may be the upgrade to my computer.

I went into the settings of the card and it shows this

And ive upgraded the drivers for this to. but no go. Ill just have to give this game a miss

cheers guys!! _b
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:23 am

Bull wrote:What Frames do you normally get?

johnny2combs

Post by johnny2combs » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Luke wrote:Hey Ratman. I think that may be the upgrade to my computer.

I went into the settings of the card and it shows this

And ive upgraded the drivers for this to. but no go. Ill just have to give this game a miss

cheers guys!! _b

Getting COD 4 to work with the Mobile Intel 965 Express Graphics Card.

You may need to download from Microsoft latest version of DirectX
From Intel, download and install the latest Intel driver for Mobile Intel® 965 Express. After the installation, by going on Graphic Media Accelerator Driver interface you can set all features for 3D settings, activate all items where they are disabled:
For intensity buffer, set it to 24 bit.
Memory used from driver: set at maximum.
Under Screen settings: 32bit, 1280X768, 60 Hertz.
When you run the game, an advice should inform you that your hardware have change from last time you have run the game, asking to set for you optimal settings for the game: do not accept by
Go to Options: Graphics
Video 1024 X 768 (or the same you have set previous in the Intel accelerator.
Refresh 60Hz
Image balance: Auto
Anti -aliasing: Off
The other options turned to NO OR OFF until Ragdoll
Bullet impact: Yes
Models details: Low
Water details: Low
Low/High i think for final item isn't important.
Also i think some more features can be activated, but it should be tested and to do is required some time.
No matter how loudly you shout @ the monitor, The other players won't hear you.