Protest Results NZNL Race 1

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Mattly

Post by Mattly » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:05 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:
UnbounD wrote:From now one perhaps.......

Lock the Thread

:D
I think it is good the talk about it and let everyone voice their OWN opinions.
I totally disagree Flyboy and i think you should put your hand up for the commitee so you can get abit of perspective. O_o

And for the rest of you i say the same. Think how your posts look to someone on the outside? If you have been given a penalty, take it like men and stop complaining, it's poor form! :mad:

You all need to realise that when you agree to join the league you agreed to the rules of that league. The commitees job is to enforce the rules, but they only do so when a driver complains. They are the best guys here and how often do you see them putting a protest? It's ok to not like certain drivers you race with, that's part of the excitement, but don't get annoyed at the commitee for their attitudes.

That's my 2 cents and for those of you who are complaining, i look forwards to Wednesday so i can defeat you on the track!!!! ;)
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:11 pm

We deliberately started this thread unlocked for the purpose of getting the competitors feedback.

This is your/our league and we have volunteered to run it on behalf of all of us and therefore we need your input to run/control it how you, the competitors, want it run.

The things to remember are:

The committee are all human and make mistakes and have opinions that differ from each other as well as you.

The committee can not please all of you all of the time. We do try but you know it is not going to happen. If we have not pleased you then make it known but in a mature fashion.

The committee put in a lot of time and effort and out of that they get to race in an organised multiplayer league, which members of the committee love to do, that is why we make the effort, it is not because we like you. We just want to race and that will not happen if the effort is not put in by someone.

In summary, we are trying our best and with feedback from the competitors and organising experience we will get better and the league will get better. I like you make mistakes and form opinions about incidents that I am involved in that you and others see totally different. I am learning to live with being wrong occasionally and realising that even though I think others are wrong, they are entitled to their opinion.

However, I will not take the abuse and accustions I got last season from a select few drivers and I will be protesting them this time round. I will not respond to abusive or angry replies in the forum. We are supposed to be a grown up bunch of guys playing a game and if you can't act like that then I really don't want to race with you any more. Communicate your issues, questions or suggestions in a proper manner and lets work together to fix the problems or mistakes and have some fun.

I hate being one of the ones that makes and enforces rules, you become a target for everyone, but you all know full well without them this league would not be so good so I do it. All I ask is you show a little respect for our efforts and contribute in a mature manner.

This post is not directed at anyone in particular, especially not from within this thread, but it is directed at the attitude that some people created last season in their abusive posts and that attitude seems to be coming back and it needs to stop now.

Thanks to all the drivers who have shown us your support. There is a small few who make life difficult for us league after league, and my comments are only directed at them, the majority of you are a pleasure to race with and make this forum a great place to come.
Inspector

---

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:41 pm

Happy wrote:You're talking about a 2 point, maybe a 4 point inconsistency Jay, It's neither here nor there when you look at the total races and total points available. It's too hard to be consistent and the committee shouldn't have to waste time looking at small inconsistencies.
Remember the committee is a group of people who want to help run nascar, not necessarily a group of people who are suited to help.
It's funny you say that Happy I would gladly raise my hand to be part of the committee but being American and most of the time not seeing things the way most of the community does, that's why I don't raise my hand. Plus I'm no where near Odie status in this league as far as voicing an opinion or having a say. I think that because of my difference in opinion that I would hurt the league more than help if I was on the committee.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:52 pm

Jay wrote:
Happy wrote:You're talking about a 2 point, maybe a 4 point inconsistency Jay, It's neither here nor there when you look at the total races and total points available. It's too hard to be consistent and the committee shouldn't have to waste time looking at small inconsistencies.
Remember the committee is a group of people who want to help run nascar, not necessarily a group of people who are suited to help.
It's funny you say that Happy I would gladly raise my hand to be part of the committee but being American and most of the time not seeing things the way most of the community does, that's why I don't raise my hand. Plus I'm no where near Odie status in this league as far as voicing an opinion or having a say. I think that because of my difference in opinion that I would hurt the league more than help if I was on the committee.
Jay we respect Odie's opinion cause he told us he wouldn't stop America invading us if we didn't! ;p
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:53 pm

Mattly wrote:
Flyboy69 wrote:
UnbounD wrote:From now one perhaps.......

