Assetto Corsa - The future in Racing Simulation

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
Scott-DPG

Assetto Corsa - The future in Racing Simulation

Post by Scott-DPG » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm

What is Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa is a new PC-based racing game for Windows, expected to be released in 2013. Assetto Corsa is being designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with single player and multiplayer options, officially licensed cars and tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments.

Also, Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to collect lots of cars and tracks.

Maximum Realism
Assetto Corsa takes advantage of the experience acquired by the Kunos Simulazioni team with the development of netKar PRO and Ferrari Virtual Academy, both titles being notable as two of the best in the genre for their advanced physics model and vehicle dynamics. Our R&D office, located just inside the international racing circuit of Vallelunga, allows the team to develop the game with the cooperation of real world racing drivers and racing teams.

The Assetto Corsa physics engine has been designed and coded from the ground up, using practical knowledge acquired from working closely with the elite of motorsport in order to engineer the best possible accuracy of physics and tactility of feeling. A physics engine like this begs to be used with officially licensed content: As such, Assetto Corsa will include renditions of international circuits, global car brands, racing prototypes, historic cars, single seaters and some of the most iconic cars ever built, providing a complete, and exciting,racing experience!

Moddable

Every day simracing enthusiasts write to us asking for us to add support for modding and customisation to our products. We recognize that in the simracing community there are a lot of talented people able to recreate cars and tracks with accuracy and passion, often to a better standard than commercial products. As such, we have decided to design Assetto Corsa as a modular simulation system that allows players to express themselves at their best by creating the mods they desire.

Therefore, within Assetto Corsa the interface, overlays and the core software are designed to be fully customizable allowing additional mods made by the simracing community to enhance the simulation, allowing it to thrive. Can’t find your favourite car or track? With Assetto Corsa, you will be able to make it yourself! Also, Assetto Corsa will include several racing, practice, and competition options in order to satisfy any need for fun and entertainment.

Teaser Video's

Bull

Re: Assetto Corsa - The future in Racing Simulation

Post by Bull » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:23 pm

For those interested, it is being made by the same people that did NetKar - I always found NetKar below average to be honest.

Scott-DPG

Post by Scott-DPG » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:06 pm

Bull wrote:For those interested, it is being made by the same people that did NetKar - I always found NetKar below average to be honest.

Bull, you are correct about the makers of this Simulator. Massive differences though with AS, Direct X 11+ being used, all cars and tracks are laser scanned, they have real race drivers from Europe helping with the controls of the vehicles etc. A great amount of expense has gone into the making of this.

Unlike rF2, and even to my belief CARS, where they are only modeling cars and tracks. Cars i feel is very arcade like racing, lacking input from drivers, etc

Anyways, ive been keeping an eye on this for quite some time and am very thrilled with the way the Sim is coming, where it is going. In my opinion i feel its going to be a winner and for the long term.

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:28 pm

Scott-DPG wrote:
Bull wrote:For those interested, it is being made by the same people that did NetKar - I always found NetKar below average to be honest.

Bull, you are correct about the makers of this Simulator. Massive differences though with AS, Direct X 11+ being used, all cars and tracks are laser scanned, they have real race drivers from Europe helping with the controls of the vehicles etc. A great amount of expense has gone into the making of this.

Unlike rF2, and even to my belief CARS, where they are only modeling cars and tracks. Cars i feel is very arcade like racing, lacking input from drivers, etc

Anyways, ive been keeping an eye on this for quite some time and am very thrilled with the way the Sim is coming, where it is going. In my opinion i feel its going to be a winner and for the long term.
I personally think there is too many different people trying to create a product for what is a limited market as far as gaming is concerned.

I really think all the studio's that are currently creating games need to get together and put their collective resources together. Unfortunately, the market in this genre simply isn't strong enough to have 5-6 different games competing for the top spot. Most of the companies will end up belly-up, and quite often it is one of them that had the best product or minds to be able to make the product, but lacked the support or resources.

