Ownership of heat?

Muz59w

Re: Ownership of heat?

Post by Muz59w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:08 pm

how many of you does it take to get at me lmao..

nice pic (;
-FAT$O

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:08 pm

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Muz59w wrote:Yes i know, my 6 year old sister would know that....

I tend to alter that statement, you may have permission but who is to say you can't get your own permission ;) ?

Oh maybe i should, that's pending on how i got the file "stockcar08"...
I think i received it via msn then put it into the nascar heat folder,
so i skipped all the t & c and never knew about it till this date rat
errr.... I think you are just missing the whole point of what ugmo and ratman just stated...

Muz59w

Post by Muz59w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 pm

If i am,

why don't you tell me then...
-FAT$O

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Point is, modifying, editing, changing files in any way of someones intellectual property is Illegal, unless you have permission from the creator/creators

Adding content to the game is not, but since the only thing you can add without editing any of the current files are tracks, or a complete new mod.

Muz59w

Post by Muz59w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:44 pm

Bull wrote:Point is, modifying, editing, changing files in any way of someones intellectual property is Illegal, unless you have permission from the creator/creators

Adding content to the game is not, but since the only thing you can add without editing any of the current files are tracks, or a complete new mod.
As i have read on the advanced txt in nascar heat folder, it does not state that,
May i have documentation before i have 60+ year olds acting as my parents ...
-FAT$O

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:47 pm

nascar heat is the game engine, stockcarheat is the mod...

now why dont you try to alter the kss mod in rfactor then as well

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Muz you say your going to have " New Tracks ",

Who's making these ? or are you just including random tracks you find on the net into the pack and race them on your server?

http://www.kiwicaptureit.co.nz
Never pick an argument with cf, its like picking an argument with a chick

Muz59w

Post by Muz59w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Ratman wrote:nascar heat is the game engine, stockcarheat is the mod...

now why dont you try to alter the kss mod in rfactor then as well
But, what it says is to edit the files of a mod?
Still waiting for that documentation, please don't change the subject.
But anyway, I'm doing that atm, haven't released it yet tho lol

Random, AND new tracks, we have a track builder, it edits the tracks so people can't say, "hey you can't race with those tracks" lmao
-FAT$O

Muz59w

Post by Muz59w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Yip, caught out..

That's what i thought. :p
-FAT$O

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:10 pm

ugmo wrote:It doesnt have to have a copyright on it to make it intellectual property, and intellectual property is covered under copyright law :)
its been answered many times over muz but since you want to rip off other peoples work then it really shows what sort of person you are

Muz59w

Post by Muz59w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Ok sweet as,
Yip i like to rip off ppl etc.. still not stopping me from doing it,
Thanks over and out.
-FAT$O

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Muz are you that stupid?

It doesn't need to say it in the Heat Documentation! Its a written law! You cant alter or claim ownership of anyones intellectual property without there permission.

People like you are what really irritates the rest of the modding community, people need to realize that they are stealing someone else's hours of hard work and in some cases (like SCH) years.

Oh and we aren't 60+ year olds either :)
Radioshack/Livestrong Racing 10gb
Team GB with Cottie, PnPete, Fangin_it and Metal666
Also the greatest driver never to win anything at KSR ever

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:24 pm

From what you have said you are wanting to add more cars and more tracks.

First Your about the 100th person who has came along saying I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna do that. Out of the 100 that have already tried only one has actually gone ahead and bloody well done it (good job to) and that's Ratman. So I'd take his advice as he knows his stuff. If you actually do make some new content good on ya, it is a lot of hours work.

Also saying your going to have new tracks in a mater of weeks? What a joke man, any good modder never puts a time limit on himself or his team of modder's. As a modder you want to create something of high quality. Giving yourself a cut off date is only sacrificing the level of quality. You know the amount of hours Dirt put into making each and every one of these tracks right? Lets just say one of his later tracks (Te Marua) after he had found shortcuts to lessen track making time etc was somewhere around 100 hours. You said you wanted to make cars as well. Somewhere around 50hours a car provided you know what you are doing (for a low quality car).

