What online driving sim are you guys playing

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
Kazzo

What online driving sim are you guys playing

Post by Kazzo » Sat May 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi All
What online driving sim are you guys playing ? I'm looking at purchasing one but not sure what to get.
Cheers

kerryland

Re: What online driving sim are you guys playing

Post by kerryland » Mon May 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Kazzo wrote:Hi All
What online driving sim are you guys playing ? I'm looking at purchasing one but not sure what to get.
Cheers
Might as well start with one that's free. See if you like RaceRoom. http://game.raceroom.com.
There are a few here who are iRacing fans, but it definitely isn't free. It does have the great advantage that you can have a decent race any time of the day or night, assuming you stick to one of the popular classes.

Obviously the best online racing is here on a Tuesday night, which means rFactor 2 might be all you need if once a week is enough.

Kazzo

Post by Kazzo » Mon May 20, 2019 7:45 pm

kerryland wrote:
Kazzo wrote:Hi All
Cheers
Might as well start with one that's free. See if you like RaceRoom. http://game.raceroom.com.
There are a few here who are iRacing fans, but it definitely isn't free. It does have the great advantage that you can have a decent race any time of the day or night, assuming you stick to one of the popular classes.

Obviously the best online racing is here on a Tuesday night, which means rFactor 2 might be all you need if once a week is enough.
Thanks man

Bull

Post by Bull » Mon May 20, 2019 9:45 pm

We play rFactor 2 primarily here, so if you want to race with us that would be the one to get.

If you're looking for something to play on your own, something like Project Cars 2 or DiRT Rally 2.0 that have a good career/single player mode is your best option.

If you earn too much money and don't mind pay a monthly subscription fee to race in full fields at any time of the day, iRacing is your choice.

Kazzo

Post by Kazzo » Tue May 21, 2019 1:58 pm

Bull wrote:We play rFactor 2 primarily here, so if you want to race with us that would be the one to get.

If you're looking for something to play on your own, something like Project Cars 2 or DiRT Rally 2.0 that have a good career/single player mode is your best option.

If you earn too much money and don't mind pay a monthly subscription fee to race in full fields at any time of the day, iRacing is your choice.
I tried IRacing on a friend's rig It was okay but I'm not prepared to pay a monthly fee regardless of how much I earn.
rFactor 2 sounds like the way to go.
Cheers