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:58 am

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:04 am

Assetto Corsa – Technology Preview Demo Available

Bottom link is mega.co.nz, pretty good speed.

you do need to own netkar pro

http://www.virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-t ... -available

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 am

After a quick drive on pro mode, the question I find myself asking is,, ISI can I have a refund please.
Im like it a lot.

sellarb4

Post by sellarb4 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Its very good. A bit too easy to drive possibly but oh the possibility's if they nail the net code...

Still holding my breath as Netkar promised so much & delivered little.

Scott-DPG

Post by Scott-DPG » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Hugh Jarse wrote:After a quick drive on pro mode, the question I find myself asking is,, ISI can I have a refund please.
Im like it a lot.

Hugh, are you that impressed already? are you talking refund rF1 or rF2?

Ive been very excited about this Sim coming out and have NKP, so will have to DL tonight and have a crack.

Maaz

Post by Maaz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:16 pm

sellarb4 wrote:Its very good. A bit too easy to drive possibly but oh the possibility's if they nail the net code...

Still holding my breath as Netkar promised so much & delivered little.

Yep feel the same way. There's a lot of hype around it but it does drive well.

Lets hope it can have more than 15 in multi though.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:38 am

I'm impressed.

The frame rate hit was more than I expected, but it is pretty damn stunning driving at 8am. The shadows etc are brilliant.
Due to the low frame rate I did experiance some lag between my inputs and the visual movement of the wheel in car, 38fps was all I could get. Shame really as pCars does run a lot smoother.

Not being able to fix the wheel, or remove it was a right pain. Such a distraction.
The drive was impressive, I could feel the surface change from the tarmac to the gravel etc, and the FFB is 100% perfect right out of the box _b

If AC is going to be open for the modders, it will be goodbye rF2 ..........

Scott-DPG

Post by Scott-DPG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:22 pm

well well well

all i can say is that im pretty happy with myself on keeping an eye on this sim and looking forward very much to the full version coming out. I am very impressed with it, i had setting of 8am out on track, the sun coming up, glare into my eyes. im just amazed to be honest.

I cant wait for the full version now, what the hell is rFactor 1-2, some where back in the past i believe.

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Scott-DPG wrote:well well well

all i can say is that im pretty happy with myself on keeping an eye on this sim and looking forward very much to the full version coming out. I am very impressed with it, i had setting of 8am out on track, the sun coming up, glare into my eyes. im just amazed to be honest.

I cant wait for the full version now, what the hell is rFactor 1-2, some where back in the past i believe.
rFactor 1 was 2005 to put it into retrospect. For a game to last 8 years is a pretty damn good effort.

I haven't been impressed with rFactor 2 either. But as with rF1, I have the feeling after 2-3 years into post release, patching etc, it will evolve into a much better game as did rF1.

In the meantime though, this and GTR3 (Plus RaceRoom) All look to be great alternatives and possible at knocking ISI off the top of the table.

bikkits

Post by bikkits » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:37 am

Steam Group for the New Zealand Assetto Corsa community - cool little hub so far, join up!

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:14 pm

I love the cut track penalty , but it needs refining. still a beta.

My weapon of choice in AC.

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Anyone looking to buy AC by the way, keep an eye out on the Steam Summer sale. When it was put up as a community choice vote (which it lost) the discount would have been 50%, so possibly one day of the sale, it'll be 50% off.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:20 am

AC is currently on sale at steam, and will be for the next two days. It's 50% off @ 19.99USD.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:06 pm

That's an absolute bargin!! :eek:

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Now that is very tempting ......... I'm just not sure how well my aging PC would handle it (C2D at 2.1Ghz, 6Gb Ram, HD5850 .....)

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:32 am

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Latest AC update brings improved net code. worked pretty good from here to spain. _b

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:13 pm

SWEET!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gamuz

Post by Gamuz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:32 pm

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Just saw now it's 50% once again, for the next 31 hours after this post. 19.99USD

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:56 am

That's a bargain!