CoD4 scrimmage night

There’s a soldier in all of us
Sasquatch

Re: CoD4 scrimmage night

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Its looking like we are playing this Thursday.

Game type: CTF
Game mode: Standard

When you login into the KSR server it will automatically download 2 files. They come down real slow but they are very small files. So, go get a beer, tea, coffee, or whatever and by the time you get back they should be installed and you be ready to pick guns and perks. Remember the KSR server will be unranked for CTF.

Here are some screens of what to expect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Admire the fur

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:29 am

Its all on for tonight. Mattly won't be joining us so you'll just have to settle with pwning me and rubbing it in :D

If the numbers are very low on both sides then we can all jump onto another server, as previoiusly suggested. However, there has been enough voting to indicate there should be a minimum of 7 members per side. That should slow down the game slightly.

Good luck :dazed:
Admire the fur

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:23 am

I'm gonna try and make it tonight. Although, I may be rather rusty, it's been a while since I whipped out my weapon and waved it in anyones face... :spjedi:
Don't make me destroy you.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:17 am

I won't b there tonight as I'll be in HB :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:21 am

Skuzzlebutt wrote:it's been a while since I whipped out my weapon and waved it in anyones face... :spjedi:
8o
Admire the fur

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:I'm gonna try and make it tonight. Although, I may be rather rusty, it's been a while since I whipped out my weapon and waved it in anyones face... :spjedi:
Bet you say that to all the boys
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:56 pm

I should be there proping up the KSR side as usual.
By the looks of it I could be the only one there....:tumbleweed: :kickcan: :sniper:

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:24 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:I'm gonna try and make it tonight. Although, I may be rather rusty, it's been a while since I whipped out my weapon and waved it in anyones face... :spjedi:
I thank Allah for His Mercy that I will be working with Dobbo and Sports Tonight and miss Skuzz whipping out his weapon and waving it around. Didn't you end up having a daughter last time you tried that trick ?
YouTube videos

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:26 pm

I'll be there too!

I don't pass up an opportunity to pwn Sasquatch if I have the choice :)

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:01 pm

Growler wrote:I should be there proping up the KSR side as usual.
By the looks of it I could be the only one there....:tumbleweed: :kickcan: :sniper:
No, no. I make it three. :D
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:42 pm

Prometheus wrote: I thank Allah for His Mercy that I will be working with Dobbo and Sports Tonight and miss Skuzz whipping out his weapon and waving it around. Didn't you end up having a daughter last time you tried that trick ?
Allah can't save you from my mighty weapon. :bazooka:

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:48 pm

ok i am getting concerned with skuzz and prom's posts ;p

Bold - i'll be looking for you on the maps buddy }8D

I think i am going to put out a challenge to KSR... Anyone to knife me 5+ times on the same map gets bragging and dis'g rights about me for 1 week in the forums..I'll take it like a good little B**** :D Since Mattly has chicken s***ed out tonight, its up to me to take the abuse ;p

Just a reminder... if numbers are not preset (fingers crossed we have a good turn out) we'll be mixing teams and if still too low, we'll jump to a public server.

Once again, a huge thanks to Boony for the countless hours he has spent in research and testing of cod4. And another round of greezing to Riven for sorting out the server. Cheers guys, we all appreciate the time and effort _b
Admire the fur

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:12 pm

Sasquatch wrote:I think i am going to put out a challenge to KSR... Anyone to knife me 5+ times on the same map gets bragging and dis'g rights about me for 1 week in the forums..I'll take it like a good little B**** :D Since Mattly has chicken s***ed out tonight, its up to me to take the abuse ;p
4.....sh*t....so close....that spawn protection bollocks was getting right on my nerves (5 seconds was way to long IMO), run up to someone, knife.....nothing....then they start shooting....and its Sas....feck

There is a mod out somewhere that allows the spawn protection but as soon as you click fire its off, also one that makes you invisible till you move a certain distance....will try and remember to prod johnny and get the server settings etc that we're using up onto the KSR Server for a week

