Heat Servers Closing 30th September

Ratman

Heat Servers Closing 30th September

Post by Ratman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:36 pm

No its not a joke nor is it the 1st of April but the heat servers and all suppur from KSR will end 30th of September.

This was posted in the Heatadmin forum yeasterday by the KSR Administrators
kiwisimracing wrote:Heat Admin Team,

Unfortunately the time has come for KiwiSimRacing to remove it's support for Stockcar Heat. The idea was always there that once rFactor gained popularity and the numbers started to grow, that Heat would be dropped and rFactor would be the Superstock game for KiwiSimRacing members. With the release of the Kiwi Superstock MOD last year we have seen a rapid increase in the numbers racing rFactor,and for the Individual League recently started up they have over 80 members signed up and racing.

It has suprised many members just how long Heat has lasted and managed to keep numbers up, and it's only because of the hard work put in by all of you that this has happened. Thankyou for the countless hours you guys have put in to the running of Heat, and a special thankyou to Ratman who has given a lot of his spare time to not only keep Heat running smoothly but also updating the game with skins etc, thankyou Ratman.

We are not closing the doors on Heat immediately, we have decided that we will give you 6 months to sort out any final leagues and events, and will close the servers down on 30th September 2010. Hopefully this will also give yourselves and other members some time to get rFactor sorted so that you can join in on the fun in the Kiwi Superstocks if you wish.

Again, thankyou for all your time and effort team, and hopefully many of you will join in on rFactor in the near future.

Thankyou

KiwiSimRacing Admin

P.S. Are you guys happy to inform the rest of the community on this or would you prefer for us to do that?

stoodlee15b

Re: Heat Servers Closing 30th September

Post by stoodlee15b » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:59 pm

I do understand that everthing has a life spand :skull: , but when you see Heat with great numbers playing, a great admin team running heat, you try to understand why you would end something that is still holding its own.
Its a great entry level game for newbies to try a stockcar game free, become a member of the KSR commuity and then large % move onto rfactor.

Im a Trade manager/salesman and I believe Heat helps sell rfactor to nz gamers... Y would you want 2 end that selling tool.
A large number people that get hooked on heat move on2 rfactor. :ghost:

I think this is a bad decision q- I hope before this date we can change your mind! _b

q- VERY SAD 2 HEAR q- ;( So the dream of a password 4 heat is over. :confused:

ps I do have rfactor but lov Heat :smokin:
Last edited by stoodlee15b on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stoods

mopar

Post by mopar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:51 pm

>:[ AGREE WIT STOOD.... q- JUST WHEN I STARTED TO GET BACK INTO IT IT GETS SWEPT AWAY ;(
WELL LOOKS LIKE RFACTOR THE WAY TO GO

JUST WANNA SAY BIG UPS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT KEPT IT GOING _b _b AWESOME MAN :D

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:21 pm

Am not surprized but this is really Guttering to hear, Ive tried my best since 2006 to get on the password list and have failed, Thanks heaps and heaps Heat admin team and Pw drivers that have helped me out along the way. I will be on Mostly every weekend to get my last racing in b4 the 30th of September.
I feel sorry for the skins ratman has just made tho,

Anyway Thanks everyone... _b
Will be a good time to apoligize to the one's i have annoyed with my attitude to,. Sorry guys.

And Rfactor might be on the way for me _b
http://www.kiwicaptureit.co.nz
Never pick an argument with cf, its like picking an argument with a chick

2LO

Post by 2LO » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Just remember guys Heat was an amazing game before we all knew about rFactor.. Yeah it wasn't exactly sim racing (due to controllers etc) but to run rFaccy you dont need a over the top PC.

I ran Heat and rFactor on a laptop with a 1.6ghz dual core processor, 1GB ram and a budget as graphics card.. It didn't run rFactor on full detail with a big field but it run it ok(ish) with 10 car field on mid detail(on the new MOD)..

Heat has lasted a long long time before it's come to this stage and if it wasnt for Inspire than Heat would have been long gone from here along time ago!

So, I've had some great times on Heat and that not so great times but hey we all have them. I look forward to seeing plenty new faces on rFactor once the Heat days are over here.

2LO
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:09 pm

This is very sad news to read indeed!! ( my stockcar heat wheel trophy will take the frontrow in cabnit ).

I just hope we see some poeple go from heat to factor otherwise we might see some really great names missing in the community(and there are some top blokes in the community that only play heat!)

Thanks for the wunderfull memorys stockcar heat!!!

P.S to the lord of stockcar gaming DirtNZ and to ratman and others along the way that have helped make and update stockheat :bowdown: :bowdown: you guys really are F__KING LEGENDS!!!!

ksr_SPEED

Post by ksr_SPEED » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:50 pm

damb that sucks my dad wont let me get rfactor

blake57

Post by blake57 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

This really sucks :( . This is a very great game, got stuck to it alot. But i will defeintely be moving onto Rfactor. i hope others will to. :)
Call Of Duty World At War Nazi Zombie Pwn3r :P

Fireball45

Post by Fireball45 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Yes guys very sad news i for one will not be making the change unless i win lotto.cheers to Dirt,wants,sidewinder,Ratman and all the other great guys ive met.I will be on Heat till it is dead and buried,Cheers Terry (fireball)
keep it mean and clean45a no1 pitcrew older and wiser thats why i own chrysler.

kwozy

Post by kwozy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:03 pm

very sad news guys ;( thanks to ratman and other admin that put a lot of time in to keeping this mod going as long as they did without your hard work it would have die along time ago thanks again guys for the time i spent racing with you guys _b

ksr_SPEED

Post by ksr_SPEED » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:04 pm

yeah same her would like to say a big thanks to all the admin for putting the work in to keep the server running . has been fun over the years might have to keep a look out on trade me for a new computer lol.

newbie10

Post by newbie10 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Just wondering how much would it cost to keep the server going??
SARCASM: the bodys natural defence against stupid
Did I offend you, maybe you needed to be offended!
I am multi lingual...I can speak English, sarcasm and smart arse!!

stoodlee15b

Post by stoodlee15b » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:30 pm

newbie10 wrote:Just wondering how much would it cost to keep the server going??

