fyi - HistorX mod racing - Oz league - Wed nights

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
Riftcreator

Re: fyi - HistorX mod racing - Oz league - Wed nights

Post by Riftcreator » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:57 pm

I doubt I'd have time to practice online DraK, I'm really only doiung this series to see how the RentaRacer system works. It's a brilliant idea, be good to see how it works out.

Not going to put any practice in, will just grab a car on the day and have some fun _b

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:58 pm

I won't be practising often. But being an Oz league (qual is 10pm NZT), I can get on the server around 9pm NZT, gives me an hour to learn the track if it's new to me.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:01 am

DraK and Vandem, how did you guys go last night?

I forgot this was on again, jumped on and chose the Cortina again, not even knowing how it would go at Eastern Creek as I have never raced there, had done 8 laps in a few GTC cars yonks ago, otherwise I was in the dark.

Qual went ok and was happy to be 0.059 behind DraK in his flying Alfa, then made a gearing change and got in one flying lap before qual finished and knocked over a second off my time :I to end up 7th on the grid. Was a hard fight, but finished 5th in race 1. Racer69 tried a late dive bomb pass on the last lap and spun us both, but didn't drop a spot thankfully. Race 2 got a terrible start and droped 3 spots to be 8th, got one back but had a spin which saw me drop from 7th to 15th, fought back and ended up in 11th.

Series seems to be working well, always someone to race. Some going for the fastest cars they can afford, while quite a few seem to be playing the strategic game and building up funds for a faster car for the upcoming long tracks.

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:16 pm

Pah. Picked the wrong car for the track. Tried the cheaper Cortina after the race, on my 3rd flying lap was already 0.5 sec quicker than my race best in the Coppa Abarth.

But very kind of Drak to hang back and give me some company in race 1 ;)

Did a few off-line laps at Goldenport last night, will be a fun track. Short, easy to learn, no long straight ... this time the Abarth will be more competitive. Saving up to use the 911 at Jerez where there are a few straights. Then hopefully the 911 again at Laguna Seca where I know the circuit well and can take advantage of a faster car. Then the 911 again at Snetterton.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:45 pm

I'll be in the Cortina a while I think if I keep finishing high up in at least one race per night.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:26 pm

How did you guys go this week? 2 DNFs DraK? and vandem ran out of fuel?

11th in R1 (1 litre of fuel left, was damn close!) and 10th in R2.
Should have been a 9th in R2, but I went wide and let Racer69 back through >_< Tried to get the place back but he was all over the place and it was going to end in tears so left him to it.

Didn't expect to place that high tonight, again no practice. Ran default with one click down on the gearing.

I'm saving up for a V8 at Snett :D But at this rate I won't be able to afford it :(

DraK

Post by DraK » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:59 am

yeah.... 2 DNF's....

Race 1 was going pretty well.... till fuel hit 1 liter with 2 laps to go..... then spun watching an elite go on 2 wheels behind me and limped to pits. was told 70 seconds to refule as i had not set anything coming in to pits... blegh... my fault

Race 2 was going ok, got a really quick set up from mrflog? and was very quick, bettered my times easily.. bumped in to someone coming in to a slow left hander slowed to redress and suddenly car did a pole vault! no idea what i hit! carried on going as there was no damage and was chasing hard, think it was on lap 5 that rfactor decided to spit the dummy again and crash.....

So one ran out of fuel and a disconnect

And if anyone posts on XGN, please ask why my drak404 account there can not post :)

Going to build a seperate windows installation purely fro rfactor.... no av no nothing other than what is needed.
..... and once a week there is race night! ....

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Missed last week due to work, and this week the wife is heading out so have to look after the kids. Will have to pull out :(

DraK

Post by DraK » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:54 am

Missed you guys last night...

Pc bombed out 30 seconds before start of race 1... race 2 started from back of the grid and made it through to 8th. Elan is fun to drive but just not as quick as the Porsches..
..... and once a week there is race night! ....

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:27 am

Sick. Shame, now have enough for a 911.

But am back with KSR on Tuesdays, so won't be doing many more Wed nights.