NZNL - InSPire.net Season 5 - Race 8 - TalladegaBR

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:41 am

I'm starting to believe that I have a curse at the real life restrictor plate tracks. When your placings at Talladega and Daytona over the last three seasons are 29/26/32/32/22/23, something ain't right.

At least I was of some help to my teammates with some well-placed drafts.

Big thanks to everyone who raced in the VR Concepts League this season, for somehow managing to cope with a race controller who had no idea of what he was doing :p And a big congratulations to Ian for winning the VR Concepts Season 5 Championships.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:42 am

Riven wrote:watching the movie i see mikool hit the apron and come up into me and make contact while i'm still in the second groove.

This is from my replay so it might not be accurate, but....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inspector

---

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:25 am

Tough call..need to see the server replay.

By the way, who the hell is that wanker in the back ground talking, he needs to keep his fecking mouth shut :D

And yes, I know who was talking. :rolleyes:
Odie

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:33 am

replays are uploading atm, and they show mikool clipped the apron then moved up into me as i said before. i'll not be protesting as its not worth it

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:03 pm

Mikool doesn't look to be at fault judging by those pics, he's clearly in his lane whereas Riven looks to be squeezing which would be consistent with his aggressive driving from what i saw.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:10 pm

You can see that the white car move up into the blue in the shots posted, the reply will no doubt confirm this.

AS no protest will be entered for the committee to ajudicate on, then its all rather academic anyway isn't it.

Way to to support your teammate Mark :rolleyes:
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:21 pm

Inspector wrote:
Riven wrote:watching the movie i see mikool hit the apron and come up into me and make contact while i'm still in the second groove.
Whether or not riven was 6 inches above or below the 2nd groove is irrelevent in this case, from the little movie that Inspector posted Mikool had not even started to recover by the time contact was made - Its not like Mikool had just clipped Riven at the very tip of his arc, Mikool is still trucking up the track at the point of contact. Even if Riven had given an extra 1/2 car width contact would have still occured.

Mikool pushed up the track, for what ever reason, and collected Riven. Riven could have given more room but the crash still would have occured, however Mikool is sufficently experienced to know how to keep his car low, especially when by the looks of it, being lapped.

[/procecution]
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:23 pm

MarkR wrote:Mikool doesn't look to be at fault judging by those pics, he's clearly in his lane whereas Riven looks to be squeezing which would be consistent with his aggressive driving from what i saw.
Bullshit.
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:42 pm

Looks to me like a sterling pass by young Mikool. After all, any pass that puts a Monster (and sadly a DuD) in the wall has to be a good one.

:p
Don't make me destroy you.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:14 pm

hear hear !

Yes I'd just like to thank the team .. the sponsors .. the drivers of team DuD (Hippy, Skuz, Inspect0r) ;p , inspire for the server, odie for the trophies and everyone else who participated in the league and let me beat them :D

After 5 leagues I finaly win one ;p

:Party: :bounce: :Party: :bounce: :wave: :g: :yawn: :look: :larf: :talker: :crazy: :yum: (:
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:20 pm

BAZZIL wrote:After 5 leagues I finaly win one ;p
THE SKY IS FALLIING, THE SKY IS FALLIING!!! :D
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:55 pm

Inspector wrote:A quick movie of the Mikool V's Riven incident on the last lap.

You decide??
Who cares, why are we focusing on an incident that affected 1 drivers race, I would be more interested in the first lap crash that took out many drivers... Rivens race may have been ended on the last lap, mine and others it was all over on lap 1.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:04 pm

Thanks to all Monster Drivers this season, a few highlights for the season with wins from Odie (2), Mark and Dan, with Riven achieving 3rd for the season, Odie 5th and me 7th. Mark wasn't able to complete the full season and many thanks to Dan for filling in.

At this stage it doesn't seem that there will be a Monster team competing for season 6 due to Riven and Mark not driving and myself missing at least 3 races when I pop over to Aus for 3 weeks R&R (Indy 300 time). Nothing fixed at the moment, time will tell.

Congratulations to Bazzil and the DuDs

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:11 pm

Great series win bazzil ya hoe bag _b
And fine effort by the duds _b

And to my team a big ups to you guys :D
Well done to Prom for a awesome season (we are soooo proud of you) :D

Riven for a senior driver you need a kick up the backside for your tactic's early on in the race with you just jamming it up the inside of everyone.
That's what we have been trying to stop people doing for many seasons now. Not a great example for the rookies is it?

Last but not least thanks to all involved in the running of the league.
_b _b _b _b
Wah Wah Wah

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:31 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Riven for a senior driver you need a kick up the backside for your tactic's early on in the race with you just jamming it up the inside of everyone.
That's what we have been trying to stop people doing for many seasons now. Not a great example for the rookies is it?
Ovals are so f**ken boring I was just entertaining myself :D

You have to admit that its much more interesting when constantly moving for position... remember the NZ/AUS races?

