NZNL - Season 5 - Race 1 - Supercell

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Jay

Post by Jay » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:14 pm

DAZA wrote:
Eagle32 wrote:Daza - Use your own pit stall please :p
yeah sorry about that Eagle :o ...was a bit too cautious on that 2nd pitstop after getting taken/spun out in the 1st pitstop (thanks Jay ;p :D ) and completly stuffed it up :crazy:

No problem mate, I'm still trying to figure out why you were so far to the right and needing to pit still. When you darted across to move into your pit I had no where to go. :D

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:18 pm

Where shall we start...

VR Race ... went smoothly, except for screwing up the pitstop by going too close to the wall, and having to do another pitstop to change the left side tyres. Thanks to everyone for a smooth race in my first time out as Nascar Race Control, lets hope it continues for when I know what to do :)

Inspire Praccy - A lot of pit stop practice :D

Inspire Qual - I am still shaking my head as to how I qualified 4th. I decided to race smoothly rather than squeaking every last inch after I nailed the wall in T2 on the 2nd VR Qual Lap.

Inspire Race -
* Either Mark R missed the start completely or there were some strategic planning from Monsters Inc. :rolleyes:
* First ding, and the one that really killed my race, was getting clipped by one of two cars that had already gone around, the big killer being that I had only pitted the previous lap, which meant that I could not change my strategy to stay on a 5-stopper.
* Second ding was when Odie (whom I really drafted well with) surprised me with showing the pitting in message quite late, and lost it while trying to ensure I didn't ram him from behind. Had to pit from the grass due to blown tyres and got the 30sec penalty.
* Final ding was in the last corner when I took the high line to get some cars who were laps ahead of me to race to the finish and someone slid up the track and got into me, meaning that I crossed the line spinning like a top :eek:

All in all, while the final result (27th) was disappointing, it does give me confidence in that I can race in the top half of the field at a drafting track, and that it looks good for the rest of the season. I did well at MichiganBR last season, so I will be looking for my first Cup-class top 10.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:25 pm

ya know dings included, I think she was a cracker bit of fun that race :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:34 pm

GarethRobinson wrote: * Second ding was when Odie (whom I really drafted well with) surprised me with showing the pitting in message quite late, and lost it while trying to ensure I didn't ram him from behind. Had to pit from the grass due to blown tyres and got the 30sec penalty.
I was hitting the pitting key everytime I came off of turn 2, heck a couple times where there were cars behind me, I hit it 2 or 3 times, just so everyone would see it. That is the only bad thing about auto chat, if there are messages in the queue, then it may take time to hit the screen.
Odie

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:28 pm

Well lots of bad things happened in last nights race but the one thing that peeved me off the most was this incident.

I have made a short movie of the incident and you can clearly see me (red race suit & helmut) come up behind Flyboy (obvious by the small thing dangly between his legs) who is going much slower than me deliberately block me and try to out race me.

This was a shocking piece of driving and I'm calling for Flyboy (and his small dangling thing) to be removed from our league immediately.

Flyboy Movie Right Click & Save As if it doesn't play in media player (1.92mb)
Inspector

---

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:36 pm

odonohuesp wrote:
GarethRobinson wrote: * Second ding was when Odie (whom I really drafted well with) surprised me with showing the pitting in message quite late, and lost it while trying to ensure I didn't ram him from behind. Had to pit from the grass due to blown tyres and got the 30sec penalty.
I was hitting the pitting key everytime I came off of turn 2, heck a couple times where there were cars behind me, I hit it 2 or 3 times, just so everyone would see it. That is the only bad thing about auto chat, if there are messages in the queue, then it may take time to hit the screen.
Especially when %50+ of the field are going to be pitting on the same lap... I also annouce my pits-stops on vent in the main channel.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:45 pm

Considering some people have in-game chat messages disabled as well. Text messages are deffinitely not to be relied upon.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:24 pm

Inspector wrote:Well lots of bad things happened in last nights race but the one thing that peeved me off the most was this incident.

I have made a short movie of the incident and you can clearly see me (red race suit & helmut) come up behind Flyboy (obvious by the small thing dangly between his legs) who is going much slower than me deliberately block me and try to out race me.

