issues with rFactor - now fixed

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
BK

issues with rFactor - now fixed

Post by BK » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:42 pm

I think I have corrupt files in my game.

Every time I open the game I get the following message:
gMotor 2 error
opening MAS file PACECAR\V8FACTOR_PC\V8FACTOR_PV.MAS

Now it should have opened on the last cars that was played which was skodas. When I press ok I get the skoda mod but no cars show. Change mods and I can see those.

I have tried deleting and making a new profile as when I looked at this it showed different information to what mod I was in last, but no changes. I have another rFactor lite program and that did the same thing with a MAS error.

I also tried a system restore to yesterday. No help there.

Any ideas before I totally wipe rfactor and start again????
Last edited by BK on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hugh

Re: issues with rFactor

Post by Hugh » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 pm

go to vehicle and try and buy the car...
if not sounds like mod is installed incorrectly.. pm a screen shot of your vehicles directory with a view that I can see all the files...the mod uses the default hammer pacecar.

BK

Re: issues with rFactor - now fixed

Post by BK » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks for that.

I have now got it working properly now

After removing the mod, profile and also checking the files in the vehicle game data files, I have worked out what files were missing.

vandem
GPL luddite

Re: issues with rFactor - now fixed

Post by vandem » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:09 pm

nzkf59 wrote:... After removing the mod, profile and also checking the files in the vehicle game data files, I have worked out what files were missing.
Several of us use the rFactor Lite method. All our tracks are installed in a base rF install, but we use a new install of rF Lite for every mod (with a line in the config file to point back to the main install for tracks). Makes "removing" a mod very easy (just delete the rF Lite folder, after backing up any saves or setups or skins you may want in the future), and means that installing a new mod will never have an effect on any of your existing mods.