Driving simulator project - looking for a sim loving genius C++ developer

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
RhysRally

Driving simulator project - looking for a sim loving genius C++ developer

Post by RhysRally » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi guys, thought I'd post this up here... maybe a good way to find people in NZ with the right skills & interests

In short, we have some prototype software that can create a full 3D road scene from photos... the small sections of road done so far look really impressive & as realistic as anything else I've seen around

We have some pretty serious commercial applications for it that could really make a big difference in the world (lots of motorsport/gaming options too but these aren't the #1 focus)

There's tricky things to figure out like integrating intelligent 3D objects, physics engines, audio, background loading of the scene from hard rive rather than direct from ram, simple user interface, etc. Still trying to figure out if the software can be re-written to run on Unity or another games engine.

Needs a clever individual who is great with lower level/interface & integration work but can also do a little bit of design in 3DS max or similar. The project has a software engineer but he's become too busy on other stuff so we need someone that craves a big challenge, freedom to solve problems, and can rip into it with some enthusiasm as soon as possible.

Language is C++, currently using OpenGL. Hopefully we can experiment with Occulus Rift stuff soon (haven't got a PC running minimum spec gtx970/980 card yet)

Pretty early days so there's a chance to grab an equity position before we bring in some bigger investment (going through the processes now). If someone is interested in living in Otago and working on this, we have a way to cover all living costs and supply any necessary tools to get us through to some early products.

I'm not a developer but love this project & tech alongside racing rally cars (evo 9.5 RS if it matters) and running a sheep farm. Please email me if you are interested, have questions, know someone that would love to get into something like this. I can try and answer any questions on here as well.

Most exciting project I've ever worked on by far! (love the idea of creating a virtual race to the sky down in queenstown for fun!... yee haa) :D :D :D

Cheers, Rhys

Email is rhysbgardner@gmail.com

Riftcreator

Re: Driving simulator project - looking for a sim loving genius C++ developer

Post by Riftcreator » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Sounds rather interesting!

RhysRally

Post by RhysRally » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:28 pm

What did you think of the road scene video? Doesn't have a proper physics engine yet... and it seems to max out the Vram if I run it on laptop

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:25 pm

I thought it was pretty good, better than I expected at such an early stage.