CoD4 scrimmage night

There’s a soldier in all of us
Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Re: CoD4 scrimmage night

Post by Bold » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:46 am

Yes good games last night.

Another fine win by KSR again ;p Yes flag caps are what counts, not map wins ;p

Was a shame to see SCu run and hide as soon as they started loosing the tie break map as well :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the new maps!

Boony

Post by Boony » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:57 am

Bold wrote:Yes good games last night.

Another fine win by KSR again ;p Yes flag caps are what counts, not map wins ;p

Was a shame to see SCu run and hide as soon as they started loosing the tie break map as well :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the new maps!
It was quite funny filming through spectator mode. For a while everyone i turn to film, got killed with in 10 secs.

On the map Citystreets i think it was, It was funny watching Jetboy I think run the same way 3 times and capture the flag, I had my TS mute as to not give anything away.

Viewing it though we weren't the only ones holding back Bold, KSR had some snipers at the back on a few maps and flag defenders as well.

Good game though.

For next week we will use the new config file and we will run Karkand and another map in HQ mode. I now have about 13 maps to choose from so we will be adding some in every week. To keep the down load to about 50-70 mb.

I don't think anyone wants to download about 700mb worth of maps in one go.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:08 pm

Yes, good games, a good bit of fun :)
You guys defended well on 'ambush' - we sucked on that one :D

It was good to see Biteme turn up, I don't care if we loose games, as long as I get to shoot bite :D

For the maps, are you able to stick them in seperate downloads for each map? I had to download 2 maps last night but I already had one of them :(
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Boony

Post by Boony » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:26 pm

BAZZIL wrote: For the maps, are you able to stick them in seperate downloads for each map? I had to download 2 maps last night but I already had one of them :(
This week I will sending Sas all the maps I have, about 13.
That would come down to Riven who was generous to host these files for us this week. I'm sure you could persude him to do this Bazzil ;)

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:41 pm

Boony wrote:Viewing it though we weren't the only ones holding back Bold, KSR had some snipers at the back on a few maps and flag defenders as well.
No no, I don't mean the camping, that's quite all right on a ctf map, and expected practice really.

I mean the 5th map, train yard one. You were all there happily playing, until we had a cap and then you all started quiting and calling it a night ;p

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:51 pm

at 10pm (exactly) we lost 4-5 guys. some of us hung around for a few minutes but it became hopeless as we were short handed, so we called it a night.
Admire the fur

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:10 pm

Sasquatch wrote:Good game last night lads. I counted it at 2 - 2 for our first tie.

I f***ed up and forgot to send Riven the configuration file the other day :rolleyes: So, if anyone was unhappy with playing last weeks game I am to be flamed and nobody else :nuke:

Did anyone manage to knife me more than 5 times in 1 map? I think Jetboy came close but I wasn't counting :dazed: Recording with FRAPS and playing does not work. My frame rate dropped to about 15 D:

It was a great turn out and glad to see lots of KSR dudes showed up.
I think in FRAPS you can set you frame rate to what ever you want, but it does hurt fame play. I did a bit of capturing to, its not that great though, just me running around and didn't shot lots. Also it is a funny res, also squashed up, so not that good at all.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:04 pm

Yeah Fraps can be a bit of a game performance killer. If you really want to play and record, try dropping the settings to 1/2 sized and 15 fps, and set the record directory to a different drive from COD. The half sized resizes the video recorded which makes a touch easier on any system tryingg to display at 1440 res and above.

Phuck knows what happened to my PB last night, I couldn't connect to any server anywhere :ffs: , so spent the night re-installing and re-patching and now I can connect, it's just a day late. So someone else had to be the bullet magnet.
YouTube videos

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:29 pm

no we just did without one player :) we needed you prom, it's why it wasn't 4 nil :)
Boom Boom !

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:32 am

Yo, 1st post updated over at

http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/v ... 65#p135865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This week will be the first trial of a new map. Its big to say the least big, but sharp shooters will be in heaven. Word of advice, try to stay off the streets as much as possible. If you must I suggest lots of zig zagging or stay in the buildings.

Next week we'll try a couple more maps then call a vote shortly afterwards. We either keep the maps, try more new ones, or we go back to vanilla and ranked server. Some people are still working through their ranks and have expressed that we go back to vanilla so they can rank up. Others have expressed the game doesn't feel like CoD4 anymore, or there are too many problems associated with it now. Either way, the players will choose after next Thursday nights scrimage. By that time it is possible there maybe 4 new 'official' maps to keep the game interesting. Eitherway, the majority of the spoken players will decide what they want.
Admire the fur

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:56 am

Is this still happening tonight or has SCU given up?

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:59 am

I'm out of town, so cant make it tonight :(

Boony

Post by Boony » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:52 pm

Growler wrote:Is this still happening tonight or has SCU given up?
At the moment I'm tied up trying to get our Arma server going again so I won't be here this week.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:15 pm

Anything going on this week?

Perhaps if SCu are sick of loosing we can Jump on a public server or something :)

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Working AGAIN :mad: :Puke:

Good luck ladies.
YouTube videos

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:17 pm

COD4 nights look to be over, SCU seem to have packed it in :/
Boom Boom !

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:54 pm

I wish I didn't work so I could join in, ahhhhhh the long nights spent accumulating points to get the ultimate n00b killer the P90 :larf:

Boony

Post by Boony » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:53 am

I think some of our guys have turned Thursdays in to a PS3 night. Currently I don't have enough time to oragnise it while trying to sort out our Arma night as well.
I'll have a chat with Sas.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:26 am

Isn't it great how we have so many forums to read and some people go off and make their own plans without informing those on the other forums ;p