So lets weigh this all up. You have given yourself a deadline of a few weeks. I'll be generous and give you 4 weeks. Which is 28days, ends up being 672 hours. And you want to make new cars and new tracks. Lets again be generous and say only two cars and two tracks.

100 hours x 2 tracks = 200 hours
+
50 hours x 2 cars = 100 hours
200 + 100 = 300 hours

Lets give you 8hours sleep a night. That leaves you 448hours.

Also Monday to Friday lets make you go to school 8-3. 7 Hours.

7 Hours x 5 days a week = 35hours a week
35hours a week x 4 weeks = 140hours

Total hours in 4 weeks - 672
Sleeping hours - 224
Total hours - Sleeping hours = 448

Remaining hours - 448
School hours - 140
Remaining hours - School hours = 308 hours

Remaining hours - 308
Hours needed to work on new content - 300
Remaining hours - Hours needed to work on new content = 8

So provided everything goes to plan, you know what you are doing. You don't eat or shower over the next 4 weeks. You'll be able to forfill what you say.

But I've missed something very important in the above, how are you going to race against each other? Have you got a server to race on? Because they cost money? In order to get money you have to have a job. Say you work 10hours a week to just cover the cost of a server. Then you have quite easily surpassed your few weeks deadline that you have given yourself.

EDIT: I just wasted 45 minutes of my life writing that. Bit silly really I could have summed it up in three easy words.

You're a dickhead

:) Good day people of KSR. Continue posting and I shall make some popcorn and be back in 5 _b
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

uturn

Post by uturn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Under the Act, copyright protection comes into existence automatically when an original work is created and fixed. Registration of copyright is not required and no formal system for the registration of copyright exists in New Zealand.

A notice of copyright is not required because it is assumed for anything that has been created and fixed.

In effect it is up to a person or organisation that wishes to use or modify an existing work to seek permission to do that.

Copyright on computer software is valid/active for 50 years after the authors' death.

To conclude, without permission from all the relevant copyright holders you are subject to the NZ Copyright Act 2004 and the Copyright Amendment Act 2008.

Your best bet is to ask for permission from the relevant creators of the mods you wish to modify. That would include DirtNZ and if you wanted to use the version that is in use here or any subsequent versions would include Ratman.

Or you could always make your own _b

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:38 pm

This is the basics of it:
What Qualifies for Copyright Protection?

For a "work" or type of material to qualify for copyright protection, four conditions must generally be satisfied:

It must fall within one of the categories or subject matter in which copyright can exist;
It must be sufficiently "original";
The "author" must be a "qualified person"; and
Certain works must be fixed either in writing or some other material form.
In this case it matches all these criteria, as the models skins physics are all material form

Rights Conferred by Copyright

Under the Act, the owner of copyright in a work has the "exclusive right" to do certain "restricted acts" in relation to the work. These include:

Copying the work;
Publishing, issuing or selling copies of the work to the public;
The right to perform the work in public;
Playing the work in public;
Showing the work in public;
Broadcasting the work or including the work in a cable programme service;
Making an adaptation of the work or doing any of the above activities in relation to an adaptation; and
Authorising any other person to do any of the restricted activities listed above.

and

How Do You Protect Your Copyright?

Under the Act, copyright protection comes into existence automatically upon the creation of any original work.

Registration of copyright is not required and no formal system for the registration of copyright exists in New Zealand.

Although not required by law, it is a good idea to include a copyright statement or notice on a work. This will inform others that the work is subject to copyright protection and that consent is not granted for others to copy the work or deal with it in any other way restricted by copyright.

A common form of copyright notice consists of the © symbol, the name of the copyright owner and the year the copyright work was first published. For example: © Ministry of Economic Development, 2002.

