GTR GT Season - Week 2 - Magny-Cours

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Hauptmann

Post by Hauptmann » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:32 pm

i musta been practising on easy cos that was hard, took me a while to get use to no grip with my crap setup.
Damn it was depressing, and sorry to that dude that hit me while i was on the racing line on the second race, i had a puncture and i didnt notice till i reached the first straight, car was turning right into wall.

overall a good learning experience, i've learnt how shit i am in GTR

regards,
Hauptmann

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:34 pm

Wohoo I beat the sacks.

Shame I took tires in the first race, it did not prove to well at all compared to the sacks who got tires ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:35 pm

Smashing race.

I dudded the second one o_O

Sorry to sully who I dinged, so I slowed down to let you back past, and dodgy liquid snuck through ze sack.
:>

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:39 pm

Happy wrote:Smashing race.

Sorry to sully who I dinged, so I slowed down to let you back past, and dodgy liquid snuck through ze sack.
Actually it was Liquid you snashed, I took advantage, not the way I wanted to pass him :D

Anyway great racing, consistent two 6ths awesome, real chuffed :)
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:43 pm

Sorry Liquid >8p.
:>

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:44 pm

Happy wrote:Smashing race.

Yes you gave me a hugh re-ender and then let me past and i was so busy thinking /watching that you might like to ram me again i lost it in the corner. maybe you should be on vent that way to can tell us if your going to ram us or not.

Sorry to famin , i gave yiu a tap at the start of race 2 , i was just trying to get around you , you were slow slow looked like you started in 5th gear.
Last edited by Liquid on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

famin

Post by famin » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:45 pm

too many offs... :mad:

gave everyone 20secs in race 2 for a start... grrrr...

ah well theres always next week. ;)
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

famin

Post by famin » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:47 pm

Hauptmann wrote:i musta been practising on easy cos that was hard, took me a while to get use to no grip with my crap setup.
Damn it was depressing, and sorry to that dude that hit me while i was on the racing line on the second race, i had a puncture and i didnt notice till i reached the first straight, car was turning right into wall.

overall a good learning experience, i've learnt how shit i am in GTR

regards,
Hauptmann
get on line during the week as fast as you can mate.. get replays and search the net for reasonable setups. Brake late and accelerate early.. If youre there when I am Ill see if you want any tips.

slow in fast out ... :D
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:49 pm

http://gtr-sc.zapto.org/ preliminary until the following are fixed or next race. Whichever comes first.

Flyboy - Choose your car. Not your fault you can't choose one till you've been accepted (stupid system).

diseased and RONWEST - need to register. Once registered send me and/or UnbounD a pm so we can accept you and you can choose your car.

Viking - You need to make sure your "GTR nickname" in your info is the same as in-game. Your in-game name is "Viking" and I think you've put it on the site as "Viking 443"

Points will are only preliminary until these things have been corrected. Before next week please. Once next weeks results are added your out of luck.

http://gtr-sc.zapto.org/
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:57 pm

Hauptmann wrote:i musta been practising on easy cos that was hard, took me a while to get use to no grip with my crap setup.
If your practising offline you should be in simulation mode with all aids off except low abs and low traction control. (Well you can have them off but most of us have them on low.

Oh and auto clutch on as well unless you like using a button for your clutch :Puke:
- Death to Smoochy

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:14 pm

That was so enjoyable, best yet. I did my best ever laps in the races, just trying to be consistant. It may be just the Lister but WTF, had two unannounced spins in both races entering the pit straight, in a staright line and around she goes - even with low-traction on O_o . Great fun though when you don't get stuttering all over the place _b.

diseased

Post by diseased » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:43 am

Eagle32 wrote:http://gtr-sc.zapto.org/ preliminary until the following are fixed or next race. Whichever comes first.

Flyboy - Choose your car. Not your fault you can't choose one till you've been accepted (stupid system).

diseased and RONWEST - need to register. Once registered send me and/or UnbounD a pm so we can accept you and you can choose your car.

Viking - You need to make sure your "GTR nickname" in your info is the same as in-game. Your in-game name is "Viking" and I think you've put it on the site as "Viking 443"

Points will are only preliminary until these things have been corrected. Before next week please. Once next weeks results are added your out of luck.

http://gtr-sc.zapto.org/

done. What's the deal with the section for "Skins"?
"It is what it is."

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:48 am

That was very close racing last night. Although I didn't do that well, there was some good dicing going on.
My apologies for hitting who ever it was at the start of race one.
Boy did you get some height!!! Does anyone have a screen shot of that at all?

Growler.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:43 pm

diseased wrote: What's the deal with the section for "Skins"?
Not being used. The site has support for uploading custom skinned cars. But it's too much trouble to use skins as they all have to be loaded on the server as well as all the individuals systems.

I've accepted you diseased so you can select the car you were driving as the instructions on the previous page show.
- Death to Smoochy

Growler

Post by Growler » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:58 pm

I've accepted you diseased so you can select the car you were driving as the instructions on the previous page show.
No one accepts him!

Growler.

juliant

Post by juliant » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:25 pm

Yes I had some good racing esp in race 2 - was going well with Valiant for a few laps there - couldnt help but notice it was Famin that nudged him off at the last chicane before home straight., with only a lap or 2 to go.

I see we have a non-original GTR track for race 3 - where do I find this again and will it be the right version etc....

Viking

Post by Viking » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:39 pm

Eagle32 wrote: Viking - You need to make sure your "GTR nickname" in your info is the same as in-game. Your in-game name is "Viking" and I think you've put it on the site as "Viking 443"
Apols. Entered login, rather than driver name by mistake. Have changed it.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:57 pm

No issue with Famin's hardball driving. I saw Famin in my mirrors and missed the turn in to the chicane and collected the one on the exit...he was on my tail as I bounced off line and we connected. that's the way it goes really; you have to be on for every inch of every lap. Good dicing with the two other Listers in race 2, no match for thoses Lambos though. was interesting to see where the Lister was better than nearly every other car into hard braking zones- like The infield hairpin. They'd work really well on the tighter tracks i think. Roll on next week.