Lock the Thread

:D
I think it is good the talk about it and let everyone voice their OWN opinions.
I totally disagree Flyboy and i think you should put your hand up for the commitee so you can get abit of perspective. O_o

And for the rest of you i say the same. Think how your posts look to someone on the outside? If you have been given a penalty, take it like men and stop complaining, it's poor form! :mad:

You all need to realise that when you agree to join the league you agreed to the rules of that league. The commitees job is to enforce the rules, but they only do so when a driver complains. They are the best guys here and how often do you see them putting a protest? It's ok to not like certain drivers you race with, that's part of the excitement, but don't get annoyed at the commitee for their attitudes.

That's my 2 cents and for those of you who are complaining, i look forwards to Wednesday so i can defeat you on the track!!!! ;)
Flyboy has been on the commitee silly boy.
And mattly this is a open forum so people need to voice there opinions even if we have agreed to the rules or not, So stop acting all adult like and enjoy the ride :p

Inspector as always you guys do a marvellous job _b

So can i have my 8 points back now ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:00 pm

Mattly wrote:
Jay wrote:
Jay we respect Odie's opinion cause he told us he wouldn't stop America invading us if we didn't! ;p

Well I guess I'm saying the same thing

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:01 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:
Mattly wrote:
Flyboy69 wrote: I think it is good the talk about it and let everyone voice their OWN opinions.

Flyboy has been on the commitee silly boy.
And mattly this is a open forum so people need to voice there opinions even if we have agreed to the rules or not, So stop acting all adult like and enjoy the ride :p

Inspector as always you guys do a marvellous job _b

So can i have my 8 points back now ;p
I would like some Team Marine points to be lifted with Snake's points..... :D

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:05 pm

Yeah maybe Snake, Flyboy i apologise and retract my comment towards you. However I still think anyone complaining about their penalty is showing poor sportsmanship and i'm glad to see that most of the drivers don't stoop to a "tit for tat" mentalty. If 5 people view an incident and find you guillty then your guilty. That includes you Wogers. ;p
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:07 pm

Jay wrote:
TonyG wrote:The reason that there is a difference in points deducted is that the committee is 5 individuals (4 at the moment until Jetboy is back) and each member votes individually, then it is averaged.

So each member sees things diferently, whereas one might see an incident as serious and penalise accordingly another may give a more lenient penalty.
That ensures that we have an impartial committee and not just a unilateral view.
I hope that explains it :)
Thanks for the explaination Tony but I already knew that about the committee so that means that the four of you saw Mike's incident as being worse than Viking causing a wreak??? O.K. The committe as spoken bring on the next race _b
I for example would ping someone more points for driving out on the track in an attempt to cause a road block but failing and not causing a ding over someone who caused a ding because because they lost concentration and went up the rear end of someone.

It's the severity of the actions of the driver that often dictates the point deduction, not nessecarily what happens afterwards.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:22 pm

The wise old fox has spoken. So when will the points be updated and Bazzil moved to sixth? hehe ;p
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:26 pm

The bible has less words than this page....... Im glad i aint done nothin wrong....... yet :D

I agree Inspector, its nice too have feedback etc, but Im also for the whole "you read the rules, live with them, Lock the Thread" thing.

But its all good in the end!

(as long as I dont do anything wrong!)
"Run Yasmine Run"

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:28 pm

Almost forgot.....

This shows that I have faith in the members of the commitee, they will do the right thing (as long as I dont do anything wrong ;) )
"Run Yasmine Run"

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:39 pm

On to more important things like that GTR game :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:08 pm

Mattly wrote:The wise old fox has spoken. So when will the points be updated and Bazzil moved to sixth? hehe ;p
Yus well I dunno about you but i'm looking forward to my second week qualifying ;)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:13 pm

Jay wrote: It's funny you say that Happy I would gladly raise my hand to be part of the committee but being American and most of the time not seeing things the way most of the community does, that's why I don't raise my hand. Plus I'm no where near Odie status in this league as far as voicing an opinion or having a say. I think that because of my difference in opinion that I would hurt the league more than help if I was on the committee.
What the?! We all thought you and Odie were Japanese...

