Round 2 - Nocturnal Sportscar League

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:28 pm

Tickford wrote:
ronwest wrote:all leagues run out of simracer hq start at 9:30 pm nzst

those is so everyone doesnt have to worry about trying to figure out the time differences

only exception is the usa sports car series
Is NZ still 2hrs ahead? Was the server full?
No the server was not full. And as of this post it is 2:28pm

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:34 pm

Sulley wrote: One question though Insepctor..with this statement "he would have got points much like Arran did even though he had no intention of completing the race" I'm not sure how to take that comment, are you saying what I did was a good or bad thing?

If I contrived some rules written or unwritten, please advise accordingly.

I would've loved to have had the opportunity to race for a better score than I got, but I couldn't....I just took Ron's advise from awhile back, at least turn a lap to get last place points for your team.....
I'd say it's a good thing given

(in Kryton voice) "Section 2, Sub-Section 2, Paragraph 5 of the Nocturnal Creations Sports Car League Rules clearly states:"

"There are no points given for not starting a race, so drivers are encouraged to complete at least one lap in a race, to ensure a points score, and keep there position on the roster." :D

I just realised I was the only monster to finish the race. Yay me :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:50 pm

Sulley wrote: I would support that, obviously...

One question though Insepctor..with this statement "he would have got points much like Arran did even though he had no intention of completing the race" I'm not sure how to take that comment, are you saying what I did was a good or bad thing?

If I contrived some rules written or unwritten, please advise accordingly.

I would've loved to have had the opportunity to race for a better score than I got, but I couldn't....I just took Ron's advise from awhile back, at least turn a lap to get last place points for your team.....

Sorry Sulley I didn't write that well. Yes the rule is in place that if you turn up and do one lap you get points and in your case of not being able to race but made an extra effort to make the first lap the rule has worked well. What I wanted to point out was that Tony intended to race, that is clear but he was foiled by a technical issue minutes before the race and should gain the points under the same rule that allowed you to join for a short period to gain the points. Whew - hope that came out right?
Inspector

---

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:54 pm

Tickford wrote:

those is so everyone doesnt have to worry about trying to figure out the time differences

Unsure what you guys do for daylight savings, New Zealand is currently +13 hours GMT, that changes in march i believe, back an hour or is it forward

famin

Post by famin » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:03 pm

Fall (Autumn) back
Spring forward

and its coming up to fall so its put the clocks back.

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:08 pm

ronwest wrote:
Tickford wrote:

Unsure what you guys do for daylight savings, New Zealand is currently +13 hours GMT, that changes in march i believe, back an hour or is it forward
Sydney is +11GMT at the moment.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

I tried joining the server at 7:40ish Pm Sydney time (9:40pm NZ time) which should have put me say 15 minutes into 60 minutes of practice. But, I was when attempting to join received a "server full/grid locked..." message!... and was unable to join.

My 'help, I cant join" email sent to the yahoo mailing list was sent "Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:42:31 +1100 (EST)" and this was after trying unsuccessfully for a few minutes. This puts me at 21:42 NZ time....12 minutes into practice.
Cheers
Tickford

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:11 pm

No, that put you 15mins past Qual time >_<

Practise is from NZ8pm, and qual is at NZ9:30pm

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:12 pm

Thanks Inspector for that clarification, and yes I do think TonyG deserves the benefit of doubt there, or at least an official ruling on this situation as it doesn't seem to be covered in the rules.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:13 pm

Sulley wrote:Thanks Inspector for that clarification, and yes I do think TonyG deserves the benefit of doubt there, or at least an official ruling on this situation as it doesn't seem to be covered in the rules.
If you complete a lap then your scored by the server and are considered as having raced.

if you start a race but dont complete a lap due to an incident, you are considered to have started the race.

if you set a qualifying time and then are disconnected from the server, and dont reconnect, you wont be scored unless you advise me you had a comms error or something like a power failure, hardware failure that stopped you reconecting. you will then be given last place points.

if you have a valid reason for not making the race, ie your having babies etc, you will be given last place points.

you wont be given last place points if your going out on the piss, or are to hung over from being on the piss or are late getting on the server.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:47 pm

The question then it appears Ron, does Tony's situation get covered by Point 3, he had a big hardware fault before setting a qual time however, so it appears he misses out?

Very hard to log in and advise of a big prob when suddenly struck blind in PC terms.

If he doesn't qualify under the rules as written, I request you give him my points then. Not sure if that's allowed but the offer's there.

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:48 pm

ronwest wrote:If you complete a lap then your scored by the server and are considered as having raced.

if you start a race but dont complete a lap due to an incident, you are considered to have started the race.

if you set a qualifying time and then are disconnected from the server, and dont reconnect, you wont be scored unless you advise me you had a comms error or something like a power failure, hardware failure that stopped you reconecting. you will then be given last place points.

if you have a valid reason for not making the race, ie your having babies etc, you will be given last place points.

you wont be given last place points if your going out on the piss, or are to hung over from being on the piss or are late getting on the server.
What about to due start time confusion. I had every intention of racing!!
Riven wrote:No, that put you 15mins past Qual time >_<

Practise is from NZ8pm, and qual is at NZ9:30pm
Well that sucks arse!!!

