Call Of Duty: Black Ops

There’s a soldier in all of us
KSR Aaza

Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Post by KSR Aaza » Sat May 22, 2010 5:07 pm

aka COD7. Made by Treyarch (guys that did COD3 and World at War). On PC, PS3 & Xbox 360 being released in November

Most important thing about the game: Dedicated servers ARE back!

Trailer:

Anyone looking at getting this?
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Aaron

Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Post by Aaron » Sat May 22, 2010 5:21 pm

yeah 2 copies no doubt, this will be CoD's last decent game for players like myself. If it has dedicated servers and is mod friendly there is no reason (so long as they have learnt from W@W) that this cant be a success.

2LO

Post by 2LO » Sat May 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Hmm looks interesting, I'll no doubt buy it when it comes out..
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Corrin24g

Post by Corrin24g » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:00 am

Aaron wrote:yeah 2 copies no doubt, this will be CoD's last decent game for players like myself.
Whata you mean by this freddy

I should be gettin it looks cool :D

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:23 am

Infinity Ward has more or less gone down the gurgler, so whether there is another COD or who if it gets made/who it gets made by could be a mystery

Ill be getting this too, hopefully there will be more SP Co-Op like on the last W@W

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Quite a bit of insight, FLYING HELICOPTERS!!!! :D :D :D _b . Gota catch up to bad company somehow ;p .

EDIT: Embed failed here's the link...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... -of/700249

Here's a few more small clips out of single player

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... -of/101260

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... -of/101273
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:41 pm

looks good......hope it isn't as buggy as BC2
Admire the fur

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:15 am

Sasquatch wrote:looks good......hope it isn't as buggy as BC2
Despite BC2 being "Buggy" it still kills every Call Of Duty game released. Only thing I miss is Co Op on W@W so hopefully this one has some form of Co Op mode, otherwise Im afraid itll get shuffled away behind BC2 :(

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Heard a few promising things lately, mod tools dedi servers are the most important, have heard of a beta but will see what happens.

Heres the MP trailer (console, aim makes me cringe) its been out for a while but couldn't see it posted here.
Modern Warfare 2 (2nd edition) anyone? Guess they decided to show Infinity Ward how to do it properly...

If this doesn't take off I might head into permanent Starcraft 2, when I get the money to get it :larf:

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:08 pm

Bull wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:looks good......hope it isn't as buggy as BC2
Despite BC2 being "Buggy" it still kills every Call Of Duty game released. Only thing I miss is Co Op on W@W so hopefully this one has some form of Co Op mode, otherwise Im afraid itll get shuffled away behind BC2 :(
Co-op 4player I read somewhere ;)
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

hawkins

Post by hawkins » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:33 pm

she's no bad company tho by the looks
WELLINGTONWILDCATS BRINGING BACK THE BIFF

When life throws you a curve , Slam it down a gear and hit the apex harder !!!!!

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:38 pm

It looks like what W@W was to MW ... basically just MW2 with different guns.

However apparently theres dedicated servers and mod tools for this ... so ya never know

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm

hawkins wrote:she's no bad company tho by the looks
I have recently started playing this again, just cause I want my stats signature to say KDR of 2, im at 1.94 at the moment.

It feels as though they have fixed most of the issues I was having with it except all I see for server pings is either 999 or just a line -. Even tried all the fixes so obviously still a few bugs.

Also its fun tracer darting the snipers who do nothing but sit one place in spawn whole game :D

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:42 pm

If you still play cod4 have a look at the galactic warfare mod that has been made (ala star wars) apparently quite a bit of effort went into it new maps models etc and has turned out to be a decent mod.

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Aaron wrote:
hawkins wrote:she's no bad company tho by the looks
I have recently started playing this again, just cause I want my stats signature to say KDR of 2, im at 1.94 at the moment.

It feels as though they have fixed most of the issues I was having with it except all I see for server pings is either 999 or just a line -. Even tried all the fixes so obviously still a few bugs.

Also its fun tracer darting the snipers who do nothing but sit one place in spawn whole game :D
You should see some of the people who rage at me and corrin doing that to everyone! lol. Especially Ben and Chainsaw, they suck quite a bit so we stick tracers on them to distract the enemy towards them as bait!

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:31 am

Here's some more info. Getting a bit mroe indepth now with what will actually be offered

http://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/n ... eal-pc-faq

It's looking pretty good, most problem area's from the last few titles have been covered.

It's shame they don't have a minimum requirements yet. But I'm sure all that will come in time _b .

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Some video's showing off some of the UI and the currency system which I don't quite understand yet but I'm thinking it will be somewhat similar to Combat Arms currency system _b

http://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/n ... -mp-videos

DRIFTking

Post by DRIFTking » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:18 pm

PRE ORDERED!!!
DRIFTking is my name, DRIFTING is my game

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:00 pm

http://callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=270441 Time for a careful read of this, all looking great, lots of things that have been learnt obviously...till wait, what, oh your not f'n serious

GameServers.com Exclusive: Confirmed
We have partnered with GameServers.com as the exclusive provider of dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Every dedicated server for this title will be running on top quality hardware and infrastructure with excellent bandwidth. There will be a ton of official servers at launch for everyone to play on for free. If you want to run your own server you will be able to rent one at a great price (which will never go higher than $0.99/slot). They are actively adding new server locations and staffing up to meet global demand. If you don’t see your location you can suggest it here: http://www.gameservers.com/blackops/

Yea thats right there'll be dedicated servers allright but at this stage only from gameservers.com.... o_O :ffs:

Tyrone

Post by Tyrone » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:44 pm

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Man . Speechless . .

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Not as bad as MW2 to be honest.

Seems o.k for regular Joe Bloggs who play 30 mins a night.

The people that'll be really affected are the modders and clan member, although they should still have control over the server, just not where it's located

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Obsc3ne wrote: The people that'll be really affected are the modders and clan member, although they should still have control over the server, just not where it's located
>_<

Will still play it although not on the level of cod4. At least it has dedicated servers, unlike mw2 where when I host games my data cap gets dominated.

Some extra additions to this game are different modes found here:
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/216 ... r-matches/

I particularly like the "one in the chamber" one :smokin:
"Fight with only one bullet in the chamber and your knife to keep you safe. Eliminate your enemies to take their bullet and move on."

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Aaron wrote:At least it has dedicated servers, unlike mw2 where when I host games my data cap gets dominated.
I'm pretty sure my standards have dropped since MW2, always liked CoD, so will probably buy, especially after some of the feedback I've read from the online beta of the new MoH

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Obsc3ne wrote:The people that'll be really affected are the modders and clan member, although they should still have control over the server, just not where it's located
I read this (if you read the full content I posted in those links) as there will be many servers (provided by gameservers.com) throughout the world, they request that if you want to rent a server and there is none in your area that you request it and they will try to keep up with demand. So connection to the server's could be quite awesome.

Modders will be looked after later on once the game has worked through any niggles to a final release they will release a modders pack.

No fully dedicated server's is a shame, but I imagine there is a possibility this could change after launch.

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:42 am

Ill just stick to Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 when it comes out next year :)