Modern Warfare 2 vs Black Ops

There’s a soldier in all of us
jdrobbie

Modern Warfare 2 vs Black Ops

Post by jdrobbie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi team,

Ive been contemplating buying Black Ops since it has come out but i havent been convinced yet... Ive talked to a couple mates that have got it and there is mixed feelings. Im a big fan of Modern Warfare 2, as i was of COD4 so it would have a lot to live up to in my eyes. I never played W@W because i heard more bad things than good.

Im just putting it out there, is Black Ops better than/as good as/not as good as MW2???
I dont think I will ever be too old to enjoy the smell and burn of methanol... _b

Bull

Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs Black Ops

Post by Bull » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Forget them both, get Bad Company 2.

2LO

Post by 2LO » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:27 am

Considering this is about Call Of Duty, I say flag MW2 and Black Ops aswell as BC2 and get Call Of Duty 4 as by far that is the most popular Call Of Duty game out IMO
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:10 pm

combat arms
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

jdrobbie

Post by jdrobbie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Ive already got COD4 and BC2 for PC and MW2 for PS3... I am a fan of BC2, its a good game with the bigger maps and gun characteristics! Its not so run around and just shoot at anything moving as much as MW2 or COD4 online.
I dont think I will ever be too old to enjoy the smell and burn of methanol... _b

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:31 pm

black ops is better for MP out of the two. The SP is ok but can't stand all the yelling during interrogation crap. BO simply feels better than BC2 and now Vietnam. With the BC2 series the movement is odd and I literally hate the bug of getting stuck against the smallest thing on the ground. This doesn't happen in CoD series. BC2/V is more fun if you are with mates on TS playing as squad/team, however BO isn't so dependent on the squad system and feels more geared around the lone wolf experience unless doing clan matches. The problem i have with BO as it looks and feels like a console game. It's almost too easy to play and doesn't require a lot of thought or skill, just quick reflexes and avoiding servers with cheaters.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:14 pm

That's why i prefer playing Borderlands with three friends..

I haven't touched a wargame in weeks..but still keen to try BC2
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:24 pm

It's not that the game isn't geared towards team play, it's that no-one plays as a team. It's all about the KDR for everyone rather than winning the match (probably not so much the case in S&D but definitely is in DOM).
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Sasquatch wrote:black ops is better for MP out of the two. The SP is ok but can't stand all the yelling during interrogation crap. BO simply feels better than BC2 and now Vietnam. With the BC2 series the movement is odd and I literally hate the bug of getting stuck against the smallest thing on the ground. This doesn't happen in CoD series. BC2/V is more fun if you are with mates on TS playing as squad/team, however BO isn't so dependent on the squad system and feels more geared around the lone wolf experience unless doing clan matches. The problem i have with BO as it looks and feels like a console game. It's almost too easy to play and doesn't require a lot of thought or skill, just quick reflexes and avoiding servers with cheaters.
The reason movement feels odd in BC2 is because theres actually weight in the soldiers! You try sprinting and strafing at the same time and let me know how ya get on :larf:

Only time Ive found Black Ops as enjoyable as the likes of BC2 and COD4 is in scrim matches, when you have your team on Teamspeak and actually working as a team. Other then that, its just another arcade shooter, and I still think the maps are too small. COD 4 had bigger maps then Black Ops.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:47 am

KSR Aaza wrote:It's not that the game isn't geared towards team play, it's that no-one plays as a team. It's all about the KDR for everyone rather than winning the match (probably not so much the case in S&D but definitely is in DOM).
agreed...but ya get that on public servers in every game unless teamed up with mates.

