NZNL - InSPire.net Season 5 - Race 5 - DaytonaBR Hardcore

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Viking

Post by Viking » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:50 am

Well that has to be some of the stupidest racing I've seen in this league at the start of a race. Its an enduro and people at the middle to back of the pack were going 3 wide before the first 10 laps were completed. A ding waiting to happen, and when it did I was spun into the pits, and got a black flag for pitlane. Not very impressed, and not the only one to get caught up in that ding. Race ruined before the first pitstop.

Dunno what Flyboy was thinking trying to jam it in the middle of a train as he was being passed. No way I could avoid hitting you there as from my point of view you swerved so hard ya got loose.

Lastly apols to Jetboy. When Unbound and Mikool got together it stuffed up my pit entry, and I had to pit as I was out of fuel and didnt think I could make another lap.

Surprised to finish as high as I did.

Congrats to Inspector for the win.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:52 am

Now that was a serious test of keeping the eyeballs from falling out

Had about 4-5 runs drafting with Wraith which was all good, running 3rd for most of the race but got caught in a ding and slid back a bit....bit of fun near then end as I busily tried to swap paint with the back of Rivens car but the beer swilling old bugger managed to hold me off.....quite likely keen to get to the race end to continue racing but just to the toliet ;p

hehe wondered what was going on there Viking...expression was :eek:

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:32 am

I got Squished in the wall by a bully car (google) early on lol, apart from that incident free except for losing my drafting several times when backing of ever so slightly for an accident ,when cars i was drafting went through full noise :eek:
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

mikool

Re: re

Post by mikool » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:09 am

MadMarty13 wrote:I got Squished in the wall by a bully car (google) early on lol, apart from that incident free except for losing my drafting several times when backing of ever so slightly for an accident ,when cars i was drafting went through full noise :eek:
I held my line, you came down.... (have not seen replay yet but I know I did)
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:41 am

Yep, good race, apologies to Bold for bumping after you slowed for a collison, I braked, but obviously not hard enough, Unfortunatly my replay didn't save and Bazzil has decided to protest me on it, so I will have a look at that soon.

Bad luck Odie, definitely not the Monsters season :) Well done Riven, thought I might catch you towards the end but the draft wasn't quite fast enough.

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:11 am

odonohuesp wrote:Gareth...there was nothing you could really do about our incident, we were in the turn and a couple cars in front lifted which required me to lift and you could not lift fast enough.. No worries
No problem Odie, I was surprised at the fact that I was able to draft effectivly with you at times given that your car was jumping sideways about a car width each side probably due to lag. The server was pretty sensitive to connection problems for both the VRC and the InSPire races last night.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:50 am

Ahh, a night of if-only. Qualified 4th on the 1st qualification session, went to the loo came back and found out I had one warm up lap to qual for the revised qual ! Haha. Not really suprising, I qualified last. Oh well.

My apologies to Viking for going too fast with flat tyres and not having enough control on lap 6. Totally wrong thing to do. Sorry. Feel free to protest on my bad driving.

The incident on lap 5 , looking at my replay, came from MadMarty drifting down low on a 3 wide corner in turn 3, into Mikools lane who was riding high. After that everything went crapola.

But the bloody track is wide enough to run 3 wide IF PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO HOLD THEIR LINES ! . Get into a lane. Stay there.

The tight drafting achieved with Inspector, Riven et all was good, and helped drag me back from 32nd to 12th. But it seems to me some people didn't realise that to be able to stay in a draft just how much people had to lift off on some corners, etc. It's not just driving with the foot flat to the floor, unless you're the lead car. So our 4 pack of cars was topping 190 on the back straight.

Same stuff and rants by everyone every week fellas. Some people can draft with others well. Some people want to race to the inside lane at every opportunity and win by lap 3. Just because you're fast doesn't mean you're good.

.end rant
.goto 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Prometheus on Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube videos

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:05 am

First of all, sorry to all I stuffed up by restarting the qualifying round. :o
The worst part of it all was getting 25th the first time round and the 8th on the second go. O_o

Well I must have some sort of karma when it comes to Enduros, this is the second I have won now. In the 5 recorded seasons I have competed in I have only ever won 3 races. Of those 3 wins, 2 have been enduros.

Thanks to my team mates Bazz and Happy for helping me out, thanks to Riven for leading the way for all those laps and cheers to Snake and Prom for patiently sticking with me even when I was all over the track reading my F screens. Sorry to Flyboy for the incident when we overtook you, a quick check of my replay shows both of us moving down and up so I guess a racing incident but unfortunately you suffered the most.

It is amazing after driving so badly last week to come out with a win this week. If anything I believe that oval/draft racing is my style and the more technical tracks like Chicagoland are not. I will need to be more patient on those types of tracks in the future and live with an average finish instead of pushing beyond my skills and blowing it completely as I did last week and then rely on good finishes on the superspeedways to get a good result for the season.
Inspector

---

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:57 am

Prometheus wrote:Ahh, a night of if-only.
My apologies to Viking for going too fast with flat tyres and not having enough control on lap 6. Totally wrong thing to do. Sorry. Feel free to protest on my bad driving.
NP, took a while to remember what you were talking about. Suspected your tyres may have been stuffed so should have given more room. No harm, no foul.

Your pic says it all, there was about 2-3 laps of that happening before there finally was a pile up. Still can't believe I saw that so early in the race.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:05 am

Inspector wrote:It is amazing after driving so badly last week to come out with a win this week. If anything I believe that oval/draft racing is my style and the more technical tracks like Chicagoland are not. I will need to be more patient on those types of tracks in the future and live with an average finish instead of pushing beyond my skills and blowing it completely as I did last week and then rely on good finishes on the superspeedways to get a good result for the season.
At least you have not written off the tracks that require a little more skill than the flat foot tracks _b
Odie

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:29 am

Viking wrote: NP, took a while to remember what you were talking about. Suspected your tyres may have been stuffed so should have given more room. No harm, no foul.
It was 100% my bad driving fault :rolleyes: Was just an angry young (!) man last night, lol....
YouTube videos

DAZA

Post by DAZA » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:01 pm

Skelo wrote:What can I say?

What a banger!
Running 8th / 9th with Daza and we collide knocking us both back to 24th ish.
Sorry Daza, I was trying to hug the Yellow but it obviously wasn't enough.
Nps Skelo, was my fault :o ....I got all loose when you came up to pass me, sorry for stuffing up your race

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:05 pm

Daza ya shady bugger, what happened at the start of the VRC race? :p :p :p

DAZA

Post by DAZA » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:09 pm

Noon416 wrote:Daza ya shady bugger, what happened at the start of the VRC race? :p :p :p
was sliding down the track on me roof thinking ....gee rugbys a dangerous game ;p :D

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:31 pm

Now I've cooled off a bit, enjoyed the "racing", had many good drafts there especially with Jetboy at the middle stages.

Off the front was intense but damn it was boring with noone infront of ya, soon fixed that though, 2 x 30 second penalties in the first 3 pitstops, and then another on my final pitstop, only caught up in one incident on track.

But nearing the end I was sitting there quite happy being in 15th after a shocker of a race, effectively 8 laps to run and she blows. Oh well I'll just add that one to my experience list and onwards to next week.

Gd job Inspector and the Duds.
Wraith

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:45 pm

Great effort sim tv _b
Wah Wah Wah