Re: DRAGFACTOR is coming in 2010

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:05 am

OMG cant wait _b

steve

Post by steve » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:26 am

Whaka YEa _b KSR Drag Nationals anyone :D
if you don't shut up my Makka Pakka Is going To Give Your Upsy Daisy
A Right Good Iggle Piggle Up The Ninky Nonk whilst the Tombliboos Referee!!! (.)(.)

OzLoUdmoUth

Post by OzLoUdmoUth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:22 am

Download Link Available from www.dragfactor.net and www.teamoz.com.au

daveo

Post by daveo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:12 pm

downloading now _b
#0h Indi league ----#22R Rotorua Rebels

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:21 pm

_b

Edit 11.15pm me and daveo been on the server having a spin, Jesus these's are fast _b

steve

Post by steve » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:46 am

Im having nothing but issues had to re activate rfactor can no longer see any mods all i have is a black screen with noise ? Anyone eles had any issues ?
if you don't shut up my Makka Pakka Is going To Give Your Upsy Daisy
A Right Good Iggle Piggle Up The Ninky Nonk whilst the Tombliboos Referee!!! (.)(.)

daveo

Post by daveo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:31 am

steve wrote:Im having nothing but issues had to re activate rfactor can no longer see any mods all i have is a black screen with noise ? Anyone eles had any issues ?
Na mine was all good i downloaded it from the dragfactor forum. I seen on facebook they say to do a stand alone instal or something but i just downloaded it straight into my rf folder like all other mods an works fine

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:36 am

Yup had to use the backup made for streetstocks. So back up yr rFactor.exe before installing if you got the media download

Cant help on black screen or mods lost bro

daveo

Post by daveo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:39 am

instead of putting it in c:\ProgramFiles\rFactor

put it in

c:\Program Files\DragFactor V1.0
That was on facebook but i didnt see it so i put into my programfiles/rfactor with everything else for rf :larf: but all still works

WMS-Old Frt

Post by WMS-Old Frt » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Your thoughts so far guys?

My review is not complimentary, unfortunately. I know Angus put many years into the beautiful models he has produced, starting with his Hot Rods and working his way into the Drag cars we see in this mod and many others to come yet... so I was expecting the mod on release to be far better than the old Pro-Stock PC game I've had for a lot of years.. but, it's not.

I think rFactor really isn't a suitable platform for a Drag Racing format.. certainly not in offline race testing where all the AI line up and start together.

I will stop here because I feel terrible saying these things about the end result of the massive efforts of a few people over the past 3 years to get this up and running.
Dementia... isn't a Hollywood fantasy movie starring Mickey Mouse, apparently.

OzLoUdmoUth

Post by OzLoUdmoUth » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:46 pm

WMS-Old Frt wrote:I think rFactor really isn't a suitable platform for a Drag Racing format.. certainly not in offline race testing where all the AI line up and start together.

I will stop here because I feel terrible saying these things about the end result of the massive efforts of a few people over the past 3 years to get this up and running.
Hit the nail on the head oldie... rFactor really isn't a suitable platform for a Drag Racing Format... and unfortunately that is what the DragFactor Modding Team were faced with but on a positive note IsI have assured the guys that RF2 will encorporate in their gaming engine provisions for Drag Racing to be included.

Because of the challenges faced with the above, we always knew that DragFactor is a mod that has to be "manually managed" by communities that choose to run dedicated race events on their servers. A download of "How Drag Racing Works" and a "Seeding and Eliminations Spreadsheet" will be available in the http://www.dragfactor.net and http://www.teamoz.com.au forums in the next day or two.

At the moment there are about 7 x servers up hosting DragFactor so feel free to make your own mind up and give it a crack ;)

Inside Sim Racing TV are also apparently doing a piece on the mod on Friday night and http://www.dragnews.com.au featuring the DragFactor story on their home page...

Enjoy the mod guys... I know we are :D

OzLoUdy

WMS-Old Frt

Post by WMS-Old Frt » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:39 pm

I do think the online experience will get the most from the mod.. whether it's grudge racing or proper racing, everyone will have fun racing their mates.

Sennheiserl

Post by Sennheiserl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:17 am

still cant download this mod. the download just keeps timing out. il try again once my net resets i guess :larf:

WMS-Old Frt

Post by WMS-Old Frt » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Here's an alternate download link (1.4GB)... http://www.mediafire.com/?mbimelr5x16sv2m

OzLoUdmoUth

Post by OzLoUdmoUth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 am

Sennheiserl wrote:still cant download this mod. the download just keeps timing out. il try again once my net resets i guess :larf:
Hey Sennheiserl,

We have found that using a download manager (I used Free Download Manager) accelerates the download and may help your situation. Before the D'L Manager I was only getting about 230kb a second and when I used it, the speed jumped up to 850kb. A couple of the guys with 100MB Cable were sucking it down at 2.5MB per second.

Try that Senn, hope it works for you mate!

OzLoUdy

PS: Other great news is Reaper from Hells Gate Gaming has already started Frams Autolite Dragway!!!! Stay tuned for that one...