Now where talking _b _b _b

:smokin:
Stoods

uturn

Post by uturn » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Its not a matter of money newbie. There is nothing preventing anyone running a heat server anywhere.

It just won't happen here from the end of September. The reasons why are clearly stated in the first post.

newbie10

Post by newbie10 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:24 pm

uturn wrote:
Its not a matter of money newbie. There is nothing preventing anyone running a heat server anywhere.

It just won't happen here from the end of September. The reasons why are clearly stated in the first post.

was just wondering.
SARCASM: the bodys natural defence against stupid
Did I offend you, maybe you needed to be offended!
I am multi lingual...I can speak English, sarcasm and smart arse!!

ksr_SPEED

Post by ksr_SPEED » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:30 pm

apparantly theres a rumour that some one else is getting a server and its allready done? anyone else heard anything?

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:48 pm

ksr_SPEED wrote:apparantly theres a rumour that some one else is getting a server and its allready done? anyone else heard anything?
:rolleyes:
http://www.kiwicaptureit.co.nz
Never pick an argument with cf, its like picking an argument with a chick

Muz59w

Post by Muz59w » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Ahhhrgg noo :( haven't even played it in yoonks an now its going, :(

Owell RF here we come :larf:

Btw, any chance i could host a server rat? or still not allowed ?
-FAT$O

kamakazi

Post by kamakazi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:24 pm

yes muzz you can host a server because i said ahahahahahahaahaah :B

Cop14w

Post by Cop14w » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Just like to say guys we had a semi admin meeting last night and looked at every scenario with trying to keep this place running. We came up with a few but ran into a brick wall with most ideas. The share cost is out of our league. The Admin team are just as disappointed as yous if not more. The amount of work/time Ratman has put into this game you just couldnt calculate. Nanna and his Newbie Nights and the rest of us planning events, Dealing with the odd heat pm and making sure the servers are running 100%. I do feel sorry for these old fellas ;p not to mention the rest of the community.

Make the most of Stockcar Heat guys cause this is the last year so lets make it big one _b

Ps The admin team will be carrying on as normal and enforcing the rules like every other day. Please dont wreck it for the guys who want to make the most of these final months _b

Cheers Cop _b

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:17 pm

I cant really say I didn't see this coming. Something that I think needs to be mentioned that hasn't been said yet is. Heat is 10years old! Heat was made in early 2000 and it is still going! And will continue to go over at the likes of ukdirt, Speedsims and NHRL for a number of years. Heat is great, heat is it's own legend. It has set benchmarks that probably wont be matched. I dought we will still be playing rfactor in 5years time for it to make 10years.

rfactor2 has deadlines set as early as later this year. Once that release happens rfactor will become unpopular fast as everyone makes the move.

Biggest thanks for heat would have to go to Dirtnz, without him... There wouldn't be nothing. Inspire and KSR wouldn't have got behind him and provided a server and forum and the backing that we all came to expect over the years of great service, thanks Inspire! Without Dirt we wouldn't be here, we wouldn't have the better alternative of Kiwi Superstocks we wouldn't have nothing.
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:49 pm

RIP HEAT 2010 :tstone: :tstone: Your days maybe numbered but your memory will always live on.

Without heat and the help from inspire we would not be where we are today.
I owe everything to heat + this community and dirtnz.

Heat and this community made me realise that there nothing better than to play online against real people,
It also showed me that computers can be cool and not just for nerds. (chris56) :D
All the friends Ive made young and old is just amazing! theres nothing like going to speedway no matter which track your at and your bound to catch up with afew of the guys, it just makes going there even better and kills time before the meeting ya cant beat it.

Had some wicked time here in heat wheather it was racing, admining or running leagues + putting on wicked one off type events, Its been a blast and never to be forgotten in my mind.

Thanks once again Heat for everything! I am who I am because of you, cheers

:nz:

wanttobe

Post by wanttobe » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:59 pm

MENTL1_CHB wrote:RIP HEAT 2010 :tstone: :tstone:
It also showed me that computers can be cool and not just for nerds. (chris56) :D
:hysterical: :hysterical:

Buzz87h

Post by Buzz87h » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:02 pm

It will be sad to see Stockcar Heat gone ;( ;( Its final day should be a great one. Through this game ive learnt many new things including driving manouvers and self awareness which I have transfered to Ministock Racing and its done me a world of good _b Would like to Give a massive thank you to all the admin involved in this game to run events, deal with dropkicks and create a fun racing community. Good bye Stockcar Heat and its many followers. I know its a bit early but I thought id say it now and get it over and done with.

Nevin 87h ministock driver

P.s. If you ever see me at a speedway track in the crowd, come over and say hi, Ill either be in a fluro yellow shirt or Red and purple race overalls
Driver of 87H ministock
3rd Waikato Champs 09/10 , 1st Waiariki plate (2nd top 26) M.I.P 09/10, 1st B final Kihikihi stampede, 3rd Waikaraka park invasion
5th Waikaraka park invitational, 1st Whangarei Champs
Rebels: 96R (Captain)

BADASS_CHB

Post by BADASS_CHB » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:13 pm

:yikes:
That is some sad news, dam its coming to end,
Thanks to all the racers and admins for make a neat game to play,

From BADASS CREW
When the clutch drops the bullshit stops