This was a shocking piece of driving and I'm calling for Flyboy (and his small dangling thing) to be removed from our league immediately.

:larf:

The most annoying song ever!!

Chaulk another race up for Monsters Inc. ;p
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:32 pm

I agree Riven, but sometimes it is hard to get a word in and I would rather concentrate on my driving than trying to hit the talk button everytime someone stops talking.

Eagle.....so what do you do if you do not have a mic and you the drivers behind you can not see the message?
Odie

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:10 pm

Revolting race really for me. I was in p2 and blew my second pit stop resulting in a Black flag. Then Naffed my next pit entry resulting in a 30 sec penalty.

On track there were MANY near misses and it was one of the most fun races I have been in, apart from the result, but there are 7 more!

Apparently I won the Race Seat so it really doesnt matter where I finished lol.

Massive thanks to VR and I will do a User Review of it when it arrives!!
Cant wait.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:12 pm

odonohuesp wrote:I agree Riven, but sometimes it is hard to get a word in and I would rather concentrate on my driving than trying to hit the talk button everytime someone stops talking.

Eagle.....so what do you do if you do not have a mic and you the drivers behind you can not see the message?

If there is someone right behind you then you should pit before the corner - harsh I know but if they hit you because you slow suddenly for no apparent reason then you are in the wrong = a possible penalty.

Up to you if you take the risk of a last second pit entry.
Inspector

---

Skelo

Post by Skelo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:43 pm

A Little something for Inspector....

I believe the red "whooshing" object is a Vengeance Draft...

Enjoy.

More at:http://www.fridayfun.net/crazy_frog/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skelo
V Racing

Skelo

Post by Skelo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:48 pm

Try the "shoot the frog" link..its a crackup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skelo
V Racing

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:30 pm

odonohuesp wrote:Eagle.....so what do you do if you do not have a mic and you the drivers behind you can not see the message?
I'm not saying anything other than "you can't assume the people behind you have seen (or heard) the message" and there are rules about slowing on the racing line to pit. You take a chance if you do, as Inspector says. I guess the rule will be tested this week as I've laid a protest (my first) against someone else for doing exactly that.

My approach is to re-position myself at the back of the draft a couple of laps before I need to pit so I've got at least a 1.5s gap behind me. If I'm in a position where I can't do that I get off on the back straight (very rarely happens).

Wasn't really an issue last night as you could come down off the corner at very near full tilt. .5s was easily enough room to get clear without anyone hitting you.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:46 pm

_b
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:53 pm

Inspector wrote:Well lots of bad things happened in last nights race but the one thing that peeved me off the most was this incident.

:rofl: Go Flyboy!!!! :D
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:01 pm

I'm busted :devil:
Last edited by Flyboy69 on Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:05 pm

it plays in media player 10 ok
classic stuff inspector
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

odonohuesp

Close Call with Google

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:57 pm

This was around 16:55 of the race. ON the server replay there was contact, so I am unsure how I survived this one.
Odie

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:05 pm

I didnt survive it, :rolleyes: But atleast I didnt land on my roof.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:29 am

I 2nd Odie on the chat thing. People can't rely on Ventrillo for all communication (I'm still trying to figure out everyone's voice), and I keep an eye on the txt screen for who is pitting.

It's just one of those things. :rolleyes:
YouTube videos

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:50 pm

you shouldn't even need to know if the person is pitting infront of you or not, if their pitting is going to cause you grief then their pit is a dangerous one and they should be pinged accordingly for stupid driving.

The rules state that you should not slow on the racing line to pit, how simple does it have to be ? O_o

:>
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:22 pm

I think it very much helps if you know the person in front is about to pit, it's what the pit message is for and I always try to pay attention to those messages to know who is pitting.

Also if the track has 2 racing lines such as Supercell does then there may be occasions when you need to slow slightly in order to make a safe transition from the racing surface to the apron.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:05 pm

I dissagree MarkR >8p. Every track has a place you can get off the track without a dodgy transition. If your transition from the bank to the apron is going to be dodgy and you have to slow down because of it, then you shouldn't leave the track at that place.
:>