I can't really be that slow.............

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
Yoda_NZ

I can't really be that slow.............

Post by Yoda_NZ » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Still looking for excuses…..

Can I get some feedback on the settings you are using?

Digital steering rates
Digital throttle rates
Digital brake rates

I have mine set a 50% being true linear. I am using a momo FFB. I understand that each wheel is different and people have different preferences but it would be good to get an rough picture.

On the interweb today I see a lot of people running steering at 20%, I hope to try this tonight if I get away with another night on the PC from she how must be obeyed.

Interested in your thoughts and comments

Riftcreator

Re: I can't really be that slow.............

Post by Riftcreator » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:41 pm

I used to use a Momo wheel, loved it. Honestly I prefered the chunky feel and extra buttons, downside is the pedals though.
Good pedals can make a world of difference to lap times, as I found out a while ago by cleaning my set out and getting them to work semi correctly :p

When I used mine I left everything on default, and just changed the car settings. Steering rate, brake bias etc
Otherwise default profiler settings, and default steering settings in the controls section of the game.

Are you running the Realfeel plugin at all?

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Not running realfeel at all. recommended?

BK

Post by BK » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Yes!

Growler

Post by Growler » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Have you checked to see if you are getting full throttle? The Momo wheels are known to lose calibration as they get older.

BK

Post by BK » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Have a look at this previous post

http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/v ... =4&t=17705

I posted my set up for real feel for poeple to download. Make sure you back up anything you want to keep.

There is also a post to a thread to setup real feel and if I remember correctly, this is what I used as well.

Hardman

Post by Hardman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:54 pm

I currently use a MOMO wheel and struggled for a while because I had no feeling for what the car was doing. I found a tutorial at Race Department called "rFactor Better FFB Tutorial" but noticed it no longer exists (or least the link I used is now gone). But you are in luck since I saved a copy of it in Word :) , I have attached it for you. I now have a better feel for the car and can now catch slides and push it more in the corners. In saying that I spin the Lambo heaps and found that it improved when I reduced the front downforce. i.e. I was oversteering into corners so reducing the front down force induces a bit of understeer, therefore the rear wheels do not slide out. Here is the RealFeelPlugin.ini setting I am use for the current mod:
[ES_GT1]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2000.000000
SteeringDamper=65535.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
SmoothingLevel=0

A useful tool I use to work out where the faster guys are beating me is rfVCRmerge. You can find it at http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rfVCRmerge. Basically it creates a replay file by overlaying multiple laps. I do it for each sector. Then in the Replay Fridge you can watch the lap and work out what line to take, how fast to go into and through corners etc. You can even see what gear they are in. You can get a lot out of this program. You mentioned not that long ago about the Skodas at Barbagallo. You could grab the replay file and then use rfVCRmerge on everybodies fastest laps and see how they did it in one lap.

I too have been blaming the tool and not the driver 8) . I have heard good things about getting a decent set of peddles like the Fanatec Clubsport and that they can help more with a better lap time than the wheel. Does anybody know if you can use one with a MOMO? I think it plugs into USB and then in rFactor you define 2 controllers. Just saw the Fanatec CSR Elite pedals which are $50 cheaper. Has anybody tried them?

Good luck in finding that 10th or 2 ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Awesome thanks.

I'm certain that I'm getting full throttle out of it as my straight line speed is good. I seem to have to brake sooner than other people to get the car slowed up enough. I watched GGAV's hotlap around around Monza and noted all his braking points. Using his setup I still had to break earlier. I'm not getting a feeling for the braking.

Since I have soften the steering rates I can control and catch slides a lot better now.

I'll download Realfeel and try these settings, it would be so nice to keep you guys in sight.

Much appreciated thanks

Hardman

Post by Hardman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Just realised BK's post links to a forum which links to the same tutorial :crazy: . I original got mine from Race Department.
Yoda_NZ wrote:Awesome thanks.
I'm certain that I'm getting full throttle out of it as my straight line speed is good. I seem to have to brake sooner than other people to get the car slowed up enough. I watched GGAV's hotlap around around Monza and noted all his braking points. Using his setup I still had to break earlier. I'm not getting a feeling for the braking.
I find it misleading watching others laps and where they brake. They actually brake sooner than you think. Use rfVCRmerge so you can see exactly where they brake compared to you. It will be alot closer than you think.