CoD4 scrimmage night

There’s a soldier in all of us
Sasquatch

CoD4 scrimmage night

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Howdy

How does Thursday nights grab ya for a regular KSR vs SCu scrimmaging night? This doesn't necessarily mean KSR vs SCu every Thursday, but mixing up the players randomly each Thursday for some crazy fun. This will happen from 9pm onwards.

Official kick off is next Thursday 7/2/8. I would like the game play to change each and every meet, like; Level of difficulty changes; New maps; new type of game play modes (ie capture the flag) that sort of thing. I believe this gives the players something new with a little randomness to look forward to each week. New maps will be exciting as everyone learns at the same time where all the choke points are, and sweet snipering positions lay.

Tis will be 1 night a week scrimmage with no real emphasis on winning or loosing - just lots of laughs and fun.

We have use of an Inspire server thanks to Riven. And since its passworded and only KSR and SCU dudes play on it, we can keep PB off until everyone has sorted their problems with PB.

I for 1 would like to keep the server RANKED. For those who haven't unlocked everything, or gained all the perks, it makes it worth their while playing to gain XP.

I can't say this enough; Boony has been putting in a lot of hours researching and testing CoD4 server and mod options. He has come up with and found some really interesting settings that either accentuates the current game play or changes it to a more enjoyable level.

Now for your part; voice here all the things you want to see in CoD4, and things you don’t want. For example:

Keep weapon balance same but remove crosshairs
Weapons on Veteran but with Hud, minimap, and crosshairs on
Remove minimap unless UAV is up
Remove weapon unlocks
Remove or limit PERKS ie last stand and martyrdom
Remove the ability to Bunny Hop and shoot at the same time
Auto punish campers
No tags on players
No picking up of weapons unless same type.
Limit of 1 grenade / 1 special grenade per player

AND something I’ve been looking to see for a while now.. An actual night mission map that you MUST use night vision to actually see anything.

The above are just some examples. Please voice your opinions and suggestions.
Admire the fur

Bull

Re: CoD4 scrimmage night

Post by Bull » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:34 pm

Id like to see the 1 grenade limit rule, hate Nade Spammers.

Would love Hardcore mode with no Killcam

Get rid of Last stand/Marty Perks, and if you can get rid of P90's and Noob Tubes.

Id like to try a few different maps we haven't played on so far, and some custom maps sound great too.

Chur

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:37 pm

Noob tubes???

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:50 pm

good ideas, my preferences:

no minimap (unless UAV is circling overhead of course)
no crosshair - iron sights only
1 gren only
no noob tubes
ranked, use what guns you have earned so far
no martyrdom
a selection of maps which people prefer the most (like overgrown :D)
no perks (even stevens for all)
allow tags on players (it's nice to know who it is so you can talk to them thru Team Speak if they are on it)
remove bunny hopping
allow any weapon pickup.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Noob Tube = Grenade Launcher Attatchment

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:07 pm

I agree with Bazzil's but I'd also like Last Stand taken off. Not fussed on Perk's being on or off.
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:20 pm

BAZZIL wrote:good ideas, my preferences:

1 gren only
no Bazzil tubes
ranked, with any guns you like and no restriction placed on weapons
no matyrdom
allow tags on players (it's nice to know who it is so you can talk to them thru Team Speak if they are on it)
remove bunny hopping
allow any weapon pickup.
Not sure if you can go ranked with all weapons as believe thats the point of a ranked server (may be completely wrong though), but happy as long as everyone has access to what everyone else has...level playing feild
Martydom off def

Eladd

Post by Eladd » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:34 pm

Bull wrote:Noob Tube = Grenade Launcher Attatchment
So what are you saying - You haven't enjoyed hitting the enemy point blank in the chest knocking them back dead with a satisfying THUD! or taking someone out on at the other end of the street or open area!!! It has its moments but I cant say I use it all the time!

Yet I must agree when first starting out. Untill you got used to any of the weapons, the Grenade Launcher did seem the easiest way to get a kill! In that respect = Noob Tube!

As for any of the other stuff - Anything goes is fine by me. The more realistic the better!

Boony

Post by Boony » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:30 pm

I'm not fussed what we do. I prefer iron sights coz i hate getting shoot by some twat on the other side of the map.

I also don't think it will matter to much as we don't use PB on our scrim server. We can always run a test server with the pure option turned off, (some options will still run on a ranked server).

If we want to run some of the new maps we will have to run them on a modded server. which means all weapons/perks are available to be used anyway. If you are unsure you can always make another profile to use IF we decide to play with a mod running.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:25 am

Jetboy wrote:
BAZZIL wrote:good ideas, my preferences:

1 gren only
no Bazzil tubes
ranked, with any guns you like and no restriction placed on weapons
no matyrdom
remove bunny hopping
allow any weapon pickup.
Not sure if you can go ranked with all weapons as believe thats the point of a ranked server (may be completely wrong though), but happy as long as everyone has access to what everyone else has...level playing feild
Martydom off def
Soz, I meant use whatever guns u have available.
But in saying that, it would be good if everything was open and anyone could use what ever gun they wanted.
Boom Boom !

