rFactor 2 - first screenshots

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
Growler

rFactor 2 - first screenshots

Post by Growler » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:08 pm

As well as the shot of Spa 69 I posted earlier, here is supposed to be the first car shot.
This is all still speculation but looks promising!

From the souce:
The item about the first ever screenshot of ISI’s upcoming rFactor 2 has created quite a buzz - Here’s more to keep the craze going as I stumbled across what looks to be the first ever car preview of the new simulation.

We get to see the Panoz Roadster, sitting in the simulation’s showroom. In the lower right, the typical rFactor upgrade-option selections can be seen. As soon as there’s something new on rFactor 2 you can find it here. Until then, keep the speculations going
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hawkins

Re: rFactor 2 - first screenshots

Post by hawkins » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 am

what i hear through the grapevine is rfactor2 is only to be released to " race teams " ie for car set ups and driver training etc ?

however this may be wrong and i very much hope it is ... but thats what i have heard from a few people from different areas !
WELLINGTONWILDCATS BRINGING BACK THE BIFF

When life throws you a curve , Slam it down a gear and hit the apex harder !!!!!

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:29 am

i just hope it isn't a "pay by month" type game...
Admire the fur

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:36 am

hawkins wrote:what i hear through the grapevine is rfactor2 is only to be released to " race teams " ie for car set ups and driver training etc ?

however this may be wrong and i very much hope it is ... but thats what i have heard from a few people from different areas !
I believe that is rFactor Pro is the one you are talking about.
rFactor 2 is the one for general release.

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:49 am

Three more snippits!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:36 pm

IMHO from the supplied screenshots it doesn't look much (any) better in the graphics department?
Halo Racing

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Stuff the graphics, if it another ice rink physics model then forget it...... O_o
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

sellarb4

Post by sellarb4 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Its a bit under whelming @ the moment.
I do hope most of their time has been spent re working the physics.
ISI guys have been signed up to iRacing so they know where the bar is at.

Blenderer

Post by Blenderer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:55 pm

An interview with Gjon Camaj of ISI about rFactor & rFactor 2 is included in episode 31 & 32 of Inside Sim Racing. These are from late last year....

Episode 31

Episode 32

If You Are In Control, You Are Not Going Fast Enough!

Growler

Post by Growler » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Some tidbit updates:

Not keen on the "pay to use" option like iRacing if that is the way they are going...but if it is a "pay for mods" option then I may warm to that.

Gjon Camaj is slowly shedding some light on several things by releasing interesting updates on Twitter. If you´re not following the rFactor 2 tweets, here are some facts you may have missed: rFactor mods will theoreticly be compatible to rFactor 2 as ISI encourages modders to convert their created content. Even though no details on the required procedure have been given, Camaj points out that converting the mods won’t be a drag & drop process.

Another interesting update mentions a new rights management system. Does anybody have any clue what this might be about? It could be that ISI is preparing the new title for paid content. Even though there have not been any pay mod and just a handful of pay tracks for rFactor, this may be because of the current lack of a copy-protection system for such content. Also mentioned is multi-head support for more than three screens as well as work on the new UI.

This is badly needed as rFactor probably has the worst UI of all simulation titles currently available. The final update confirms another much requested feature as fine-tuning work on driver animations are mentioned. No more fake arms, glued to the steering wheel

sellarb4

Post by sellarb4 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:56 pm

Theres no way they will go down the subscription route or have a system where you pay for mods, that would remove the niche that rFactor has.
I would say the rights management system is a way of protecting the work of modders so they don't see their work ripped into other mods or games.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:40 am

Growler wrote:rFactor mods will theoreticly be compatible to rFactor 2 as ISI encourages modders to convert their created content. Even though no details on the required procedure have been given, Camaj points out that converting the mods won’t be a drag & drop process.
Pay for mods isn't that bad, I've done heaps of pay for mods for flight sim. Quality costs, and for a few $$ you get a high quality working model. I'd certainly pay for high quality mods and tracks that come from known companies / sources.

The bit about having rF2 mods being compatible with rF2 mods sounds like the pain there was for flight simmers. By forcing the game engine to accept older mods, you're immediately limiting what the game can do - and the older mods (for FS) needed so much modifications to get them to work in the end it was just easier to develop and get (buy) new ones. It was a pain the bum for us flight simmers when MS went from FS2004 to FSX.

Still, the graphics do look nice on rF2 _b
YouTube videos

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:18 pm

Growler wrote:burble burble burble :)
This is badly needed as rFactor probably has the worst UI of all simulation titles currently available. The final update confirms another much requested feature as fine-tuning work on driver animations are mentioned. No more fake arms, glued to the steering wheel[/i]
Not that bad really. The defualt setup was better ordinary, but some of the mods fixed that quite quickly.

Arms? WGAS :)

sellarb4 wrote:Theres no way they will go down the subscription route or have a system where you pay for mods, that would remove the niche that rFactor has.
I would say the rights management system is a way of protecting the work of modders so they don't see their work ripped into other mods or games.

_b _b
So many filchers out there. I made some wheels quite some time ago for christ only know what and I have now seen them in 3 different little mods. My name - no sign of it. Concerned? not about those, but I am concerned about someone taking credit for the work I currenly have on my drive.
Looks like I will be paying so I can lock my GMT's, but Im really more conerned about ppl ripping textures. If we can lock the .Mas files I would be Stoked!........

There are several things in here that will be of major use to the dirt track communitee. Really will bring it to life.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:40 pm

This is looking better all the time. Modern GPL anyone?

ISI’s Gjon Camaj has released another screenshot of their upcoming rFactor 2 simulation. The shot showing what seems to be a historic Formula Two car at Spa Francorchamps 1969, this is the very first time we get to see a rFactor 2 car in-game.

In the meantime, Gjon has also been giving some interesting new info via Twitter, announcing that rFactor 2’s tracks will have physically modelled bumps, dips and micro-deformations which can be modelled from scanned data, MAX script or by hand.

Furthermore, it has also been confirmed that there will be the same modding tools for the community as with rFactor, giving every modder the best base to get their rFactor 2 mods started.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:33 pm

For someone neck deep in a mod...........

WHEN!!

:)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:49 pm

those tyres look like my intestines D:
Admire the fur

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Sasquatch wrote:those tyres look like my intestines D:
Black?

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:04 pm

UnbounD wrote:For someone neck deep in a mod...........

WHEN!!

:)
They don't know....I would say 2010.

Blenderer

Post by Blenderer » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:58 am

A couple more..

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:31 am

It looks like they have finally got their anti aliasing sorted out :D

Blenderer

Post by Blenderer » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:58 am

Another screenshot released..

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:15 pm

thats looking real good the should just make it that u need a disc becasue its goin to be to big for our computers

or could we install it onto a external hard drive or a flash drive and run it would that work?
yes we won the first race whoop,and i was 1st to roll in our team haha
:cflag: 861s Stratford Scrappers Captain :cflag:
:cflag: 47c individual leauge :cflag:
Outlaw Racing Industries 2009

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Outlaw wrote:thats looking real good the should just make it that u need a disc becasue its goin to be to big for our computers

or could we install it onto a external hard drive or a flash drive and run it would that work?
Run from disc?? What make it take 5 times as long to load like some gay console? Sounds like you need a new hdd.. 1TB are only $300 these days..

bman

Post by bman » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:01 pm

I think he means it'd be a large download Bold - you big meany.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:16 pm

bman wrote:I think he means it'd be a large download Bold - you big meany.
Then why would he want to install it onto a external hdd or flash?