Call Of Duty: Black Ops

There’s a soldier in all of us
Bull

Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Post by Bull » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Aaron wrote:the values through the .cfg arnt hardcoded they change perfectly fine.
Yeah, I just read in the official forum from JD or whatever his name is that he said even though they change in the console they don't actually change in the file itself. That was prior to the patches though so like I said it could be different now

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Well that's a bug in itself. :larf:
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:34 pm

So that last mission was fully 100 times more awesome than shipment from COD4.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:48 am

Bull wrote:Me and obscene will be on later tonight for some Co Op sas, you will have to be on KSR TS though so you know whats happening!
Did TS drop for you too Bull?
Admire the fur

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:51 am

It did for me twice...but when I joined there was no one on?

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Nearly gave up on this game, what with the lag and the getting owned everywhere, but once I got a decent gun, life got so much easier..still get sick of level 50 tards running around like in god mode..would be nice to play at similar levels to make it more balanced :talker:
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Anyone got any ideas on what this latest patch has fixed or changed? I can't find any official announcement about it even being released but 90% of the people are complaining it's made their game worse. >_<

-Cocaine

Post by -Cocaine » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 pm

im not to computer literate so just wondering do i have basics to run this game ino i need better grapics card but is this stuff ok _b _b _b

:rfactor:Teams-74c GlenEagles 2011
My car looks like hell, Sounds like hell, And generally runs like hell, But it's still fast as hell. :D

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:22 am

System Requirements are as follows

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better
DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
Hard Drive: 12GB*
Sound: DirectX® 9.0c-compatible

What monitor are you running? the res your going to try and run the game at has quite the effect on the ability to run high end games, ie trying to run a game on 1680x1050 has quite different requirements than 2560x1600

The 6600 and 5300 are reasonably similar but would possibly be looking at an upgrade there. Video wise I'm guessing by not listing your running onboard? Can't really go to wrong with video cards these days, if you've got around $300 then you'll be able to get a video card that can run just about everything out there on a 22" monitor, one thing you will have to watch however is the PSU, the specs for the X1700 list a 220W powersupply, there are video cards out there at the moment that would kill that without blinking (mate just fried an 850W running 3 Ati 5850's)

Biggest thing probably is your budget, how much do you have to spend on getting the machine up to speed to run CoD:BO?

Redline

Post by Redline » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:05 pm

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Choose COD BO and it will tell you if you can run it or not.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Found the changelist. But Zombies is still broken and joining off friends in Multiplayer is still epicly screwed up.

Call of Duty: Black Ops
* CPU performance improvements
* Zombie matchmaking improvements
* Fix for locked ADS after pressing shift-TAB to bring up Steam overlay
* Fix for ADS while holding shift as a sniper

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer
* Server browser bug fixes and tweaks to populate faster and do full refresh less often
* Fixed crash when viewing leaderboards if player has more than 99 friends
* Fix for locked ADS after pressing shift-TAB to bring up Steam overlay
* Fix for ADS while holding shift as a sniper

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:13 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:* Fixed crash when viewing leaderboards if player has more than 99 friends
Rifty dosen't have to worry about that one...

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer

LOL and that would be why I get even choppier performance than pre patch... honestly for the amount of time this game has been out the 8mb patch is a bit of a joke. A game such as this should really have at least a patch either on release day or the following day and be a decent sized file. Would love to know the specs of the pc they used to test minimum specs on because it definately wasnt one with the current specs or these problems wouldve been fixed already.

Running a game I am exceeding minimum specs for and getting 10-30 frames during combat with every setting known to help performance is rediculous.

I will now no longer play this game till the performance (the stuttering) is fixed.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Delete your config_mp.cfg file and re-do your settings/configs.

After the latest pach mine was still shit, then I deleted the file to let the game makes its new defaults, presto no lag.

