rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Image
Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Post Reply
User avatar
Growler
Posts: 3669
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Growler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Image

A few of us have been firing up Historix on rfactor 1 lately as its still an awesome mod.

Seca has kindly offered to put up a server next Tuesday (20th August) running a few NZ tracks.
Look for KSR HistorX in the server list.

Feel free to jump on for a few fun races using various classes etc. Plenty of sideways action is guaranteed.

We'll start the races at 8:30pm

Download Links

NZ Track Pack - https://mega.nz/#!9tMSSIiK!AaxyMzIkyGyL ... QtZ1Ei6Mvk
HistorX Part 1 - https://mega.nz/#!g0VSyYaT!nUki6KA0wSmA ... RcduE4pNTw
HistorX Part 2 - https://mega.nz/#!RgdEBKJL!sYm_Au8zo_bH ... KjDijKe0z0

You will need a copy of GT Legends installed to install HistorX from the links above.



User avatar
Riven
Server Guru
Posts: 3451
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:08 pm
Location: InSPire Net NOC Room
Contact:

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Riven » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:28 pm

GT Legends on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/44690/GT_Legends/

If you install it to licence HistoriX, ensure you install GT Legends in the defaults C:\ location for Steam games.
Otherwise the HistoriX install will fail!

User avatar
Riftcreator
Posts: 4059
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:47 pm
Location: Christchurch
Contact:

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Riftcreator » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:31 am

For those who don't have GTL, have lost their disk, or are having trouble getting rFactor to run etc but want to join in the fun, Flick me a pm.

I'm sure I can help with a link. ;)

ORA-Ulee Deway
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:02 am

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by ORA-Ulee Deway » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:44 am

If only I could!!! The time difference makes it impossible for me. I love this stuff. Good Luck with it.

User avatar
kerryland
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:48 am

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by kerryland » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:03 am

Gutted! I'd love to race this, but I'm away on holiday. Bum.

User avatar
Growler
Posts: 3669
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Growler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:02 pm

kerryland wrote:Gutted! I'd love to race this, but I'm away on holiday. Bum.
I'm sure if there is enough interest there will be other fun nights...

User avatar
Riftcreator
Posts: 4059
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:47 pm
Location: Christchurch
Contact:

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Riftcreator » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:22 pm

Growler wrote:
kerryland wrote:Gutted! I'd love to race this, but I'm away on holiday. Bum.
I'm sure if there is enough interest there will be other fun nights...
Absolutely, and you never know. Enough committed people we could run a series?

User avatar
kerryland
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:48 am

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by kerryland » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:58 am

Riftcreator wrote:
Growler wrote:
kerryland wrote:Gutted! I'd love to race this, but I'm away on holiday. Bum.
I'm sure if there is enough interest there will be other fun nights...
Absolutely, and you never know. Enough committed people we could run a series?
I'm back in nz on September. Count me in

Yoda_NZ
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:08 pm

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Yoda_NZ » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:22 am

I've been wondering why there hasn't been much activity on the site then this turns up. Was looking at rejoining for the next series.

But I removed rFactor 1 off my new computer build to save space. Going to have to dig it all back up again now.

Rifty if I can't find anything I might drop you a PM.

User avatar
Bull
Posts: 7379
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:12 am
Location: Your Mirror
Contact:

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Bull » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Yoda_NZ wrote:I've been wondering why there hasn't been much activity on the site then this turns up. Was looking at rejoining for the next series.

But I removed rFactor 1 off my new computer build to save space. Going to have to dig it all back up again now.

Rifty if I can't find anything I might drop you a PM.
It's just been a bit of unfortunate timing last 3-6 months where all the admin/organisers have been busy with other life events. We will be getting a full rFactor 2 series up later this year.

Erik
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Erik » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:01 pm

I've somewhere found the mod package ;p and it all seems to work fine but I don't get any sound when I'm in the car. However, I do have sound in the menu and all, any tips on where to look? The interface sure is.......different LOL

User avatar
Riftcreator
Posts: 4059
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:47 pm
Location: Christchurch
Contact:

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Riftcreator » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:57 pm

Erik wrote:I've somewhere found the mod package ;p and it all seems to work fine but I don't get any sound when I'm in the car. However, I do have sound in the menu and all, any tips on where to look? The interface sure is.......different LOL
I'm sure there is a "patch" for that ....

