Heat Servers Closing 30th September

shawry7y

Re: Heat Servers Closing 30th September

Post by shawry7y » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:15 pm

what a shame i was just getting back into heat. oh well bugger bugger bugger. met a few top blokes on here, sparky haydos lilcasper sidewinder mentl1 ratman 2lo jc nanna wanttobe 888 to name a few, will miss racing online with you boys, will have to get rfactor at some stage i thnk.

R.I.P

Stockar Heat

Shawry
Shawry
streety in the build
Bro Racing

wanttobe

Post by wanttobe » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 pm

shawry7y wrote:what a shame i was just getting back into heat. oh well bugger bugger bugger. met a few top blokes on here, sparky haydos lilcasper sidewinder mentl1 ratman 2lo jc nanna wanttobe 888 to name a few, will miss racing online with you boys, will have to get rfactor at some stage i thnk.

R.I.P

Stockar Heat

Shawry
Still 6 mths to go Shawry _b

Rocketship

Post by Rocketship » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:59 pm

I might pop in the server from time to time before the 30th - guess i should come in and see what racing is like over here, thats if i can get in the server :rolleyes: without some message trying to tell me that the host didnt respond.. :larf:

Tank fan

Post by Tank fan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:24 pm

It's sad to see it go,but everything must come to an end that some point of it's life.It's done us so well in the past.Congrats to the admin team and all those who played apart in putting together what is as we all call heat.Thanks for the good racing and hopefully in the future I'll race on rFactor.
R.I.P Heat...

wazzup

Post by wazzup » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:50 pm

hay my mates trying 2 make a server on heat but we dont no how so if u wana visit go to Please no advertising other websites at this stage. Please read 'The Future of Stockcar Heat' thread.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Ill write what I was going to write here as Im too slow to get in before a lock in another thread.

Some people need to read and understand.

In my opinion you have 2 options.

1. keep ignoring the obvious and start up your own we forum and twiddle around trying to dilute the community and what some of you are doing advertising on another forum promoting yourself when specifically asked not to. (NOT RECOMMENDED)

2. keep heat going at KSR until the current admins feel it is the right time to allow the community their discussion (civilised and positive), thus not diluting the heat community and head in a united direction forward. (RECOMMENDED)

Some people need to look at the big picture, one united community run properly is better than multiple "half arsed" ones. At least let Heat at KSR die gracefully and head forward on a positive note.

Heatadmin

Post by Heatadmin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:31 pm

well said Aaron _b
- Heatadmin

uturn

Post by uturn » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:56 pm

When your told you have 6 months to live you might not actually feel like you want to lie down and take it "gracefully".

Some will just accept it and try and make the most of the time left...
Some will try and make as much noise as they can in the hope that its not real and something, anything they do might make a difference...

Me... I say your just wrong... Stockcar Heat isnt dead... a piece of KSR is being surgically removed... primarily because its not valued by those in charge for the asset it actually is. Their loss... is someone elses gain... and at the moment its there for the taking... so go hard all you promoters and dilluters... one or more of you will be the driving force to take Stockcar heat to the next level...

Looking forward to it _b _b _b

stoodlee15b

Post by stoodlee15b » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:10 pm

_b :angel: _b

Great call guys

:smokin:
Stoods

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:33 pm

uturn wrote:When your told you have 6 months to live you might not actually feel like you want to lie down and take it "gracefully".

Some will just accept it and try and make the most of the time left...
Some will try and make as much noise as they can in the hope that its not real and something, anything they do might make a difference...

Me... I say your just wrong... Stockcar Heat isnt dead... a piece of KSR is being surgically removed... primarily because its not valued by those in charge for the asset it actually is. Their loss... is someone elses gain... and at the moment its there for the taking... so go hard all you promoters and dilluters... one or more of you will be the driving force to take Stockcar heat to the next level...

Looking forward to it _b _b _b
I disagree with your statement of "surgically removed" and "not valued" to me thats a slap in the face to KSR and Inspire... but yes you are allowed your opinion, I have been around heat for a lot longer than you think and having inspire as my ISP have a semi insite into things. There are people within this community that get praise for their contributions but the service of the servers from inspire is enormous and their will never be an appropriate thankyou to them. As I read your comment your saying that someone that sponsors your servers free of charge for years finally determines it is at a stage where it is not worth it is wrong... you dont and never have pay anything for it...

Also where did I say that heat is dead? quote me... all I said is obviously at KSR the time left for heat is running out... did I say dead?