Bull wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:black ops is better for MP out of the two. The SP is ok but can't stand all the yelling during interrogation crap. BO simply feels better than BC2 and now Vietnam. With the BC2 series the movement is odd and I literally hate the bug of getting stuck against the smallest thing on the ground. This doesn't happen in CoD series. BC2/V is more fun if you are with mates on TS playing as squad/team, however BO isn't so dependent on the squad system and feels more geared around the lone wolf experience unless doing clan matches. The problem i have with BO as it looks and feels like a console game. It's almost too easy to play and doesn't require a lot of thought or skill, just quick reflexes and avoiding servers with cheaters.
The reason movement feels odd in BC2 is because theres actually weight in the soldiers! You try sprinting and strafing at the same time and let me know how ya get on :larf:

Only time Ive found Black Ops as enjoyable as the likes of BC2 and COD4 is in scrim matches, when you have your team on Teamspeak and actually working as a team. Other then that, its just another arcade shooter, and I still think the maps are too small. COD 4 had bigger maps then Black Ops.
Not sure if there is 'weight' in BO BUT, if you carry a m60 with a flak jacket and no handling perk, you move considerably slower than someone with a smaller/lighter gun and no body armour. There are differences to speed and movement depending on the perks and gear you kit out with... I've also found that the time it takes to bring a gun up from your hip to your shoulder (aiming through your sights) takes much longer with some of the bigger, heavier, longer, weapons than say - the sub machine guns or pistols. IMO it is somehow compensated within the game. Weapon damage/accuracy modeling is slightly better in BO.

There are a few maps in BO that are much bigger than COD4 maps, but they are not always in rotation on many of the OZ public servers. Don't get me wrong, BC2/v is a good game and i'm sure whoever buys this game will at least get some enjoyment out of it if they enjoy FPS... However, BO brings that very very fast/intense adrenalin rush that BC2/v does bring but not on the same level or intensity (probably due to the map size differences and game mission modes). This isn't for everyone so, each to his own i guess.... The two things that really suck about BO is; 1. choppers 2. hackers (vac is terrible)

I suggest, watch some youtube vids or try demo's before buying.
Admire the fur

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
KSR Aaza wrote:It's not that the game isn't geared towards team play, it's that no-one plays as a team. It's all about the KDR for everyone rather than winning the match (probably not so much the case in S&D but definitely is in DOM).
agreed...but ya get that on public servers in every game unless teamed up with mates.

Bull wrote:

Not sure if there is 'weight' in BO BUT, if you carry a m60 with a flak jacket and no handling perk, you move considerably slower than someone with a smaller/lighter gun and no body armour. There are differences to speed and movement depending on the perks and gear you kit out with... I've also found that the time it takes to bring a gun up from your hip to your shoulder (aiming through your sights) takes much longer with some of the bigger, heavier, longer, weapons than say - the sub machine guns or pistols. IMO it is somehow compensated within the game. Weapon damage/accuracy modeling is slightly better in BO.

There are a few maps in BO that are much bigger than COD4 maps, but they are not always in rotation on many of the OZ public servers. Don't get me wrong, BC2/v is a good game and i'm sure whoever buys this game will at least get some enjoyment out of it if they enjoy FPS... However, BO brings that very very fast/intense adrenalin rush that BC2/v does bring but not on the same level or intensity (probably due to the map size differences and game mission modes). This isn't for everyone so, each to his own i guess.... The two things that really suck about BO is; 1. choppers 2. hackers (vac is terrible)

I suggest, watch some youtube vids or try demo's before buying.
I was not meaning the weapon weights, I meant the actual Soldier. As I said, Black Ops you can run around jumping and diving and strafing all while sprinting, if you can honestly tell me people in real life can do that then Ill be damned.

The movement in BC2 is more true-to life. Ill agree with you on the weapon weights and weapon models though :)

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:08 am

Bull wrote:I was not meaning the weapon weights, I meant the actual Soldier. As I said, Black Ops you can run around jumping and diving and strafing all while sprinting, if you can honestly tell me people in real life can do that then Ill be damned.

