NZNL - InSPire.net Season 5 - Race 6 - American Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Major Havoc

Post by Major Havoc » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:01 pm

Very Hard work... every corner you had to concentrate...
Managed to avoid this on Lap 1 !! :)
Note the Storms Hovercar :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Major Havoc [PzC]
Ping Zero

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:04 pm

Not a great race on my return, had some bad luck early and got shuffled to the rear of the field.

Apologies to snake for the pit incident, had some probs tonight with people looming up and appearing in my mirror at last minute and that was one of them.

Looking forward to Indy.

_b

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:04 pm

Well done Wood
Well done Monsters
Not one of my better races, overly aggressive passing by Happy took me out in the early part of the race, then Storm punted me just as I left the pits, then Jetboy? was in the middle of the road, clipped him and ended up going backwards down pitlane, so 14th wasn't too bad after that.
Apologies to gareth, not sure what happened in one of the turns, but we ended up side by side and you spun :(
Indy next week :D

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:08 pm

Sorry to guys i hit tonight, i didnt save my replay so not sure who i should be apologising to. I had problems with my wheel so quit to avoid any more accidents. :(

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:08 pm

Yus sorry about the pass TonyG. I should have waited, but I do think I was about as low down on the track as was needed. I think it was a bit of an 'incident'.
:>

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:09 pm

LOL at the first ding :) I knew I'd see a google car in amongst the smoke as I went by, and I did :>

Much fun to be had there was trying to stay infront of riven :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:17 pm

Happy wrote:Yus sorry about the pass TonyG. I should have waited, but I do think I was about as low down on the track as was needed. I think it was a bit of an 'incident'.
It was pretty close, but I put it down to a racing incident, have to catch up in the points next week :)

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:56 pm

TonyG wrote:Well done Wood
Well done Monsters
Not one of my better races, overly aggressive passing by Happy took me out in the early part of the race, then Storm punted me just as I left the pits, then Jetboy? was in the middle of the road, clipped him and ended up going backwards down pitlane, so 14th wasn't too bad after that.
Apologies to gareth, not sure what happened in one of the turns, but we ended up side by side and you spun :(
Indy next week :D
Momentary lapse of concentration car stepped out slid onto the infeild but momentum put me back on the track at exactally the wrong moment D:

Tyres were toast from then on and watched you reel me in near the end, 2 spots on the last lap :( summed up the night for me really

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:22 am

Well.... im sure I made at least 13 pitstops :(
Got hit by a spinning voda car twice and a google 3 times and a sack as well each time blew tyres 4 times it happened just a couple of laps after a pitstop
very much a drivers track and use of the accelerater has to be right and adjusted as tyres wear.was going to give up but plodded on neverless making sure I didnt wreck anyone elses race like mine was,one near miss on someone when my tyre blew apologies for nearly giving a heart attack to whoever it was lol.2nd to last lap tryes wore worn so decided to pit incase I got in the way of any cars racing for finishing positions and to rub salt in the wounds I got a drive through on the last lap for doing 47 on exiting :rolleyes:
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:04 am

That wasn't the best track to come back to NASCAR racing on. I tried to keep out of everyones way but couldn't avoid getting tangled in at least three other drivers bingles. The racing up front seems to be pretty good but the back half of the field still seem to have lots of incidents.
Indy should be much better.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:01 am

Well I'm happy that my qualifying actually was my qualifying this week :D

A couple of very close calls coming up on stranded cars verrrry fast. And a nice battle between Riven and Wraith for position. Might have held the lead except for the bloody cellphone going off as I entered turn 4 !

Roll on the carnage for Indy next week (yes, pun intended).
YouTube videos

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:15 am

Well Ill have to appologise to team Dud, slight lapse coming onto the front straight, hit the wall and then bounced into Skuzz.. Still, it should be worth bonus points for taking out the whole team in one go :D

Didn't really enjoy that track.. Just never seemed to get the hang of it and was always struggling for grip on the front end.

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:22 am

A good choice by the committee to race that track, I totally enjoyed it apart from the first three laps. Spun on the first corner causing the big crash at the start D: blew my tyres and had to pit on first lap, spun on pit entry sliding up onto the track to hear my spotter say "Hear comes the leaders" I think one car made it through. Managed to get into the pits and then get done for speeding in pit lane. Did my drive through, and from then on was incident free. :)

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:33 am

I had FPS problems last night, dropped to 3 fps, rebooted, managed to join just before race start then as soon as the server ticked over it was back to 3 fps.
I actually did the start hoping it would clear but bailed at turn one when it was apparent it wasn't going to clear.

