NZNL Season 6 - Race 2 - American Raceway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Viking

Post by Viking » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:25 am

Congrats to Wraith. Bit of a shock to find out after qual that I had moved from 6th to 5th in points, after penalties, and so shouldn't have qual'd. Shock to start 3rd too.

Apols to Odie for the choice of places to pass near the end. Turns out I needed to go as Prom ran me down from some 10 seconds behind to finish just 1.5 from my rear bumper on the last tank of gas.
Snake Rogers wrote:...after my last pitstop got shafted by Viking
In my defense I missed Flyboys pit-in message. I got a run on him and decided to pass, so moved to the middle lane to give you room (as you exited the pits) and make the pass. He then turned hard left, as I thought we may have been overlapping, I had to move left and lift to avoid spinning him. Unfortunately you were right beside us at the time and I got sqeezed into you. We still had a corner to go before the pit entrance so, assuming Fly saw that I was trying to pass, I dont understand why he cut down on me. He had plenty of time to move to the inside after the next corner after I was passed him as there were no other cars close to us.

Other than that a good race. Quite a difference in speed between old and new tyres.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:35 am

Inspector wrote:No prob Prom - it was my fault for the late message. I guess others told you but your car skin wasn't showing up last night because you altered your name.
You mean his skin wasn't showing up for some... It worked fine for me :)

You do know that he only uploaded the skin at about 8.45 last night?

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:48 am

Yeah, I had uploaded the skin very late - apols to all. I'll make sure I have my act together for next week with the name. I had forgotten I had played around with the -V bit offline and had left it that way without realising it.

Doh !

Rikki Raceway _b
YouTube videos

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:12 am

storm wrote:i was keeping low, snake my tires were stuffed and drifted wide sorry but did you need to jam it 3 wide into the corner ?
Well yes i did Storm as i had rob chasing me down.
Wah Wah Wah

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:41 am

apoligies to mikol on the first lap if I caused your spin though i think i went up a bit and you came down a bit I had just recoverd from trying to avoid that big forst lap prang in front of me and getting unhooked of wideload sure I had a call someone was inside of me and knew you were outside so moved up a little knowing you still had room if you were high enough,later went down hill as tried to pass lapped traffic and avoid other spinners chewing my tryes to pieces that i started spinning myself after the 3rd one I got out of it so i would not wreck anyone elses race
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:53 am

I see Mikool still cant drive :rolleyes:

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:36 am

storm wrote:i was keeping low, snake my tires were stuffed and drifted wide sorry but did you need to jam it 3 wide into the corner ?
One should always know the state of their tires, if they are stuffed then you need to be lifting off more and at the point you hit snake it was almost on the straight so ya should have been able to easily leave him room.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:39 am

Viking wrote:Congrats to Wraith. Bit of a shock to find out after qual that I had moved from 6th to 5th in points, after penalties, and so shouldn't have qual'd. Shock to start 3rd too.

Apols to Odie for the choice of places to pass near the end. Turns out I needed to go as Prom ran me down from some 10 seconds behind to finish just 1.5 from my rear bumper on the last tank of gas.

[
Do not worry about it Viking, I made sure I took the turn wide enough to avoid the oil in that turn. You were coming fast and I had ever intention to let you pass, no harm done.
Odie

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:39 pm

Riven wrote:I see Mikool still cant drive :rolleyes:
Nope.... I guess not....

Maybe next week will be better....
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:28 pm

We shall see with Riki Speedway next week.
Last edited by odonohuesp on Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odie

Lancealot

Post by Lancealot » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:34 pm

Inspector wrote:It is great to see the commitment shown by the new drivers, noteably the Team Nua guys who have been practicing hard mid week and will be looking great in their new cars this week. I see these guys moving up to the InSPire league next season as a team and putting the rest of us under pressure in no time.

Thanks for those comments Inspector. Speaking on behalf of the Team Nua lads, it’s really not hard to find the motivation to turn up to this league. The manner in which it is run, along with the competitive and very realistic nature of this sim is something all the guys are thoroughly enjoying.

Our times are coming down and I don’t think we have caused any/to much mayhem yet, so things look to be on track to get the experience required for the main league. The rookie league is an excellent stepping stone. Cheers also to the senior drivers who show up and set the pace we need to strive for.

Thanks to our own team member Wonder Stevie for throwing together our skins, and to Bazzil for the renders.

Finally a huge thanks to you Inspector for the considerable efforts you went to so we could get set up and running. We are all very grateful. _b

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:41 pm

Bollucks...didn't get dressed up for my moment of glory :rolleyes:

Nice job on the vid (i'm guessing prom as jetboy aint that good yet ;p )

Think my skins sorted, I had too similar filenames with slightly different skins but forgot too update my multiplayer selection to the final skin sorry. But at least it kept me hidden from the googles ;p
Wraith

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:17 pm

Yes, you saw it before I could let people know :D

There's a video up here at SimRacerHQ from Race 2. Something quick 'n dirty, snapped out this morning.

Again, a different format, a different style, and not aimed at any one person in particular, just the usual random stuff.

Now a smaller file size and res, 1.4mbps and @35mb in size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Prometheus on Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube videos

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:44 pm

Prometheus wrote: Something quick 'n dirty, snapped out this morning.
Oh you bastard....just sorting the race 1 video to upload, thrown togeather last night...got a way to go before its at SimTV standard but having fun learning (grabbed the footage while writing the post race report and ended up with alot of footage from similar angles...oops)

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:45 pm

I'm back :) Looks like I missed a ripping good night. DAMMIT!
Don't make me destroy you.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:51 pm

Jetboy wrote: Oh you bastard....just sorting the race 1 video to upload, thrown togeather last night...got a way to go before its at SimTV standard but having fun learning (grabbed the footage while writing the post race report and ended up with alot of footage from similar angles...oops)
LOL, sorry chum. Tell yah what, you do Riki this week and I'll do the following week ? I was thinkingof doing a photo album style, with just stills and words for one version.... Anyway, this video is less of a story and more of just a random colleciton of cars racing, they just happen to be racing on the same track :D
YouTube videos

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:57 pm

hehe no worries, happy to see you throwing a vid or two togeather when you can...is the same as what I'm doing...when I have the time I get stuck into working on it....playing round with a few other games as well trying to make up a Simcentral Video....though lots ofvgames involved on the forum

and with that the uploads finished

Race 1 Supercell - Jetboys hack :p here

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:54 pm

Outstanding work with the Video Prom. _b _b
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Viking

Post by Viking » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:11 pm

Yeah nice work guys. Great vids from Jetboy and Prom.

Thanks for putting the time into making them, they're always an enjoyable watch.
Don't forget to put ya name on them Jetboy, so people will know they're yours.
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

wide load

Post by wide load » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:25 am

Excelllent movies once again. Big _b to both Prom and Jetboy for there efforts.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:14 pm

Ta muchly. Hopefully I shot everyone's car at least once (hoping to not always show just one car, except SimTV of course :D ).
YouTube videos

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:15 pm

Protest Results are up here

Be sure to read the results if you were protested against and plz take the feedback in constructively to try to improve your racing.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:28 pm

Mikool just about has as many penalty points as everyone else combined ;p
:>

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:01 pm

Season points have been updated
Odie

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:21 pm

race report up on SimRacerHQ front page