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:46 am

I'd like to see the KSR guys manning up. No post in our forums from you guys after you lost. No good sports in this forum? Do you guys realise the effort Sasquatch is putting into organising these KSR beatings. :larf:
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:51 am

Bazzil, could you sticky this thread please.

Its interesting to see the differences in opinion between KSR and SCU about this topic. Keep the suggestions and opinions flowing _b

Boony and I require two members from KSR to assist with testing and decision making on how the next round will be played. This will take about an an hour out of your life sometime next week... Lets see some hands :wave:
Admire the fur

Growler

Post by Growler » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:57 am

Mattly wrote:I'd like to see the KSR guys manning up. No post in our forums from you guys after you lost. No good sports in this forum? Do you guys realise the effort Sasquatch is putting into organising these KSR beatings. :larf:
At least we turn up!!!

Growler.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:05 pm

Mattly wrote:I'd like to see the KSR guys manning up. No post in our forums from you guys after you lost. No good sports in this forum? Do you guys realise the effort Sasquatch is putting into organising these KSR beatings. :larf:
Yus, we gave you chaps the thanks when we let you guys win on Tuesday :) hehehe :Party:
Boom Boom !

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Boony wrote:We know why we beat them, They couldn't shoot straight, Must be hard lining someone up with a steering wheel :p
:laughabove:
Admire the fur

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:44 am

Wasn't half the team made up of KSR guys anyway?
Inspector

---

KSR 199p
Cowshed Racing

Post by KSR 199p » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:58 pm

Some good idea's. Im not to fussed about things aslong as the teams are even (not just numbers even but skill aswell).
Also not worries about the tube as no1 really uses it anyway.
I think the purks being off would be bad idea and i would rather see it that all purks are open to use insted of being off, Its still even and you get to choose what sutes you best.

Quote: Bull: Get rid of Last stand/Marty Perks, and if you can get rid of P90's and Noob Tubes.

Whats wrong with last stand? Its the funny as to get someone with your trusty handgun just when they thought they had ya, and also the P90? Should we all have the same gun? Should i not be allowed to use the Saw because it goes through walls?

Just seems wrong to put restrictions on guns, i like bazzil's idea where the guns are free all unlocked.
*Winner of the 2007 New Zealand Stockcar GP*
1st NZNL Teams league (voda)
2nd NZNL League overall
Team member of the championship winning Cowshed Racing NZrFL v8 Season 2
KINGS Captain

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:33 pm

I use last stand a lot myself, but theres nothing worst then just putting a nice shot on someone to walk off and then get shot by there Deagle or whichever pistol they have.

Also for the P90, it shoots too quick/too powerful, and if both players are evenly skilled in a close combat situation the P90 will come out on top.

Chur

Boony

Post by Boony » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:40 pm

Inspector wrote:

Wasn't half the team made up of KSR guys anyway?
Yes half the KSR team was made up of KSR players. Bazzil counts as 2 though.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:36 am

And I confused things considerably by starting as KSR target and finishing as a SCu bullet magnet.
YouTube videos

Boony

Post by Boony » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:25 am

KSR 199p wrote:Some good idea's. Im not to fussed about things aslong as the teams are even (not just numbers even but skill aswell).
Also not worries about the tube as no1 really uses it anyway.
I think the purks being off would be bad idea and i would rather see it that all purks are open to use insted of being off, Its still even and you get to choose what sutes you best.

Quote: Bull: Get rid of Last stand/Marty Perks, and if you can get rid of P90's and Noob Tubes.

Whats wrong with last stand? Its the funny as to get someone with your trusty handgun just when they thought they had ya, and also the P90? Should we all have the same gun? Should i not be allowed to use the Saw because it goes through walls?

Just seems wrong to put restrictions on guns, i like bazzil's idea where the guns are free all unlocked.
Idea was to use any weapon but with no red dot, or Acog just that weapons basic iron sight, gets everyone down there trying to capture the flag/point instead of hanging back. With last stand just put a extra bullet in them when they are on their way down, or shot them in the head, last stand is not meant to work with a head shot.

As i said before, if you run a unranked game ALL guns and perks become available, it is up to host running the server what restrictions are put in place.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:24 pm

UPDATE

With the next match set for tomorrow at 9pm and without being able to adequately to do some thorough testing, I thought we could put it on TDM for tomorrow.

KSR will be top and SCu bottom.
FF set to reflective
ALL maps to rotate
800 victory point win
auto balance off
Normal game mode with all perks and weapons available if you have the rank.

I'd like to make this a best of 9 series just to keep a little competitiveness among friends ;) If 1 team is short 2 or more players (and is loosing) other team must send over other players to even the teams on the next map rotation.

show up 15 min early. Hope to see a good turn out... Good luck everyone !
Admire the fur

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:31 pm

What version. 1.4 or 1.5?

Growler.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:50 pm

sounds good.
Boom Boom !

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:57 pm

Growler wrote:What version. 1.4 or 1.5?

Growler.

I've updated to 1.5, so I'm hoping its 1.5
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.