Heusinkveld Sprints

Discuss new sims, mods, tracks and sim software/hardware
REZRCT

Heusinkveld Sprints

Post by REZRCT » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi All,

Who is running Heusinkveld Sprints?

I just received mine, first piece of the puzzle of my new set up.

What are your thoughts?

What stiffness did you set your brake pedal to? I know this is all personal preference, but just wanted to see what people are running/trying.

Barry Rowland at SRG did a great review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ036ONxpZc

shop.gperformance.eu-Heusinkveld-Engineering-Sim-Pedals-Sprint-iso.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chomp

Re: Heusinkveld Sprints

Post by Chomp » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:51 pm

I use the ultimates but I did buy a set for the kids rig.. Bastards decided they liked counter strike more and couldnt get them racing so I ended up selling them.

I brake a little harder than the sprints will let me but they were nice to use. I think the profile software could come in handy from time to time, like setting up a non linear profile for trail braking for different cars.

You have yourself some nice pedals :)

REZRCT

Post by REZRCT » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:07 am

Chomp wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:51 pm
I use the ultimates but I did buy a set for the kids rig.. Bastards decided they liked counter strike more and couldnt get them racing so I ended up selling them.

I brake a little harder than the sprints will let me but they were nice to use. I think the profile software could come in handy from time to time, like setting up a non linear profile for trail braking for different cars.

You have yourself some nice pedals :)
Ah what a shame, Counter Strike is a classic though! ;p :larf:

Nice, Ultimate's do look the business.

Chomp

Post by Chomp » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:18 am

I see from your welcome post you are lining up an 8020 rig and DD.

What are you looking at? Buying an 8020 or building one?

REZRCT

Post by REZRCT » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:55 am

Chomp wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:18 am
I see from your welcome post you are lining up an 8020 rig and DD.

What are you looking at? Buying an 8020 or building one?
Was looking at the Simblacks or Simlab P1-X for 8020 Rig.

For DD I'm going to get the new Virtual Racing School Direct Force Pro, I was about to make a post about this wheel.

Chomp

Post by Chomp » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:37 am

Excellent, thats the right way to do it :)

The VRS wheel sounds like it is shaping up to be good so got to be happy about that.

I have the simlabs p1 which I did some modifications myself before the p1x came out so that I could mount the pedals inside of the chassis and get them lower. I have my seat buried really low, inside the p1 not on top of it like most people.

I thought if I should buy bits locally from alexco and build it myself but when you add it up you dont come out a lot cheaper and you dont have all the nice custom bits that the p1 has.

A little while ago the simblacks rig cost more than the p1 was to import, at the time it was around $2k and it costs a bit under 1800nz to your door for the p1x from simlabs.

Now simblacks have lowered their price it is a bit cheaper than the p1 but I would go with the p1 as the difference is not enough IMO. The simlabs uses a heavier profile, comes with lots of spare connectors so that when you actually want to add something to the rig you dont have to go buy more. They use very well constructed angle brackets, the simblacks use ones that are the same as alexco, they are much lighter weight and while still OK, I def prefer the way the p1 connects the uprights with their custom connector than using four of those lightweight angle connectors.

It cost me $280 euro to ship the p1, which brought up the cost a lot, 880 euro it would be now with the shipping, add gst and 5% for currency conversion and you are just under $1800.

When it was $200 less than the simblacks, it was a no brainer, now it is $200 more I would still go for the sim labs.

REZRCT

Post by REZRCT » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Chomp wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:37 am
Excellent, thats the right way to do it :)

The VRS wheel sounds like it is shaping up to be good so got to be happy about that.

I have the simlabs p1 which I did some modifications myself before the p1x came out so that I could mount the pedals inside of the chassis and get them lower. I have my seat buried really low, inside the p1 not on top of it like most people.

I thought if I should buy bits locally from alexco and build it myself but when you add it up you dont come out a lot cheaper and you dont have all the nice custom bits that the p1 has.

A little while ago the simblacks rig cost more than the p1 was to import, at the time it was around $2k and it costs a bit under 1800nz to your door for the p1x from simlabs.

Now simblacks have lowered their price it is a bit cheaper than the p1 but I would go with the p1 as the difference is not enough IMO. The simlabs uses a heavier profile, comes with lots of spare connectors so that when you actually want to add something to the rig you dont have to go buy more. They use very well constructed angle brackets, the simblacks use ones that are the same as alexco, they are much lighter weight and while still OK, I def prefer the way the p1 connects the uprights with their custom connector than using four of those lightweight angle connectors.

It cost me $280 euro to ship the p1, which brought up the cost a lot, 880 euro it would be now with the shipping, add gst and 5% for currency conversion and you are just under $1800.

When it was $200 less than the simblacks, it was a no brainer, now it is $200 more I would still go for the sim labs.
Yeah totally, the VRS is getting great feedback.

I asked Barry Roland at SRG about it as he has tested the VRS DFP and the Simucube 2 Pro. He recommended going with the VRS DFP.

Yeah shipping isn't as bad as I thought it would be for a Simlab rig.

I to thought about building my own, but as you said by the time you sit down working out what you need and the cost of the materials, you haven't saved that much money in the grand scheme of things.

Bull

Post by Bull » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:48 pm

Don't forget to include your import/customs tax at the border.

Chomp

Post by Chomp » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:06 pm

I cant remember who simlabs was using but they did use a courier where brokerage was part of the deal.

Yeah, really frustrating to get the odd international shipment where they want to bang on $50 for giving you a phone call.

Chomp

Post by Chomp » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:09 pm

Scrap that, they charged me (UPS) a $52 entry fee and $22 of other crap. on top of the GST. So it cost me $226 NZD to ups for gst and fees in NZ as well as what I paid simlabs.

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:33 pm