GTR GT Season - Week 4 - Watkins Glen

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:12 am

Another forgettable week of GTR..bummer,

Spun on start in Race one...lame ..worked way up to ninth and then last corner mess..sigh

Doing ok in Race two, only to tbone Marty at huge speed on back straight, I was under ground and upside down at that point, amazing I could continue without a pitstop, car was a bit nervous, maybe it was just me, but managed to finish so not too bad overall. Oh except for letting faster car by on last lap and dropping a place to Bold..chit happens

Tale of what coulda been, two top ten finishes were on the cards but no luck, ah well thats racing...
;)
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:49 am

Sulley wrote: Oh except for letting faster car by on last lap and dropping a place to Bold..chit happens
Heh, cheers for that Sulley :)

Wasnt the best races for me.. Car felt reasonably good to begin with, but couldn't handle touching any bumps..

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:59 pm

Good fun last night apart from the disco' with only a couple of laps to go in R2.

it's been a big learning curve for me racing GTR but believe it or not i am improving each week. Hopefully im not causing you guys too much trouble but i do my best to keep out of the way... it just dosnt work out as planned everytime.

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:06 pm

I should have stuck with the vette grrr
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:02 pm

Sulley wrote:Another forgettable week of GTR..bummer,

Spun on start in Race one...lame ..worked way up to ninth and then last corner mess..sigh

Doing ok in Race two, only to tbone Marty at huge speed on back straight, I was under ground and upside down at that point, amazing I could continue without a pitstop, car was a bit nervous, maybe it was just me, but managed to finish so not too bad overall. Oh except for letting faster car by on last lap and dropping a place to Bold..chit happens

Tale of what coulda been, two top ten finishes were on the cards but no luck, ah well thats racing...
;)
AT least you didn't get black flagged on the start and then hit the escape button instead of whatever butto you hit to drop the clipboard on the pit screen.

What button do you push? Enter?
Odie

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:09 pm

odonohuesp wrote:What button do you push? Enter?
Yes :p I did that the first time I did a single player race :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

famin

Post by famin » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:13 pm

race #1 was good, despite dropping to about 12th at T1 i managed a reasonably stable drive up to the win. You shoulda seen me punch the air when I crossed the line.. :D

race #2 was a disaster. Somehow between 1 and 2 my logitech profiler lost its keys on the wheel. Im used to pressing a button in for the clutch, enganing gear then revving and releasing the clutch when the lights go green. But the clucth button wasnt working so when I engaged gear... I lurched forward. Immediate stop go penalty of course. then to add insult to injury when I came in at the end of lap 1 I engaged the pit limiter and that also didnt work. So a speeding penalty for a 2nd stop go.

so I was at least 1 maybe 2 laps down by the time I REALLY started racing.

Then when I was racing with Happy, he was being a bit conservative maybe so I passed him and of course I then started getting a blue flag light as he was just behind me and the game thought I was being lapped so I had to drop back and just follow him.

so for all that I reckon 11th isnt too bad!

But hey, 1 win is cool, Ill take it. :)
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:53 pm

famin wrote:Somehow between 1 and 2 my logitech profiler lost its keys on the wheel.
That happens to me if I accidently click the Motec button in the garage. I don't even notice I've done it because it doesn't switch to the motec software it just starts it in the background. That stops the profiler working every time for me.
- Death to Smoochy

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:28 pm

Points are up and official. Slight delay as I was at a LAN with the computer over night :)
- Death to Smoochy