Why the hour early? I will struggle to make to the races if its an 8:30 NZ start. I have to take care of the baby until he is due for bed @ 7:30 SYD (9:30pm NZ)...and thats if he goes straight to bed on time a falls straight to sleep...unlikely :( My wife work works most sunday nights, which is why I take care of the baby, while she is getting ready for work. So when she's not working I should be able to join.
Last edited by Tickford on Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Tickford

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:52 pm

RACE START IS 9:30PM NZ

Its exactly the same at last weeks race you made on time, and the first season (i wasnt in season 2 so cant comment on that one)

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:55 pm

Thanks guys, If I read the points right, I got last place with 6 points, Incredibles still with a narrow lead :)
More practice for next week coming up!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:56 pm

Sulley wrote:The question then it appears Ron, does Tony's situation get covered by Point 3, he had a big hardware fault before setting a qual time however, so it appears he misses out?

Very hard to log in and advise of a big prob when suddenly struck blind in PC terms.

If he doesn't qualify under the rules as written, I request you give him my points then. Not sure if that's allowed but the offer's there.
yup

have posted the points with him included already

http://www.simracerhq.co.nz/?area=resul ... =5&id=1419

was just clarifying for your benefit ;p

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:17 pm

Riven wrote:RACE START IS 9:30PM NZ

Its exactly the same at last weeks race you made on time, and the first season (i wasnt in season 2 so cant comment on that one)
Mrs didnt work last Sunday and took care of the bub. I didnt take note of what time I joined, just jumped on for a BLAT before the race.
Cheers
Tickford

bman

Post by bman » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:00 pm

Hey - lets start the race at 12 midnight! That better for you? Too fkn bad if it puts 90% of the racers out - who cares as long as you're happy.

Odie and Jay connect from Japan and they still got organised fine. Perhaps you should sort your shit out man.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:54 pm

ease up Bman :)

bman

Post by bman » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:05 pm

Heh - just seems a wee bit like we're expected to start later...

9.30pm on a sunday is still pretty late as a start time. On the edge of being too late as it is I reckon, any later and it wouldnt be worth it.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:14 pm

ronwest wrote:
Sulley wrote:The question then it appears Ron, does Tony's situation get covered by Point 3, he had a big hardware fault before setting a qual time however, so it appears he misses out?

yup

have posted the points with him included already

http://www.simracerhq.co.nz/?area=resul ... =5&id=1419

was just clarifying for your benefit ;p
Awesome, very fair and equitable of the Officials.

_b _b

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:00 pm

bman wrote:Hey - lets start the race at 12 midnight! That better for you? Too fkn bad if it puts 90% of the racers out - who cares as long as you're happy.

Odie and Jay connect from Japan and they still got organised fine. Perhaps you should sort your shit out man.
"Suck My Balls"
-<i>Eric Cartman</i>

Excuse me for trying to explain my situation. So my team will understand why all of a sudden Im not turning up to half the races. Excuse me for putting my family first.
bman wrote:Heh - just seems a wee bit like we're expected to start later...

9.30pm on a sunday is still pretty late as a start time. On the edge of being too late as it is I reckon, any later and it wouldnt be worth it.
IIRC the start time was 9:30pm for the last two seasons (Cant have put too many races out if was like that for two season?), it changed and I got caught out.
Cheers
Tickford

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:47 pm

Tickford wrote:
IIRC the start time was 9:30pm for the last two seasons (Cant have put too many races out if was like that for two season?), it changed and I got caught out.
Chill out fellas.

Daylight savings tends to throw things out a bit, it creates issues for anyone not in NZ.

thou we have now been in daylight savings since october which means nearly all of season 2 was raced +13 hrs gmt, so nothing has changed time wise for 4 months.

Without being a
bman wrote:Hitler ;p
please keep the posts in the forums civil other wise i will have to be a
bman wrote:Hitler ;p
and dock some points.

This is a public forum, offered to us free of charge, and i would not like us to be asked to go elsewhere, or end having the posts moderated

Thank you that is all, nothing to see, move along

bman

Post by bman » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:10 pm

Heh - maybe I took the 'Well that sucks arse!!! ' out of context - as if the time it started sucked, not you missing the start Tickford...

Fair enough then if thats the case, my mistake!

As a sideline I'd be a wee bit upset if you decided to try a power-trip and dock points for anything you read in the forums ron, from me or anyone else.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:25 pm

bman wrote: As a sideline I'd be a wee bit upset if you decided to try a power-trip and dock points for anything you read in the forums ron, from me or anyone else.
Yip I know, and you know as well as anyone it wouldnt be a power trip.

Most of you know how i feel about flaming and shite throwing in the sports cars series whether it be via auto chat, emails or the forum.

The forum is here to be used as a form of communication for the league, and discussion of events etc.

Hopefully we are all adult enough, to keep things if check.

I some how left the the forums out of the conduct rules, so i couldn't remove points for posts in the forums, this season anyway and i hope i wouldnt have too.

As i have always said, i dont use the rules to play hitler, they are there to set a boundry for everyone to follow. I have no joy in being the guy at the top, and would have no issue with stepping aside.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:34 pm

People in every day racing throw shit at each other :)

It's all part and parcel of racing and it's all fun and games.
What would be cool is if we had account balances, then drivers could be fined if you had to do so, we could have a prize for the driver with the most money at the end of the season :)

Bman might be bankrupt, hehe :D !

bman

Post by bman » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:39 pm

Hahahhaaaaa hey - Im generally well behaved!