iracing - just raced with Shane van Gisbergen

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
juliant

iracing - just raced with Shane van Gisbergen

Post by juliant » Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

in the Skippy He won, but some yank who didnt know who he was moaned about him blocking and basically abused him - shame we dont want to discourage these guys joining in....

Murphy's Law

Re: iracing - just raced with Shane van Gisbergen

Post by Murphy's Law » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:14 pm

NAr he has been racing for a while.

Haven't come up against him on the road tracks but i have raced him a few times on the ovals in the trucks.

Lets just say he seems as fast at the sim as in real life lol

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 am

Have just joined iRacing in the last couple of weeks. First race up and Shane turns up...He won :)
Wah Wah Wah

Nodnerb

Post by Nodnerb » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:22 pm

If anyone wants to try it out, I have a special deal on at the moment for new NZ subscribers.

Pay $12 get all of the free content and subscription for 3 months racing, plus we send you a $10 iRacing credit as well, so effectively $2 for 3 months racing

Details are here www.simparts.co.nz/iracing

hawkins

Post by hawkins » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:25 pm

he has been racing rfactor for a while too ... way back when he first started driving the v8 .. he started off with myself and the boys over the ditch at ea outlaws and well ... same way he started in the real racing was a little argy bargy but grew to be nicer and still overly fast .. also i used to race against him in real life on quad bikes and he is fast there too !!!
seems to be one of them guys that is good at whatever he puts his mind to .
quite a good cat in person too
WELLINGTONWILDCATS BRINGING BACK THE BIFF

When life throws you a curve , Slam it down a gear and hit the apex harder !!!!!

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 pm

hawkins wrote:he has been racing rfactor for a while too ... way back when he first started driving the v8 .. he started off with myself and the boys over the ditch at ea outlaws and well ... same way he started in the real racing was a little argy bargy but grew to be nicer and still overly fast .. also i used to race against him in real life on quad bikes and he is fast there too !!!
seems to be one of them guys that is good at whatever he puts his mind to .
quite a good cat in person too
I've also raced against him albeit when we were both a bit younger in Karting, was a good driver then too as you would expect.

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:03 pm

I recently raced in a race that was hosted by Shane in the MX5 at Watkins Glen. It had Shane, Owen Kelly (Co Drived with Rick Kelly this year), Nick Percat (Yes got 1st a baturst) & Scott McLaughlin.

With one lap to go there was 5 of us all nose to tail (Shane, some other guy, Owen Kelly, Scott & Myself) with about a 10 ssecond lead. Well lets none of us won lol. I have got it save on video so might have to up load it.