Round 2 - Nocturnal Sportscar League

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:33 pm

mm, spot of dings >8p.

Sorry to Ron who I dinged at the start, I was expecting you to speed up with a gap in front of you but you stayed the same speed D:
:>

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:35 pm

Good race that :), all fun and games

Thought I had 3rd sown up (maybe 2nd if Riven did something wrong) but unfortunately while totuing with car options in the pit lane just before I pitted, I sped and got a drive thru penalty :)

From then it was try to catch 3rd - Hitman, Almost caught him and finished a few 100ths behind him :)

both scrumpy cars in the top 10, wohoo ! :)

Also soz to who I took out at the sharp right hander (McGreenAcres I think) was too many cars and I came in too fast, my fault :>
Last edited by BAZZIL on Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:35 pm

Well that was interesting _b

Officially, I suck at this :D , so I thought I just go around slowly and stay out of everyone's way. I think I succeeded.

famin

Post by famin » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:39 pm

good in parts for The Incredibiles... Like Mr Incredible won I qualified 5th and was going well around there but I managed to T bone Gregory and we both had to pit for engine repairs... the power was down from then on so I just tooled around in the 11s, passed Inspector for 13th and I count a finish as good value after that. 13th.

ah well theres always next week.

where did you get Tony? well up I hope?

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:40 pm

Ripped myself into a wall about 4 laps before my first stop because I couldn't see through the black smoke ahead (I know should have slowed down :p). Engine damage after that slowed me but I was holding position about 10th then a stop and go for speeding in the pits on my second stop near the end ruined me back to 15th :p

Good race though apart from dinging myself I don't think I made contact with anyone else.

Congrats to the top 5 :)
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:41 pm

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:42 pm

Crikey! That was somewhat of a learning experience :>
Made heaps of mistakes, drove like grandma, pit crew seemed to put about half the fuel I requested in (??) necessitating many, many stops :ffs:, and I got stuck with a banger setup. Oh, and two drive through penalties :D Oh and I ran out of fuel before the end _b

I guess this is where my newb-ness shines through, when it comes to the intricacies of the game :}
I still don't understand why my tanks get topped up when I go out to qualify, when I only want whatever's already in my tank, no more!

Twas a barrel of laughs though! Swapped a bit of paint but nothing too drastic. Fantastic stuff, thanks for the race :cool:

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:47 pm

What time did the race start, 9.30? your post times are saying 9.40ish O_o I missed the start by minutes
I think. Oh well next week

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:52 pm

RedValiant wrote:What time did the race start, 9.30? your post times are saying 9.40ish O_o I missed the start by minutes
you need to set your profile to have +13 gmt times for it to be correct post times

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:06 pm

BAZZIL almost got me, I wasn't thinking about position until I came out of the slow right hander onto the back straight and noticed a car behind me on the gas and sideways and thought geez someones really trying back there... :)

Sorry to one of the Westies coming onto the front striaght as I thought I'd been spotted and the door was open... (maybe only a little bit but enough minus a few wing mirrors at least).

Congrats to Woody, awesome speed and consistency mate, ripping out 7's like that is very impressive.

Also just incase too much TA racing is never enough, Valik and myself are running season 3 of TA Lites starting this Wednesday. http://www.asrg.org/forum for details. We're running sprints at Lakeside, all welcome, about 10:30 start time in NZ I think. O_o

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:06 pm

BAZZIL wrote: Also soz to who I took out at the sharp right hander (McGreenAcres I think)
my bumper was too symmetrical anyway ;p no probs _b

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:35 pm

Is it wrong that what I want to do right now is a few laps of 8-bowl for CTS or start driving round limerock ready for next week? ;p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:31 am

DISASTER ;( ;(
My monitor blew about 10 mins into practice, I was screaming up the hill when.................POP, Blank screen, it's only about a year old too.
Oh well into town to get another one today, sorry to the team, no points from me q-

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:47 am

Unlucky TonyG, What a time for ya monitor to go pop :P

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:11 am

Good time to convince the missus that she needs a low latency 17 inch LCD :D

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:14 am

RedValiant wrote:What time did the race start, 9.30? your post times are saying 9.40ish O_o I missed the start by minutes
Same here. Missed that race also...not impressed.
Cheers
Tickford

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:21 am

all leagues run out of simracer hq start at 9:30 pm nzst

those is so everyone doesnt have to worry about trying to figure out the time differences

only exception is the usa sports car series

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:58 am

TonyG wrote:DISASTER ;( ;(
My monitor blew about 10 mins into practice, I was screaming up the hill when.................POP, Blank screen, it's only about a year old too.
Oh well into town to get another one today, sorry to the team, no points from me q-
That's a real bummer there mate...overall not a great result for IMR, apart from Mr Incredible by the looks...would have enjoyed the race had I stayed. Thankfully scored some points for the team.

Limerock next week..interesting little beastie that...

Hope you solve your screen woes with no drama.....
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:10 pm

I was at work before but raced into town and got myself a new LCD (wife hasn't seen it yet D: ), back home and works fine.
What a waste of a week, lots of practice, I wouldn't have been the fastest, but it would have been consistent....how about a consolation point Ron? (just joking :D )

Limerock next week

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:37 pm

TonyG wrote:I was at work before but raced into town and got myself a new LCD (wife hasn't seen it yet D: ), back home and works fine.
What a waste of a week, lots of practice, I wouldn't have been the fastest, but it would have been consistent....how about a consolation point Ron? (just joking :D )

Limerock next week
Yeah mate know the feeling, worked hard in practice, got quite quick for me, and then couldn't follow thru due to family reasons...just glad I could turn a lap and score at all.

Better luck allround next week.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:43 pm

Ron - in support of TonyG, I saw him in the practice session and obviously he intended to compete but had technical issues.

As a driver and a member of an opposistion team I would be more than happy to see Tony get some points of some sort. He turned up with the intention of racing and if his monitor had gone 1 lap into the race he would have got points much like Arran did even though he had no intention of completing the race, but because it failed during practice he gets nothing.

I realise people can't just get points randomly, but I believe that Tony had a valid technical issue and in the spirit of our racing community (like the setup sharing & help Riven has given us) I would like to see Tony get the same points as Arran got or something like that?
Inspector

---

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:27 pm

Roger that I think the same :)

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:09 pm

Replays avail in a new stickied thread :)

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:12 pm

ronwest wrote:all leagues run out of simracer hq start at 9:30 pm nzst

those is so everyone doesnt have to worry about trying to figure out the time differences

only exception is the usa sports car series
Is NZ still 2hrs ahead? Was the server full?
Cheers
Tickford

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:25 pm

Inspector wrote:Ron - in support of TonyG, I saw him in the practice session and obviously he intended to compete but had technical issues.

As a driver and a member of an opposistion team I would be more than happy to see Tony get some points of some sort. He turned up with the intention of racing and if his monitor had gone 1 lap into the race he would have got points much like Arran did even though he had no intention of completing the race, but because it failed during practice he gets nothing.

I realise people can't just get points randomly, but I believe that Tony had a valid technical issue and in the spirit of our racing community (like the setup sharing & help Riven has given us) I would like to see Tony get the same points as Arran got or something like that?
I would support that, obviously...

One question though Insepctor..with this statement "he would have got points much like Arran did even though he had no intention of completing the race" I'm not sure how to take that comment, are you saying what I did was a good or bad thing?

If I contrived some rules written or unwritten, please advise accordingly.

I would've loved to have had the opportunity to race for a better score than I got, but I couldn't....I just took Ron's advise from awhile back, at least turn a lap to get last place points for your team.....