I'll quote more if you would like, but in this case you need explicit permission to modify any files you wish to distribute

Muz59w

Post by Muz59w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Haha this ended up to be a joke now,
I think the owner should contact me via pm, noobs like the rest are just saying stuff... i want to hera from the creator!!

lol, uturn, you should of came down stairs the other night, then explained what you mean, because i have no idea what your on about,
i think i will just leave it there for the second time,
Theres numerous of people getting involved and theres one of me LOL,
this should just involve me rat and the (creator)
Not a bunch of hand me downs people that know the game very well, i don't want your input i want the input of people with higher power than the people who are trying to have there side of the story...
:larf:
-FAT$O

uturn

Post by uturn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:56 pm

If I'd known you were there I would have woken myself up and explained in graphic detail what I mean.

Maybe next time _b

Muz59w

Post by Muz59w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Oh, woops undy told me you were on your computer lol (i think)
Might need to make another stop off you you "can explain" in you what ever detail.. ;)
-FAT$O

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 am

Muz59w wrote:Haha this ended up to be a joke now,
I think the owner should contact me via pm, noobs like the rest are just saying stuff... i want to hera from the creator!!

lol, uturn, you should of came down stairs the other night, then explained what you mean, because i have no idea what your on about,
i think i will just leave it there for the second time,
Theres numerous of people getting involved and theres one of me LOL,
this should just involve me rat and the (creator)
Not a bunch of hand me downs people that know the game very well, i don't want your input i want the input of people with higher power than the people who are trying to have there side of the story...
:larf:
If you want to answer one person a question man without others seeing of adding their own input. Best you use the private message function of this forum. Seeing as this is a public forum, anyone can and will add their two cents to any thread they wish too. If you want only one person to answer like I say best you use that feature.

You want them to contact you? :larf: Why!? They have nothing whatsoever to gain from going out of their busy days to contact you. YOU want something from them. So best YOU go contacting them.

No one is trying to have their own side of the story. In fact my post was only directed at how un-thought out your side of the story was. You want input of people with higher power? The people that have been posting are very well known. In fact there have been three HeatAdmin reply to your posts (I'm guessing you want their input, but your getting it?), a Kiwi Superstock Admin, and a Motor Racing admin. You want people with more power? Shit

There is a right way to go about this man and I commend you for giving it a go. But unfortunately your going about it all the wrong way.
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Bull

Post by Bull » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:15 am

If YOU want to edit THEIR game, best idea is YOU get in contact with THEM. People these days, lack morales, respect, and simple bloody common sense.

Ratman

Post by Ratman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:50 am

Muz59w wrote:I think the owner should contact me via pm, noobs like the rest are just saying stuff... i want to hera from the creator!!
Why should Dirtnz contact you? Wend I did what I wanted to do I contacted him not the other way around...
Muz59w wrote:this should just involve me rat and the (creator)
last time I looked I was one of those you have listed and have given you answers but you have just been saying well i'm going to do it anyway hence why the others have had input as well.

You have also been shown the copywrite laws as well for intellectual property but you choose not to listen...

People here have tried to twll you whats what but you think its just a joke...

Muz59w

Post by Muz59w » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:23 am

No no no, it isn't me coming to you's about, i want to do this i want to do that, it is i that is doing the stuff already then you have you guys who are stopping me,
contact me if you wish to stop me, not contact me if i can do this, because at the end of the day, this is going to happen,
try to stop me? i would recommend contacting me...

as to your post rat,
lets see what happens between now and when it is released, i am currently in the south island with limited internet,
i may log in when i get back home,
otherwise i have nothing else to say.
-FAT$O

MadaMaoriJR

Post by MadaMaoriJR » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:32 am

Your a total idiot young musgrove!!

wanttobe

Post by wanttobe » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:54 am

Bull wrote:If YOU want to edit THEIR game, best idea is YOU get in contact with THEM. People these days, lack morales, respect, and simple bloody common sense.
_b _b

I see your avatar has the right name for you muz