:cute:
Don't make me destroy you.

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:50 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
Mattly wrote:The wise old fox has spoken. So when will the points be updated and Bazzil moved to sixth? hehe ;p
Yus well I dunno about you but i'm looking forward to my second week qualifying ;)
Hmmn yes, Whilst I lost around 50 points in placings, those found guilty of causing this loose a combined 22 points. This means that the punishment is totally disproportionate from the crime. More like a slap in the face with a wet bus pass. O_o

I'd like to see higher penalties, so the punishment is a TRUE reflection of the crime (being one that makes driving mistakes I am putting a curse on my future) and a higher exit value from the league, say 200. _b
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:20 pm

I agree with bitme 100%. I feel I got of very lightly with my penalty, 11 Points hardly seems fair when the other people involved probably lost at least 7 positions (21-35 points). in real racing series I would of had to make a drive through penalty which would have cost me about 7 or 8 positions which would be about 21-40 points.

Well that’s my 2 cents worth

see ya in Michigan in 2 days

:neo:

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:26 pm

Fair comments from both Biteme and Murphy.

In answer to these comments there are two things that spring to my mind.

1. If the same accident had cost another driver one place they would have jumped up and down if we had slammed them maximum points, so the committee never ever look at the result of an incident, we try to look at what a particular driver did wrong, tap someone, hit in the pits, brake the rules etc etc, and we penalise points based on that mistake not the result of their mistake, that does not rate a point penalty, just the mistake they made.

2. This is a short season this time round and we (the evil committee) did not want to ruin anyones season in the first race. We have taken into account that the drivers have matured immensly in their attitude over the last few seasons and the incidents last week were nearly all misjudgements/mistakes in a pressure driving situation. We have very few drivers left in our league who we go "look out it's him again" and the penalties are reflecting this. The result of the protests in hindsight did not turn out perfect I admit, but I am taking more notice of the comments and advise handed out instead of the points they lost, and that it what we all should be doing.
Inspector

---

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:11 pm

Mattly wrote:Yeah maybe Snake, Flyboy i apologise and retract my comment towards you. However I still think anyone complaining about their penalty is showing poor sportsmanship and i'm glad to see that most of the drivers don't stoop to a "tit for tat" mentalty. If 5 people view an incident and find you guillty then your guilty. That includes you Wogers. ;p
Mattly I wasn't complaining just stating that i think its good to talk about what & why these happened. I nearly said I would help out again this season, but now I have other things that come before racing and didnt want to spend the little spare time I have reviewing replays.

I feel that Inspector may have been pointing me out in a earlier post about last season, which looking back on it, I did try and stir a little shit, but I think I was mainly because I was having shite season., so this is going to happen from a few drivers every season. After giving it out I feel I shouldnt have as the commitee are doing the best they can.

I do miss the drivers abuse after each race that used to happen, that was all part of the fun, but we have all grown along with the NZNL and now we have a great league that is been run in the best way possible. I think we have to let the committee run it in the same way and watch this league grow to better and better things.

If someone submits a protest against you the best thing to do is send a email to the committee explaining your point of view, it may or may not work, but a least you have it a shot.

Just remember if you are getting protested against, you generally have made a error in one form or another.

Gee, thats a big post for me, bed time I think after the hard work I put into this post. ;p
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:09 am

Good positive response Fly and a good sum up of the situation.

Gee that's a short post for me, I had better go to work and catch up on my sleep now.......
Inspector

---

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:37 am

That's good advice there :D
YouTube videos

famin

Post by famin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:00 am

gee... must be time for me to return if youve all matured THAT much....

;p
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:40 am

famin wrote:gee... must be time for me to return if youve all matured THAT much....
;p
O_o D:

;p
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:43 am

Some things mature with age, others just go rotten.......

Committee reserve the right to change the rules without further notice.

OK team, let's impliment emergency plan alpha, sheilds up, blast doors closed, thick skin applied.

OK Famin, you can come back now........... :eek:
Inspector

---

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:55 pm

Still waiting for the points to be deducted on simracerhq! :ffs:
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast