Rally cross

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
blahwalt

Rally cross

Post by blahwalt » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:33 am

Hi there
I was wondering how much interest there would be in starting up a rally cross championship type event my thoughts would be to use the rfactor virtual rallycross mod as it is the best one that I have found for models and handling and it comes with a good amount of tracks with it so if anyone is interested and knows more about setting this kind of thing up please let me know.

P.S. I think this is going to be a very big sport in real life so why not do it on a simulator as well

Riftcreator

Re: Rally cross

Post by Riftcreator » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:44 am

I enjoy watching the real thing, and never knew there were mods and tracks for it. I'll have a look at it at some stage next week if I get time, might be a bit of fun if there is good intrest.

blahwalt

Post by blahwalt » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:57 am

the best one is virtual rally cross championship imo it is a bit of a long process to install it you have to run the updater after installing it as well so for me it took about 3 hours all up but that is with a slow internet connection at that point but well worth the wait.
here's a link to there web site
http://www.virtualrallycross.com/

Ggav

Post by Ggav » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:02 pm

Caution: this mod changes your UI
I don' think this Mod is up to the required standard to run a league here. It is very average, half the tracks are what I would consider WIP and the RF1 does not model 4wd or gravel/dirt well.
Could be fun for a few fun races though
Image Image