User avatar
DRIFTking
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:56 pm
Location: gisborne

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by DRIFTking » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Riftcreator wrote:For those who don't have GTL, have lost their disk, or are having trouble getting rFactor to run etc but want to join in the fun, Flick me a pm.

I'm sure I can help with a link. ;)

Wish i read this before buying it ffs
DRIFTking is my name, DRIFTING is my game

User avatar
DRIFTking
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:56 pm
Location: gisborne

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by DRIFTking » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:25 pm

Riven wrote:If you install it to licence HistoriX, ensure you install GT Legends in the defaults C:\ location for Steam games.
Otherwise the HistoriX install will fail!

Mines in D drive cause i cant have it on C drive with my windows. is there any way around this or do i just get a refund.
DRIFTking is my name, DRIFTING is my game

User avatar
vandem
GPL luddite
Posts: 2169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:59 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by vandem » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:32 pm

HistorX ... has made me drag out the wheel. _b

User avatar
vandem
GPL luddite
Posts: 2169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:59 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by vandem » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:34 pm

DRIFTking wrote:
Riven wrote:If you install it to licence HistoriX, ensure you install GT Legends in the defaults C:\ location for Steam games.
Otherwise the HistoriX install will fail!

Mines in D drive cause i cant have it on C drive with my windows. is there any way around this or do i just get a refund.
Try creating a folder on C and copying files from D. IIRC HistorX doesn't need GTL runing, just checks on the existence of some files.

User avatar
Seca
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:53 pm

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Seca » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:37 pm

join on discord and can help sort

Erik
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Erik » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:08 am

OK installed RF1 on the default location on C:\Program Files(x86)\rFactor then put the HistoriX mod over it - started up, created new profile, etc. And still no in-game sound. I have multiple sound devices, the onboard audio of my motherboard but my Plantronics USB headset is it's own USB sound device. I suspect that the 3D engine may be defaulting to the onboard sound card perhaps? I do have sounds in the menus though.

User avatar
Riftcreator
Posts: 4059
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:47 pm
Location: Christchurch
Contact:

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Erik wrote:OK installed RF1 on the default location on C:\Program Files(x86)\rFactor then put the HistoriX mod over it - started up, created new profile, etc. And still no in-game sound. I have multiple sound devices, the onboard audio of my motherboard but my Plantronics USB headset is it's own USB sound device. I suspect that the 3D engine may be defaulting to the onboard sound card perhaps? I do have sounds in the menus though.
PM sent.

I've made another "patch" ;) Let me know how that goes.

User avatar
Bull
Posts: 7379
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:12 am
Location: Your Mirror
Contact:

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Bull » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Erik wrote:OK installed RF1 on the default location on C:\Program Files(x86)\rFactor then put the HistoriX mod over it - started up, created new profile, etc. And still no in-game sound. I have multiple sound devices, the onboard audio of my motherboard but my Plantronics USB headset is it's own USB sound device. I suspect that the 3D engine may be defaulting to the onboard sound card perhaps? I do have sounds in the menus though.
You need to install both games in C:\Programs Files\ not the (x86) folder.

User avatar
Riven
Server Guru
Posts: 3451
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:08 pm
Location: InSPire Net NOC Room
Contact:

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Riven » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:53 pm

We should run this track tomorrow night...

We ran it in the NZrFL21 for Historix

https://mega.nz/#!ToEzhIrC!15lZUEOWWalg ... 3tNW-xu4q8

User avatar
Riftcreator
Posts: 4059
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:47 pm
Location: Christchurch
Contact:

Re: rFactor HistoriX GT & Touring Cars Fun Night - 20th August

Post by Riftcreator » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:21 pm

Sorry I wasn't there chaps, movie night with the Mrs.

Post Reply