My statement you obviously took negatively was "At least let Heat at KSR die gracefully and head forward on a positive note."... I read the forums and understand a majority of what is said hence my low post count meaning if I have something to say I mean it. This statement is based off this below: where 6 months is given as a time frame.
Heat Admin Team,

Unfortunately the time has come for KiwiSimRacing to remove it's support for Stockcar Heat. The idea was always there that once rFactor gained popularity and the numbers started to grow, that Heat would be dropped and rFactor would be the Superstock game for KiwiSimRacing members. With the release of the Kiwi Superstock MOD last year we have seen a rapid increase in the numbers racing rFactor,and for the Individual League recently started up they have over 80 members signed up and racing.

It has suprised many members just how long Heat has lasted and managed to keep numbers up, and it's only because of the hard work put in by all of you that this has happened. Thankyou for the countless hours you guys have put in to the running of Heat, and a special thankyou to Ratman who has given a lot of his spare time to not only keep Heat running smoothly but also updating the game with skins etc, thankyou Ratman.

We are not closing the doors on Heat immediately, we have decided that we will give you 6 months to sort out any final leagues and events, and will close the servers down on 30th September 2010. Hopefully this will also give yourselves and other members some time to get rFactor sorted so that you can join in on the fun in the Kiwi Superstocks if you wish.

Again, thankyou for all your time and effort team, and hopefully many of you will join in on rFactor in the near future.

Thankyou

KiwiSimRacing Admin

P.S. Are you guys happy to inform the rest of the community on this or would you prefer for us to do that?
To me Heat has been at KSR for a long time now and has had a few down periods with one major one I can think of that almost lost the game for good, but mostly times have been good which is why I said die "gracefully" I never said just lie down and let it die which is the last part of the statement "head forward on a positive note" meaning hopefully heat can continue on after KSR.

One thing I will not sit here and listen too (particularly from a current admin, yes your allowed your opinion but I mean... come on!) is listening to comments like
"a piece of KSR is being surgically removed... primarily because its not valued by those in charge for the asset it actually is. Their loss..."

Time and time again when people leave heat or this community the common thankyou is admins, KSR, Inspire and last but not least Dirt. With the admins help some sort off "old racer" farewell with some of the instrumental figures of this game and community getting together for one last bash at KSR would be quite nice.

Come on guys dont get negative towards KSR/Inspire they have done so much for this community and deserve your respect in their decisions.
Last edited by Aaron on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Aaron wrote: I read the forums and understand a majority of what is said hence my low post count meaning if I have something to say I mean it.
Amen Aaron bud I wish more people around here did the same thing -_-

515jr

Post by 515jr » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:25 am

rfactor costs like 70 bucks q- q- :Puke: :Puke: :bollocks_to_that_decision:

i guess im saving ;( ;( ;(

R.I.P Stockcar Heat :bollocks_to_that_decision: :drive: :hdriver: :cflag: :laola: :laola: :tstone: :grouphug:
racing since 09 :) 515r ministock

Shane51

Post by Shane51 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:23 pm

It is a shame to see such a good game leave ksr but it had to happen. A community like ksr has evolved so much over time. the amount of people who have been and gone in this game is outstanding. the things that have happend the memories that have been made and friendships also you would be hard to find it somewhere alse. I havnt played heat for a long time nor been involved for about 3 years but the friendships still last. like mentl said. meeting the people you race online with really does kill time before a meeting. I have met alot of people through this game and also made a few achievments. I would love to see a meeting on the 30th of sep of alot of the older guys of heat from 05 06 to have one friendly good by bash. Big ups to the guys who are trying to keep it going.
Big ups to dirtnz though for all hes done for speedway itself. i think this man needs a snz award

Cheers heat for all the memories

Fiddy1
( Kings Captain 3x Champions )
Safe Side Baker Side

wazzup

Post by wazzup » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:06 pm

sorry bout that

Murdock

Post by Murdock » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:32 am

515jr wrote:rfactor costs like 60 bucks q- q- :Puke: :Puke: :bollocks_to_that_decision:

i guess im saving ;( ;( ;(

R.I.P Stockcar Heat :bollocks_to_that_decision: :drive: :hdriver: :cflag: :laola: :laola: :tstone: :grouphug:
Osama Bin laden world hide and seek champion 99-2011

.....⌐¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¬.....
._//__R3223R__\\_.
/O¤O\ ______ /O¤O\
\¯¯¯¯| RB..RB |¯¯¯¯/
/_/OO\______/OO\_\