VR Concepts Chance of a Lifetime

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
Typhoon

VR Concepts Chance of a Lifetime

Post by Typhoon » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:30 am

For people that don't know exactly what VR Concepts do, here is a breakdown:

1. We supply Computer Equipment and Services to the Local Busines Community.
2. Database and Internet Development on a National Level
3. Gaming Hardware Sales and Service via our website

and 4th, where VR Concepts Started, the Development of Racing Cockpits.

A Brief History:

Tony and Myself (Mat) decided to have a go at designing a Racing Cockpit to place infront of our TV's primarily to play GT3 on Playstation.
After a 6month development project our results are what you can see on our website.

We thought we had a product that we could manufacture and market. But unknown to us at the time, we had a product that would generated a lot of interest in the Corporate Entertainment Area.

We now provide and have provided Corporate entertainment for:
Wattyl Paints, Extreme Automotive, Advantage Computers, Telecom NZ, Ford NZ, and now Jaguar NZ.

Now that I have set the stage, and given you some history, I can now tell you about a chance of a lifetime, and one I will never forget.

To some Jaguar is known as the last truly English Automotive Manufacture.
A few weeks ago we were lucky enough to spend 2 days at Pukekohe Race Circuit providing Entertainment for 120 of there Customers including most of New Zealands motoring Media.

Why were Jag's Customers? To spent track time in the latest Jaguar had to offer. 14 Jaguars sitting on the track, over 3 million dollars worth. S-Types, X-Types, and the well known XKR Sports Cars.

Now I always though of Jaguar's, BMW's, Mercedes being over priced. Expensive European Cars, how could they compete with the affordable Asian Productions. I soon realised why when I was honered to take 1/2 a million dollars worth of Powerful English Muscle for a thrush around the Race Track 8)

I started off with a X-Type 3.0l V6, which gave an exceptional, quite, confortable ride. The car quite friendly to drive, but wow, with 4 wheel active suspension, the corning ability was amazing.
I then moved on to a S-Type-R 4.2l Supercharged V8 with 400bhp. The acceleration & corning was amazing, and when the supercharger wasn't working (yeah right) you couldn't even hear the engine. I did get a lot of attension as I speed out of the pit area before the traction control kicked in :lol: . The most amazing thing with the S-Type was the amazing stopping power. 6 port callipers, thats 2 more per wheel than an EVO or WRX. You had to breath in as you hit the brakes else the wind would get knocked out of you.
Finially I got to drive the XKR 4.2l Supercharged V8. What a machine. What an experence. To be let loose in a true sportscar that costs $215,000 on a Race Track, with no other traffic, having all 4 wheels squealling as I took the Apexs. Hard on the brakes to take the chicaines and hairpins. My heart was pumping so quickly, even when I felt the rear end get a little loose under acceleration taking the very fast left-right onto the front straight with my foot still flat to the floor.

I'm not allowed to reveil the speeds I got too for OSH reasons, as we were not ment to exceed normal road limits (hehehe) but as I said before, this was the chance of a Lifetime, and British Motoring Lives On!!!!!

Thanks Jaguar, for a most enjoyable job I have had in a while :wink:

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:03 pm

Somebody get me a hanky...!

:D

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:32 pm

So the question remains would you still buy a jag if you have the money :shock:
Wah Wah Wah

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:51 pm

I would have to say yes :)

I had a really good chat to a few of the Motoring Media. Many of whom get 1 or 2 new cars a week to test drive. One of them told me he hadn't driven his own car in 14 months :) He said that at the start of the week he got given a $185,000 C Class Mercedes. He complained it didn't even come with Power Steering, that was an option.

All the Jaguars had every feature you could imagine, even SatNav which should be operating in NZ shortly I understand. The quality of the leather interior was superb. The power, and active suspension was simply amazing.

For the same amount of money I could get a well equiped BMW or Audi, but I think Jaguar carries more herritage than the German Autos.

but thats just my opinion. I was just amazed at the entire package, and seeing the huge smiles from all who participated, I'm sure they felt the same way. :D

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:02 pm

Typhoon wrote:
For the same amount of money I could get a well equiped BMW or Audi
Or 43 Galants like mine...