NZNL - InSPire.net Season 5 - Race 7 - Indianapolis

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:15 pm

i am really gonnabe struggling for the motivation to turn up next week. quite sick of driving round in circles now.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:16 pm

First of all sorry to Skuzz for taking you out on lap 41, i just tapped the wall when trying to stay high for you and was sent across the track.

i tried to do a 2 pit only strategy but came up 4 or 5 laps short so that totally defeated my previous 67 laps of taking it easy and conserving tyres/fuel :blazze: .... but i did lead a lap, pity it wasnt the last one :D

Good race , Good fun and can't wait for next week.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:21 pm

Riven wrote:i am really gonnabe struggling for the motivation to turn up next week. quite sick of driving round in circles now.
Would you like a tissue ;p ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:>

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:25 pm

;p

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:37 pm

Sorry Danman :(
"Run Yasmine Run"

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:08 am

Interesting race. I had originally planned not to race at all, as my son had an op on Tuesday. But got discharged Wed am, he's bounced back to normality already - it's just us parents who fret and worry and have sleepness nights !

Thanks to the 1st lap incident in turn 2 (pix attatched, with my viewpoint of cars suddenly appearing flipping and flying), I went from 27th to 9th, and kept working up after that _b Shame the race didn't have a couple of more laps in it, was catching up to Eagle and Odie who were 3rd and 4th.

Man, I just love my Momo wheel - it's been the best investment I've had ever for racing. But racing with more brains than before - hahaha ! And so mightily happy with the 5th finish.

And at that point, I must retire as I'm unable to compete next week definetly - I will be in Wellington next Wednesday ;( So 3rd in this season is where it ends for me.

Good selection of tracks from the committee - maybe next season we add one short oval for carnage ? Or 8Bowl, that'll sort out the girlies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YouTube videos

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:29 am

Prometheus wrote:And at that point, I must retire as I'm unable to compete next week definetly - I will be in Wellington next Wednesday ;( So 3rd in this season is where it ends for me.
Im sure you could find someone in Welly kind enough to lend you a pc for the night, like Agent, or Famin :)

It would be a shame to miss the last race when your coming 3rd...

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:42 am

Bold wrote:
Prometheus wrote:And at that point, I must retire as I'm unable to compete next week definetly - I will be in Wellington next Wednesday ;( So 3rd in this season is where it ends for me.
Im sure you could find someone in Welly kind enough to lend you a pc for the night, like Agent, or Famin :)

It would be a shame to miss the last race when your coming 3rd...
Aye...., nice intention, but I need a break from work/life (and Auckland!) so my lady friend and I are going to head to Wgtn for a few days to chill, eat rich food and put some weight back on, drink far too much wine, smoke a couple of nice cigars (if I'm allowed to - hahah) and just laze around. Mmmmmmm.
YouTube videos

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:44 am

:Puke: :cry: <-- Sums up my race.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:37 am

you must have got ripped ? ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:17 pm

Just a little bit:
- Self spun on the 1st (or second?) lap, scrubbed off my tires, had to pit (lost concentration in a turn while hassling Inspector)
- Self spin the next lap, saved the tires but then got collected by Inspector (aftermath of the big crash?) and had to pit again
- Big spin down the back straight later in the race, think I bounced off the wall out of turn4 quite badly. Blew 3 tires and had to call a tow
- 4 and a half minutes later, my pit stop started ...... and went ....... and went ..... and finally finished. The pit cheif apologised but said he knew I could make it up on the track, from 9 laps down...

I'm not as bitter as I sound, as the mistakes were all my own in the end, and thankfully my spin on the main straight didn't collect any of the lead pack.

Roll on Talladega and something easy!

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:41 pm

Prometheus wrote: Or 8Bowl
I feel a strange rage building and I'm beginning to turn green. :ffs:

Good racing most of the way throuhg with Odie. Deffinitely would have been interesting with another 2 laps at the end there Prom.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:41 pm

you're not using simbrick are u ? ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:20 pm

Eagle32 wrote:
Prometheus wrote: Or 8Bowl
I feel a strange rage building and I'm beginning to turn green. :ffs:

Good racing most of the way throuhg with Odie. Deffinitely would have been interesting with another 2 laps at the end there Prom.
Great Fun Eagle, my whole stragedy went out the window when Angus got in to my right rear quarter in one of the turns. I was only 5 laps on those tyres and they were half gone after the incident. I think I would have been able to hold on 2nd and maybe even given Mark a race for his money since I was closen in on him during the first fuel run.
Odie

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:33 pm

Yes I was suprised after my second stop (or maybe it was third stop) that you were right back up with me. I took that stop far to slowly. Thought I had more of a lead than I actually had.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:28 pm

another shocker for me :( 2nd lap after qualifying 4th was determined to keep out of the carnage that I kinda expected but heading into turn 1 the guys in front of me slowed alot more than I was expecting and had to slide high...tried to take a straight line as I touched the brake to avoid the car in front but must have had a bit of angle on as the rear of the car then decided to try and race the front.....called the oncoming spin but after hitting the wall and sliding back down was pretty much along for the ride.....got some impressive air during the crash but the resulting 29th position kinda took the wind out of my sails

Finished the race, few more dings, few more spins guess it just wasent my night

Bring on next week :D