COD5 1.2 Patch out

There’s a soldier in all of us
Boony

COD5 1.2 Patch out

Post by Boony » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Sidewinder

Re: COD5 1.2 Patch out

Post by Sidewinder » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:30 pm

A Warning to some, the download is almost 500MB :)
KSS Teams League Champions: Christchurch Glen Eagles
KSS Individual League: Sidewinder 29a

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Sidewinder wrote:A Warning to some, the download is almost 500MB :)
Yeah I found that out after I apparently only had 300mb Hard Drive space left :(

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Im not downloading it as it only fixes a little in this game still cant /record and that has really pissed of the competitive community. Only major useful fixes are cg_fov fix and lean glitch fixed... all for 500mb no thanks.

This has resulted in a lot of people starting to play CoD2 again.... I might join them.

Boony

Post by Boony » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:17 am

Aaron wrote:Im not downloading it as it only fixes a little in this game still cant /record and that has really pissed of the competitive community. Only major useful fixes are cg_fov fix and lean glitch fixed... all for 500mb no thanks.

This has resulted in a lot of people starting to play CoD2 again.... I might join them.
It also contains a new version Makin sheds, this adds to most of the size.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 am

I would guess that most players are not classed as 'competitive' Aaron. It's actually good of them to throw in a free map along with some fixes. Usually you have to pay for extra maps these days :rolleyes:
Admire the fur

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:12 pm

Is the makin map different or is it similar to how the did winter crash in cod4?

The point I was trying to make is that the majority of the competitive players in general, I am probably one of them so im biased, have been waiting so long for a game with potential to be fixed.

There are many reason why it is like this, the /record means its hard for anticheat teams to stop dodgy people in leagues/tournaments.
But the biggest is how badly the makers of the game are supporting/not supporting the major mod makers creating a competitive mod to use. In CoD4 you started with PAM and then Promod and now some others are being played around with, this is what kept cod4 going so long competitively, even though this is my first 'season' in a competitive league it has been going for I think 6 seasons.

Obviously the majority of people that play cod on here wont dab into competitive play as it is so different, ie search and destroy first to 13 rounds etc on promod mod.

This game is still enjoyable in a pub server, but for how long.

Boony

Post by Boony » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:13 pm

Sasquatch wrote:I would guess that most players are not classed as 'competitive' Aaron. It's actually good of them to throw in a free map along with some fixes. Usually you have to pay for extra maps these days :rolleyes:
Also my server will be rolling to the new patch. So to be able to play you will need to download it. Or see if someone close has downloaded it and will let you put on your USB stick. Only one person has to down load it then.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Already a problem found.... quite significant for how long it took to release patch , Im not on vista but this may save some people the hassle of google.

USE METHOD A
Hi,

Just a quick update - this fix should solve the problem some Vista users are experiencing with lack of audio in CoD:WaW after patching to 1.2:

Method A:
* Right-click on the Volume icon in the taskbar (next to the clock, looks like a speaker)
* Select ‘Playback Devices’
* Right-click on your preferred playback device (i.e. Speakers, Headphones, etc.)
* Select ‘Properties’, then click the ‘Advanced’ tab
* Set the Default Format here to ‘16bit,44100Hz(CD Quality)’

Note: You may reach the same menu in Method A through Control Panel > Sound.

Method B - Advanced users only (perform at your own risk!):
* Right-click on My Computer and select ‘Manage’
* Select Device Manager and expand ‘Sound, video, and games controllers’
* Uninstall listed Audio Drivers then reboot the computer
* Vista will now auto-reinstall the on-board sound
* Default Format is now set to ‘16bit,44100Hz(CD Quality)’ automatically

Please note that setting your audio quality to 16-bit will not impact your Call of Duty: World at War gaming experience. The game will sound just as good as it did before, as our sounds are mixed at 16-bit.

Regards,
-JD

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:57 pm

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet thanks Aaron for the info for Vista users _b

Ya I understand that the competitive community missed out this patch :( Also, no linux binary as yet either which is pissing me off q- However, i think the general public will be happy with the patch and the game. I honestly feel that COD5 had a LOT to live up to with CoD4 still being played hard out. Then there is the WWII stigma that many want to play with modern equipment and have enough of WWII stuff. In saying that, look at EA now going for BF1943 and bad company. Looks like WWII might be back but in different theaters for a change _b
Admire the fur