KSR 199p
Cowshed Racing

Post by KSR 199p » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:23 pm

Jetboy wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:I think i am going to put out a challenge to KSR... Anyone to knife me 5+ times on the same map gets bragging and dis'g rights about me for 1 week in the forums..I'll take it like a good little B**** :D Since Mattly has chicken s***ed out tonight, its up to me to take the abuse ;p
4.....sh*t....so close....that spawn protection bollocks was getting right on my nerves (5 seconds was way to long IMO), run up to someone, knife.....nothing....then they start shooting....and its Sas....feck
I got about 4 or 5 (maybe) in the 1st round i bleave, was close anyway
*Winner of the 2007 New Zealand Stockcar GP*
1st NZNL Teams league (voda)
2nd NZNL League overall
Team member of the championship winning Cowshed Racing NZrFL v8 Season 2
KINGS Captain

Boony

Post by Boony » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:28 pm

Jetboy wrote:

There is a mod out somewhere that allows the spawn protection but as soon as you click fire its off, also one that makes you invisible till you move a certain distance....will try and remember to prod johnny and get the server settings etc that we're using up onto the KSR Server for a week
Can do that with this mod. I can change it to invisable next to see how much of a difference it makes. But i don't see a difference. You wait 5 secs or move 20 feet same thing really.

We didn't get the files to Riven until last night so he did pretty quickly.
I screwed up a couple of settings as I forgot to change them back before giving Riven the cfg files.

Next one I will try and get to work is Hold the Flag. Flag does not seem to show up. In this there is only one flag to fight over.

Good night again though.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:01 pm

Thanks guys...had great fun tonight. Was good to get back to the killin again :)

Loved those settings...all except for the spawn protection bit. I think it killed me more than it protected me :D

Boony

Post by Boony » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:33 am

Skuzzlebutt wrote:Thanks guys...had great fun tonight. Was good to get back to the killin again :)

Loved those settings...all except for the spawn protection bit. I think it killed me more than it protected me :D
We brought than in to try and stop the people getting killed straight away by air strikes. It does take a little bit of getting used to. We have a couple more settings for handling SpwanPro.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:56 am

What a game _b Every 2nd word coming out of my mouth was foul :p I think i was shooting blanks the entire night >_<

I was killed so many times by so many peeps i lost count on who was killing me the most >:[ But i think 199P got me 5 times or more on the first map. If he didn't, it sure felt like it :crazy: Growler...you and that f*****g last stand :blazze: :)

The teams were very well balanced. The level of play has drastically increased as well. I for one am finding it very hard now to rack up kills.
Spawn protection does take some getting used to. Some settings still need tweaking. Give us your input and suggestions.

Next week we want to introduce a new map. Watch this space for more info.

To all that showed, thanks for playing and i hope everyone found the experience enjoyable 8)
Admire the fur

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Thanks Sasquatch and Boony for the new game settings - changed things around a bit and stopped all those annoying spawn and dead again kills.
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:12 am

Was anyone at KSR experiencing odd/strange behavior of not getting kills but were getting hits and firing first? As if bullets were going through peeps without spawn protection on? Grenades not getting kills?
Admire the fur

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 am

Ten Hutt Ladies ! Here are this weeks settings for CoD4... I am hoping for a good turn out by KSR...

Its CTF again with improved settings.

here is the map rotation:

Ambush
Bog
Crossfire
Strike
Overgrown

If one side captures the flag 4 times its a win for that team. Points for capturing a flag is 20 times more rewarding. 1 round per map... Spawn protection (5 seconds) is on but instantly cancels the moment you pull the trigger. This will have benifits and draw backs. The map selection consists of much bigger maps so spawn protection confusion shouldn't be a problem.

Get your arses into gear ladies and I'll see ya on the field!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Admire the fur

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:56 am

Sounds good. Glad to see points for capturing the flag are bumped up...it's a tough, dirty job after all :D Sadly I have a work thing I have to attend from 7:30...but naturally will try and slip quietly out the back door after showing my face for 20-30 minutes }8D

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:50 pm

Good games tonight lads

KSR are back to their best again :)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:51 pm

Thanks for the games lads, was good fun :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Boony

Post by Boony » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:15 am

BAZZIL wrote:Thanks for the games lads, was good fun :)
How did you find spawn protection this week. I left at 5 secs but if you fired it came off.
Can you remember if you threw any nades? and if so did spwan pro stay on.