E8500 + 8GB Ram + ATI 5830 (all stock clocks) 1920x1080 4x FSAA and Extra Textures.. a solid 60+fps

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm

I reckon your only getting lag when Bull is playing. Oh wait that's all the time :larf:
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Chris56

Post by Chris56 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Redline wrote:http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Choose COD BO and it will tell you if you can run it or not.

well got the game installed and played alil seen this post my pc failed lol cpu has to be upgraded i have AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550 Processor gee i best to upgrade again
Sexiest Online Racer 1998 to 2009 And Now 2010
The Orange Roughy About to hit Your Bumper!

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 pm

I deleted cfg and played with 1600x900 4xAA full textures and it is okay for a map or two then everytime I either see someone or get shot I stutter. The fps actually seems alright until I am in a fire fight with others.

I use
E8500
Ati 6850
4gb ram

It is frustrating when you die because of consistent stuttery lag when you freeze with the red dot right/ iron sight right on them >_<

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:50 am

Aaron wrote:I deleted cfg and played with 1600x900 4xAA full textures and it is okay for a map or two then everytime I either see someone or get shot I stutter. The fps actually seems alright until I am in a fire fight with others.

I use
E8500
Ati 6850
4gb ram

It is frustrating when you die because of consistent stuttery lag when you freeze with the red dot right/ iron sight right on them >_<
I know the feeling.

I find some maps particularly bad, and others I find nearly no stutter at all on. I find on modes like Demolition and S&D where its more objective based rather then just killing that the stuttering is bad. TDM is by far the worst for stutter, but who would want to play that anyway

Your system is almost identical to mine Aaron, just your GFX card is slightly better

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Haha stutter i wish that were the only issue I had with it....

Some realism would be nice..jumping jacks and instant prone kills are just so stupid....as for the spawn die spawn die dynamic and the game destroying helicopters and rc bombs..well childish is the only polite word i can find for it....starting to think MOH aint so bad accept for snipers and campers with more tents than Dwights Canvas:p

Some balancing would be nice, i assume hosting your own server and setting the rules is the only way, like all level 50 tossers can pluck right off for a start ;p
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Sulley wrote:Haha stutter i wish that were the only issue I had with it....

Some realism would be nice..jumping jacks and instant prone kills are just so stupid....as for the spawn die spawn die dynamic and the game destroying helicopters and rc bombs..well childish is the only polite word i can find for it....starting to think MOH aint so bad accept for snipers and campers with more tents than Dwights Canvas:p

Some balancing would be nice, i assume hosting your own server and setting the rules is the only way, like all level 50 tossers can pluck right off for a start ;p
Everyone threw up a fuss when DICE removed prone and slowed down the jumping mechanic to stop the "Jumping Jacks" etc, and tbh I was a lil against the idea as well, but after going back to BC2 after playing Black Ops its so much more obvious how much more real BC2 is over COD, and much more enjoyable as well.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:19 pm

The helicopters are far too overpowered.

I've had no issues with stutter and only a little bit of lag but the things you mention Sulley are what I have problems with too.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Yes there are some aspects of this game I like to use the term as 'spastic friendly' eg the diving which I first thought was to disadvantage the proners... it doesnt. Another is the knivinig... every version whether it battlefield or cod is getting easier to knive (courtesy of 'lunge') TBH bring back BF2142 knife, you actually have to pull it out then use some skill to get tags... not like BC2 rubbish lunge.

Also some killstreaks are just lame... the RC... so hard to shoot it due to either my lag or bad hitboxes on it... Some maps the user controlled killstreaks are over powered... eg nuketown... killhouse minus the roof anyone? I still get carpet bombed while im on bottom floor inside...

There is one thing that ended up helping somone with the lag... it is to do with the sound and is by no means a 'fix'.. having to disable all sound devices to play a game 'normal' is just plain stupid.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:21 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:The helicopters are far too overpowered.

I've had no issues with stutter and only a little bit of lag but the things you mention Sulley are what I have problems with too.
Equip a secondary to take out helis/uavs etc.. helps a lot.

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:21 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:The helicopters are far too overpowered.

Not really, just use the 2nd air-craft lock-onable launcher and you can take down any chopper within 5 seconds

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:23 pm

Try it on Nuketown when the heli is mowing up the spawn points and racking up kills by the second.