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:44 pm

Congrats to Bazz on the individual title and to the Duds, fine effort to take out the teams title despite Monsters suffering more than their fair share of misfortune.

Thanks to the organisers and sponsors and all the participants, I wont be returning for season 6 and possibly health issues will mean that was my last racing league for some time but I want to say that I've enjoyed racing in the league a great deal and I think you're a great bunch of guys (besides snake perhaps).

;p

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:25 pm

Once again congrats to the Duds and that Bazzil chap :p , just wait till the next demo derby run Bazz I think someones going to have to paint a large bullseye on his car

Cheers to everyone that made it to the various races during the season (first time I've finised a season after racing in all the previous ones) and especially to the guys that even though they are not in the running for points keep coming along and racing for the reason that I hope we run this league for, so a group of mates can have a blast on a Wens night

Apologies for the lack of post race reports of late...weeks have seemed to fly past but getting the hang of the writing thing now and actually taking note of whats happening during the race so hopefully next season will be a report out for each race :o

Movies....just bought a new PC with sufficient grunt and HD space for lots of fraps recording and with a few helpful words from the movie guru Prom, am getting better at editing....hoping to put togeather a "best of season 5" movie over the next few weeks just trying to find the right music to crank it along to

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:43 pm

MarkR wrote: Thanks to the organisers and sponsors and all the participants, I wont be returning for season 6 and possibly health issues will mean that was my last racing league for some time but I want to say that I've enjoyed racing in the league a great deal and I think you're a great bunch of guys (besides snake perhaps).

;p
Thats a shame Mark.... your definatly one of the interesting members of our communitee ;)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:42 pm

Snake Rogers wrote: Riven for a senior driver you need a kick up the backside for your tactic's early on in the race with you just jamming it up the inside of everyone.
Just to add fuel to the fire I must say that when, during the early race laps, Riven was stuffing his Monsters heap up the inside, around the outside and all over the back of me I was reflecting on the lectures I got for doing just that (although never so aggressively) and was wondering if I had been on the receiving end of a bout of "do as we say not as we do".

I think, however, it was probably Riven with the shits giving everyone else the shits - just an off night and better forgotten.

I enjoyed the racing anyway guys even though I had to endure a case of 3/4 of the Duds teams self destructing right in front of me and causing my only off of the night.

Ian

Post by Ian » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:55 pm

:p And a big congratulations to Ian for winning the VR Concepts Season 5 Championships.

Ian

Post by Ian » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:04 pm

[ :p And a big congratulations to Ian for winning the VR Concepts Season 5 Championships.[/quote]

Thanks Garith your a good sport and look forward to racing with you next season. :cute:

Thanks Bazzel and Angus for pushing (bump drafing me) in the InSPire race for the last 10 to 20 laps. Realy made a diference to finishing second, my best to result ever. _b

Hope to see Mikool back racing after next season.

Go GOOGLE ;p

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:08 pm

Chequers wrote:
I enjoyed the racing anyway guys even though I had to endure a case of 3/4 of the Duds teams self destructing right in front of me and causing my only off of the night.
Yes, that was fun eh? Bazz, Hippy, luvs, just sing out if you'd like some driving tips from the master.

:)
Don't make me destroy you.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:08 am

mmm, I may have miscalculated the drafting distance ever so slightly ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:47 am

Chequers wrote:
Snake Rogers wrote: Riven for a senior driver you need a kick up the backside for your tactic's early on in the race with you just jamming it up the inside of everyone.
Just to add fuel to the fire I must say that when, during the early race laps, Riven was stuffing his Monsters heap up the inside, around the outside and all over the back of me I was reflecting on the lectures I got for doing just that (although never so aggressively) and was wondering if I had been on the receiving end of a bout of "do as we say not as we do".

I think, however, it was probably Riven with the shits giving everyone else the shits - just an off night and better forgotten.

If you had been listening on Ventrilo you would have heard me throwing all my toys plus some I borrowed from a few of the other guys at Riven. I spoke very unkindly about his mother, his father that he never new and suggested he have sex and then depart.

I must say I was impressed with your patience whilst he was entertaining himself pissing everyone else off by risking crashes diving under and around everyone, and when after I pointed out that any one of us in that early draft could do the same he dared me to return the challenge and you stuck to my back bumper and worked together with me to safely take our positions back. Whilst we are all quick to critisize each other for our mistakes we rarely point out improvements etc, so well done Chequers, if Bazz or Happy had been behind me I would have expected and got the same driving skills from them. Later in the race Riven and I spent quite a number of laps close drafting with Gregory and were making very good lap times becasuse of it. It is good to see that you both have heeded some advice and put your skills to more benificial use on the track.
Inspector

---

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:03 am

Well said in regards to Gregory and Chequers. I remember the days when I was afraid to run around Chequers D: , but on Wednesday we drafted together for an entire fuel run, until the DuDs passed us and took each other out to included Chequers as he mentioned. I barely missed that one. Great improvement Pat and I hope to see you next season.
Odie