Rfactor Driver Swap Help needed.

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
OR~WORM

Rfactor Driver Swap Help needed.

Post by OR~WORM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:03 am

Didn't know where else to post this but I'm desperately in need of help.
My pc locks everytime I try to take over on driver swap, we seemed too have tried everything but it just doesn't make sense. Is there some ports I might need to open on my modem maybe?
I have tried a seperate install tonight with absolutely nothing in it but rfactor lite and your install but still no luck.I have done driver swaps before with no problems but the same happened last year, Bathurst just won't let me and it's a different version. I'm at the point of quitting and no idea what to do to fix it so any ideas would be much appreciated.
Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor: Intell Core2 Quad CPU Q6600@2.40GHZ 2.39GHz
Memory: 6.00GB
System Type: 64-bit
Graphics: NVidia Geforce GTS450 1GB

slobb11

Re: Rfactor Driver Swap Help needed.

Post by slobb11 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Well...I'm only 10 months late in replying to this ;p
I assume you no longer need help with this Worm, but I'll post my thoughts here in case others encounter the issue at some point and stumble upon this thread.

The issue you had sounds a lot like a problem our team had during the LeMans 24hr Sim Race a couple of years ago.
Complete system lockup, requiring a cold-restart, every time we did a driver swap. The person affected was the new driver. The driver who had just finished their stint was unaffected.

In our case the issue turned out to be related to the mod, and in particular the car. The issue was resolved by swapping out the suspension geometry of the car we were driving, and replacing it with the geometry from a car that was known to not have the issue. I never did see any sense in the solution, but it certainly worked.

Hope that helps someone in future.
Slobb11
Mad Mofo Extraordinaire
The maddest in mofos since 1982