The movement in BC2 is more true-to life. Ill agree with you on the weapon weights and weapon models though :)
I was doing a single player campaign in BC2 earlier on and was sprinting just as fast with a MG as I was with the F2000 :larf: .
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:53 am

Harding Jr wrote:
Bull wrote:I was not meaning the weapon weights, I meant the actual Soldier. As I said, Black Ops you can run around jumping and diving and strafing all while sprinting, if you can honestly tell me people in real life can do that then Ill be damned.

I was doing a single player campaign in BC2 earlier on and was sprinting just as fast with a MG as I was with the F2000 :larf: .
Like I just said Harding, I agree with Sasquatch about the weapon weights and models being better on COD ... you gisborners should read better :larf:

Im just saying the actual soldier weight + movement is better in BC2 then COD

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:04 am

But can you instant prone and shoot opponent in the head or jump like a flea (:

Took most of the fun outta of it for me, so i played MoH more than COD BO, until the tents got too much :D

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Sulley wrote:But can you instant prone and shoot opponent in the head or jump like a flea (:

Took most of the fun outta of it for me, so i played MoH more than COD BO, until the tents got too much :D
Nothing wrong with going prone _b .... sprinting, jump, dive, prone, shoot/kill does take (shall i say it? wtf here it goes) skill. You try hitting all those key combinations while keeping the cross hairs squarely on your target's melon and dodging his bullets, while he is 'pray and spray' hoping to drop you and think to himself 'nOOb - got ya b****' ;p As my learned friend Bull has pointed out BO isn't realistic, and he is correct. But to say BC2 or MOH is more realistic, is just plain silly. Each game has their own 'flare' of so called reality and thus each to his own. Armed Assault II + expansions and/or it commercial cousin, is the closest thing to 'realism' with regards to FPS to be played on a pc..... However, full on 'realism' isn't always fun hence weapon balancing, structure balance, vehicle balance, visual aids, no weapon jams, no weapon maintenance, no equipment failures, chopper pilots equipped with parachutes etc etc etc can make a "GAME" frustration or boring.... to be realistic, when was the last time your avatar had to take leak up against a tree ;)
Admire the fur

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Err hello My Whippy..anyone home....

Did I say more realistic, no..more fun..yes..I find the mechanics of MOH more fun than BO, especially when playing on a NO Snipers server..even better on the rare occassion you find some team mates acting in a coordinated way...The Airfield can be either great fun or great frustration...some of the maps are crap though..the Helman Valley or whatevr its called is not bad...

BO just not my sort thing, twitch fighting too frustrating for this ole man... :D

Ultra real is not my desire..fun to play is the idea..mindless childish fragfest is so lame and should be relegated to Quake 57 or whatever the latest childrens game is up to... ;p

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:53 pm

:larf: too true..i just threw in that 'realism' thing in for Bull ;) but yeah, i generally loose on the 'twitch' fights. Therefore, i camp a lot :D
Admire the fur

Boony

Post by Boony » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 am

Bull wrote: I was not meaning the weapon weights, I meant the actual Soldier. As I said, Black Ops you can run around jumping and diving and strafing all while sprinting, if you can honestly tell me people in real life can do that then Ill be damned.

You haven't meet Hicks then.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:24 am

Gonna prob sell Black Ops..zero interest now

Anyone still play BC2, should I get that instead??

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:51 am

Heaps of the KSR boys still play. _b

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:38 pm

i play it, but still thrash black ops.. There are a lot of ozzie servers to play on and zombies is refreshing at times.
Admire the fur

Boony

Post by Boony » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:14 am

Sasquatch wrote:i play it, but still thrash black ops.. There are a lot of ozzie servers to play on and zombies is refreshing at times.
Must have a zombie night sas. that would be fun.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Boony wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:i play it, but still thrash black ops.. There are a lot of ozzie servers to play on and zombies is refreshing at times.
keen for a bash?
Admire the fur

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Sasquatch wrote:
Boony wrote:
keen for a bash?
I would be but you normally don't show!

Set a night, Ill have to patch all my game up etc

mika 264

Post by mika 264 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:54 am

mw2 better imo
Stand up for what is right, even if you are standing alone!