I did a couple of offline races as a test and fps was fine so don't know what was happening.

That's probably it for me for this season, as I will probably be away the next 2 weeks

Good luck all.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:48 am

I'm happy with my pole position. (:
Don't make me destroy you.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:51 am

Bold wrote:Well Ill have to appologise to team Dud, slight lapse coming onto the front straight, hit the wall and then bounced into Skuzz.. Still, it should be worth bonus points for taking out the whole team in one go :D

Didn't really enjoy that track.. Just never seemed to get the hang of it and was always struggling for grip on the front end.
Lol, yes, a top effort that. I hope the Monsters pay well...

_b
Don't make me destroy you.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:39 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:
Bold wrote:Well Ill have to appologise to team Dud, slight lapse coming onto the front straight, hit the wall and then bounced into Skuzz.. Still, it should be worth bonus points for taking out the whole team in one go :D

Lol, yes, a top effort that. I hope the Monsters pay well...

_b
Payment is forfeit because Bold did not complete the contract in full (he missed Bazz)

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:57 pm

Danman wrote:I had FPS problems last night, dropped to 3 fps, rebooted, managed to join just before race start then as soon as the server ticked over it was back to 3 fps.
I actually did the start hoping it would clear but bailed at turn one when it was apparent it wasn't going to clear.
I have had that happen to me before, and infact it happened once in practice last night. Its only ever happened on a couple of tracks. when you leave the track and are in the menu it will suddenly drop to 3fps and will not come back untill you disconnect from multiplayer, it hasnt needed a reboot at least just reconecting.

Apart from last night it hasnt happened for about a year. Before last night I had upped the screen res a little higher than usual. As soon as the 3fps happened I dropped it again and it was fine from then on.. No idea if it was related, or just a random thing that happens on some tracks..

I'm getting 60+ fps on the track with full detail anyway.

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:07 pm

I didn't try dropping the res, Ive been running at 1280x960 for a while, normally get 50-70 fps in multi.

I started a race with AI (40) at the same track as a test straight after and it was fine.

I'm on dial up (yeah I know...) and I wondered if MS update was running or something. I normally run "end it all" first.

I forgot to check what my ping was like.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:10 pm

you missed Ze Bazzil ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Angus

the race

Post by Angus » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Good race. Fun track!
Why do we have to run damage on the qualifying laps for poll. I ran straight out onto the track square onto the wall, smashed my bonnet, could'nt do more than 165mph, then blew my motor going over the start finish line.
I'm sure I would have got a top 5 placing.
ANGUS

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:48 pm

LOL, I dont think damage can be turned off for qual :P. I think its to stop people doing dodgy qualifies like bouncing off walls on some tracks.
:>

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:10 pm

Twas quite a fun track that one, though the kink could be dodgy if you were right up behind someone. I was happy to sit in third at the start of the race and use Prom and Snake's draft to save tires and fuel. I got past Prom when his cell phone rang, and he went high. Then Snake got held up by a lapped car so I went through into the lead, saving tires early in the stint appeared to work out as I gained a bit of ground on Snake in the last few laps before pitting.

Snake got dinged and prom had fallen back, the cars starting off the back weren't going be a threat, so the rest of the race was just about staying clean.

May or may not be back next week.

GL Monsters _b
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:26 pm

Still think that is a fun track even though 3 times for know apparent reason the back end step out like someone hit me going trough the triovel, in the end I gave up and I was not going to risk it happening again and taking someone out.

Not the way I wanted my last race to go. I'm move to Perth to be with my girlfriend and won't be able to run anymore, so you won’t have to worry about seeing me in your mirrors.

My brother might be joining the VR Concepts League at the start of next season. He’s faster and he’s got better concentration then me so chances are he'll be cleaner then me.Thinking about cause I wont be runig he might as well run the rest of the season to get some practice.

Even though I won’t be able to run I might as well suggest it, is that you guys could run a teams race in between the seasons. The same format as the NZ v aus but north v south.

:neo:

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:00 am

4 vs. the rest really would be silly now wouldn't it?
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy